Shadowhunters RP discussion

London Institute > Hallways

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments The hallways of the Institute.

message 2: by Caden (new)

Caden blevins Darkheart walks through the hallways of the institute thinking to himself " midnight hmm he better come back by then or I'll track him down and kill him myself " he walks up to his room door just before he turns the handle he wonders about that girl he seen on the bridge.

message 3: by Caden (new)

Caden blevins as Darkheart left he walked into the institute into the hallways looking around maybe catching a glimpse of James but he wasn't there. "you've gotta be kidding me"

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cre8inglaughter) "Hey, wait up Darkheart." James slowed to an even pace next to him, "I'm sorry ok? I'm just tired is all. Lame reason, I know."

message 5: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Sophie had been making her daily rounds, cleaning up the resident's rooms, when she had nearly run over Gideon. The door in front of her had popped open while she was dashing past, causing her to bump into Gideon, who had just exited, and spill her bucket of water all over the floor. "Goodness!" She exclaimed, her face flushing red with embarrassment. She hurriedly bent down and began frantically scrubbing, hoping that Charlotte wouldn't see her mistake. A strand of hair fell out of her tight bun, and she brushed it back carelessly, not wanting the water to spread.

message 6: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Gideon was so startled that he nearly fell backwards but stopped himself just in time. "I'm so sorry!" he said. "I didn't mean..." he bent down next to her, completely forgetting for a moment that he could hardly walk and paled as his leg gave a sharp twinge of pain. He stumbled forward a little and involuntarily grabbed Sophie's shoulder to steady himself. His face flushed and he hurriedley got to his feet. "I'm really sorry." he said again. "If you need any help..."

message 7: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Sophie turned a brilliant shade of scarlet upon Gideon touching her shoulder, but she kept drying up the floor nonetheless. '"It's quite alright, Mr Lightwood, I'm perfectly capable of handling some spilled water," She said, not wanting to look up at him from her position on the floor, feeling as though that would make her look even more like servant, someone who was less than him. Instead, she just ringed out her damp towel over the now-empty bucket, keeping her head low.

message 8: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Gideon stood there uncertainly, not sure if what to say. He knew he had to get water for Gabriel but he couldn't bring himself to move away from there. "I didn't mean to knock it down." he said finally. "It was an accident." he stood silenty again after that, not wanting to leave from there just then when she was cleaning up the water that he had made her spill.

message 9: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments "I know it was an accident," Sophie said, letting an almost comforting tone into her voice, the most emotion she'd showed him in days. "You're not the type to purposefully do something like this." She wrung the towel again, and then continued cleaning up the water. Slowly, the massive puddle lost its volume and size, as Sophie tediously cleaned. "I don't suppose you've seen Miss Herondale come back from riding?" She asked Gideon, continuing to dry up the water. "She hasn't returned yet, but I was just wondering if anyone else had seen her."

message 10: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Gideon was very relieved that she wasn't too upset at him and almost smiled. "No." he said "I haven't seen her or Will today since morning. I thought both of them went out riding. I expect she'll be with him." he looked down at her, wanting so badly for her to talk to him like they were equals and not like she was a servant. He could see a lock of hair falling over her forehead but did not want to bend down because he was afraid he would fall again. "Sophie..." he began.

message 11: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments "Yes, Mister Lightwood?" She asked, stopping her cleaning and looking up at him for the first time since she had spilled the water. "What is it?" She didn't comment on the use of her Christian name, knowing full well that Gideon could call her whatever he wanted considering her position. Desperately wishing that she could talk to him the way she used to, she instated chided herself for having such childish thoughts. It was not her place to do so.

message 12: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Please call me Gideon." he said. "You don't have to call me Mr. Lightwood." he paused. "You've been avoiding me ever since I came to the Institute." he said. "Is anything the matter? Have I done something wrong?" he looked down at her, his face looking almost guilty. He did not know what he had done to make her act like this towards him but whatever it was, he was very sorry for it.

message 13: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Sophie felt a pang of guilt at seeing how sad he looked, and for a second she almost considered standing up and hugging him to make him feel better, but she knew she couldn't. "You haven't done anything wrong, sir." She said, drying up the last of the puddle and collecting her things. "But I'm a servant and you're a gentleman, it's simple as that." Once she had gathered up her tools, she stood up, hating being put in this position, and thoroughly wishing that she could comfort Gideon.

message 14: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "It doesn't have to be like this." he said. "You can still talk to me like we are friends. Like before. You don't have to keep reminding yourself you're a servant because that is not the only way everybody sees you here. You're more than just a servant here Sophie. You're....you're...." he stopped himself just in time. He was going to say You're the person I fell in love with. Instead, he just said "A member of the household."

message 15: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments "I'm sorry, Mr. Lightwood, but I am not a Shadowhunter, therefore I cannot be a full-fledged member of this household," She said this almost ruefully, wishing that she could be equal with all the other members of the house. Wishing she could be equal with Gideon. But I can't, She thought sadly, hating the defeated look on Gideon's face, and wishing she could make him smile. I knew I could never be equal with any of the Shadowhunters from when I first began working here.

message 16: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "I..." he did not know what to say. He had so much to say but he couldn't bring himself to say it right now in front of her though it seemed like a perfect moment to say something. Maybe he was just too scrared of her reaction. "I told Gabriel I would be getting him some water." he said. "He's...he's not doing very well." he looked at her one last time and walked down the hallway, knowing he was leaving too many things unsaid.

message 17: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((I'll be back in around 15 minutes.))

message 18: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Okay.))

message 19: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments "Mr. Lightwood," Sophie called after him, almost cracking a smile. She pointed down the other end of the hallway, "The kitchen's over there." She grinned to herself at his slight mistake, thinking how adorable it was, but said nothing.

message 20: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Yes." he said, turning a bright shade of pink. "I just....wrong direction." he quickly turned around and marched towards the kitchen, not looking back even once at her.

message 21: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Sophie watched him go, and then turned around and went off to continue with her daily rounds, thinking about what Gideon had said.

message 22: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((I think Will should come back now.))

message 23: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Okay, sure. Maybe Jem asks Will where Cecily is because he was supposed to have gone riding with her?))

message 24: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Yeah. Okay. Jem and Tessa will be together now, right?))

message 25: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Yeah. Do you want them to meet in the dining room?))

message 26: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Okay. I'll post))