Shadowhunters RP discussion

London Institute > Henry's workroom

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments The place where Henry makes his inventions

message 2: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Henry sat at his desk, tinkering absentmindedly with a contraption he had been working on. His vision began to blue slightly, and he felt as though he were about to fall asleep until a loud explosion came from the gadget he had been working on, and he immediately snapped back into focus.

message 3: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Charlotte walked into the room just then. She was feeling more alert after her short nap and she was remembering some very important things. "Can I have a word?" she asked her husband, not bothering about the explosion. She was used to them.

((Gtg))

message 4: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Henry out down the contraption, feeling slightly embarrassed, and turned to face his wife. "What is it darling?" He asked, peeling off his work gloves, and taking off the safety goggles he had been wearing.
((Kay.))

message 5: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Gabriel could be contagious." Charlotte said, seeming very agitated. "I did not think of this before. He's sleeping in the same room as his brother. If he catches it too..."

message 6: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments "But then what are you proposing we do?" Henry asked, a hint of worry in his voice. They couldn't just quarantine Gabriel, he was only just a boy. And besides, Henry feared that the effects of isolating him may take a greater toll on his mental health, more than the fever itself.

message 7: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "We'll have to keep him in a separate room." Charlotte said. "I know he won't like it and I'm sure Cecily won't either but it's just too much risk having him sleep there. Everybody else could come down with pneumonia!"

message 8: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Henry pursed his lips, clearly not satisfied with this response. "Charlotte, the boy already mistrusts us, do you really think that completely isolating him will make him want to stay here? Maybe we could ask the children to limit their contact with him," He looked up at Charlotte, trying to read her expression. "But do you really think it's best to take such drastic measures?" Henry didn't want to push the matter too much, and decided silently that whatever Charlotte said next, he would agree to. He was much too tired to argue more, anyways.

message 9: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Gabriel has to understand the situation." Charlotte said, nervously twisting her fingers together. Pneumonia is too dangerous to be taken this lightly. "We can't let anybody else get affected by it." she looked down. "I know it's not the kindest thing to do." she said. "But if he's in Gideon's room, there is too much chance of it spreading." she looked at Henry for assurance that she was doing the right thing.

message 10: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Henry nodded. "Alright," He said, biting his lip slightly. "I do believe you know best here Charlotte," he shifted his weight from one foot to the other, and then looked back at Charlotte, "Are you going to deliver the news to the boy? Or should ....I?" He asked the last part with hesitation, not particularly wanting to inform Gabriel about the isolation in front of his brother.

message 11: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Charlotte's face was set. "I will." she said. "I'm the one enforcing it after all." she did not look nervous anymore. She knew she had to do what was necessary. "I'm sure at least two other people besides Gabriel aren't going to like thsi situation." she said. "I hope all of them understand." then without another word, she left the room.

message 12: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Henry stared after her for what felt like a solid minute, and then strapped back on his safety goggles and pulled back on his gloves, returning to his work table. He absentmindedly began fiddling with the electronic that laid in front of him, jumping slightly every time it let out a spark.

((Continue in Gideon's room?))

message 13: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Going 2 have to go to school soon.))

message 14: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Ok. I'll post.))