Shadowhunters RP discussion

London Institute > Jem's room

Comments Showing 1-50 of 108 (108 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Opposite to Tessa's room.

message 2: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Tessa called out, "Will, no!" But it was too late, the door was already open. She rushed after him, hoisting up the blue dress she was wearing in order to move faster. She made it to the door in time to see all the Silent Brothers' heads turn towards Will. Tessa shuddered, she still couldn't get over the appearance of the Silent Brothers. She peered over at Jem.
Jem had looked up from his position on the bed to see Will and Tessa standing in his doorway. He blinked and said, "Please allow them in."

message 3: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Will walked slowly into the room. Jem seemed so much frailer than he had before and his eyes looked too bright.He probably had a fever. Will came and sat down by his bedside. "James...." he started but couldn't go on. He looked at his parbatai with worried eyes. Seeing him like this made him scared.

message 4: by Genevieve (last edited May 12, 2014 07:57PM) (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Jem cracked a feeble smile for his parabatai's sake, "I'm much better now, you shouldn't worry, Will, you'll only make yourself sick." He tried to push himself into a sitting position on his bed, but his arms gave out half way and he fell back down.
"Jem!" Tessa cried, rushing over to his side. She picked up one of Jem's hands, and held it close to her.

message 5: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Will's hands clenched into fists. "I am not going to make myself sick." he said. "But I'm worried about you Jem." he put a hand on his parbatai's forehead to feel his temperature. The skin under his hand felt like it was burning. "Do you need any more of your....medicine?" Will asked him slowly.

message 6: by Genevieve (last edited May 12, 2014 09:25PM) (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Jem looked away, not meeting Will's gaze. How could he tell him there was none of it left? Especially with Tessa here. "I'm alright, Will." Jem grabbed the cloth of his bed to keep him stable. "I don't need any of it. And it's not medicine, for that would imply that it's a cure and that it's fixing the problem, rather than extending it."

Tessa looked worriedly at Jem, and then gave a pleading glance to Will, as if to say, "Make him see reason."

message 7: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Will grimaced. "Where is it?" he asked looking around the room for the box in which Jem kept the yin fen . He saw the box in a corner of the room and walked till there and opened it. His eyes widened as he looked inside and he couldn't keep the shock away from his face. "James!" he exclaimed. "There's nothing left." he strode over to the bed, his face like thunder.

message 8: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Tessa didn't fully understand what was going on, and suggested, "Where is the rest of his supply? Can he take from that?"
"Tessa," Jem said in a small, cracked voice, "There isn't any more of the supply. That was the last of it. It's all-" Jem erupted in a hacking cough before he could finish saying the word gone. He was doubled over in pain, he could feel the fever burning through him.
"But, surely... There must be..." Tessa stepped back and said, in a slow, horrified voice, "Jem, where did all of it go?"

message 9: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Will wanted to ask the same thing. He stared at the box, completely stupified. He just didn't know what to say. He walked over and put an arm around Jem's shoulders. He was thinner now. Will could feel the sharp protruding bones on his back. "He's right." he said to Tessa. "All of it." he said. "Every bit of the drug I'd bought was in that box." he looked at Jem, his eyes asking the question. Why?

message 10: by Genevieve (last edited May 13, 2014 03:47PM) (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Tessa gave Jem a pleading look, "Please tell me you didn't--"
Jem finally pushed himself into a sitting position, which nearly knocked the wind out of him. "I took all the medicine," He said finally in a soft voice, realizing he might as well tell them now, rather than hiding it. "I- I took heavier doses, i-in order to stay healthier." His voice was cracking and he was stuttering, but he couldn't help it.

message 11: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Will could see the difficulty Jem was having in talking and gently pushed him down into a sleeping position again. His eyes were stormy. "Don't exert yourself." he said. "I'm going to get more of it." He looked once more at the empty box and stormed out of the room, not looking back even once.

message 12: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Tessa wanted to speak with Jem, but he looked exhausted, and she felt it was better to let him sleep. Whispering, she said, "Xiànzài shui, ài." Then she quietly left the room, trying not to disturb him.
As much as Jem wanted to tell Tessa to stay, he couldn't muster the strength to tell her. The last thing he heard before falling asleep was Tessa saying, in fluent Chinese, Sleep now, love.

message 13: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Do you want me to bring a character to help Will in his endeavor to find yin fen?))

message 14: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Okay. Who? Tessa, Cecily, Gabriel?))

message 15: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((If you want we can do Gabriel, Cecily, and Will because that'll be a really interesting mix. And I think you have Cecily. Maybe they can meet one of the extra characters while they're out.))

message 16: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Okay. Gabriel Cecilily and Will sounds good :D The most likely person they would meet in a place like that would be my werewolf, Antonio so...shall we start?))

message 17: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Yep! You can post first (cuz ur Will). :D I always preferred the Infernal Devices, so I'm having fun with this RP.))

message 18: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Yeah. Me too :D :D :D))

message 19: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Will was standing outside Jem's doom with a sickening feeling. Rhey hadn't allowed him to enter and because of that, he realized it must be very bad. He knew Jem's hair would start turning black soon and his eyes, Will had never seen the real colour of Jem's eyes. He just stood there, waiting for the inevitable and feeling something inside him slowly die as Jem was dying,

message 20: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Tessa saw Will standing outside Jem's door, looking horribly distraught, and made up her mind to comfort him. "Will," She called out, her voice soft. From the way his shoulders were bent, and from the despair that lingered in his eyes, she could tell he had not found any of Jem's medicine.

message 21: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "I couldn't do it Tess." he said, his voice rasping against his throat. "I couldn't find a single bit of the drug. Nothing." his fingers were biting against his palm and he looked like he was going to lose his calm any second. "I'm sorry." he said, looking up at her. "I'm sorry I could not save Jem."

message 22: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments She picked up one of Will's hands to stop him from clawing at his palm, sure that he would cut through his flesh with his nails if she did not. Looking back into Will's eyes, she responded, in a hushed tone, "Do not blame yourself, Will Herondals, for he was never yours to save. We all knew from the start that his was a fire that would burn short, but we loved and cared for him nevertheless. And though you cannot save him now, Will, you have given him the greatest gift of all--the chance at living. For I believe that you made his fire burn a little brighter every day."

message 23: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Will did not reply to that. He just shook his head. He didn't try to claw at his palm again but he suddenley felt like doing something, anything that could save Jem. "Have you seen him?" he croaked. "How is he?"

Cecily entered the corridor just in time to see Tessa holding Will's hand. She was slightly surprised but her worry for Will was more. She thought he looked worse than he'd looked before, worse than she had ever seen him in his life. She walked over to the two of them, hoping her brother was going to be allright.

message 24: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Tessa looked away, chocking back tears for Will's sake. "I haven't been allowed in," She whispered, her lips quivering with despair. "They say- they say that I can't go in, that I can't see him. I believe that they think I'll be grief stricken upon entering."

message 25: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Will...." Cecily said as she walked over to them but didn't know how to go on. She could see Tessa was just as upset and regretted coming here. She didn't know how many people she could comfort, escpecially when there was hardly any comfort to offer. Will looked in. ecily's direction but did not offer any greeting. Cecily could see the torture in his eyes.

message 26: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments "Cecily," Tessa said,'looking away from Will for once. "You shouldn't be here, it's not suitable for you right now." It was a much too morose atmosphere for Cecily, and she didn't want the young girl to be in as much pain as the rest of them at this moment. "Please."

message 27: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Cecily wanted to agree with her because she was feeling slightly lost right now but there was also Will to worry about and he looked like he was going to break any second. "Yes, go Cecily." Will said. "You shouldn't be here right now." "How is Jem?" Cecily asked, ignoring their words.

message 28: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((I gtg))

message 29: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Tessa's frame was shaking slightly, and it was all she could do to hold her tears back. "None of us know, Cecily." Her voice was cracking and he eyes were puffy with tears she had cried before Will's arrival. "Please, please leave us be, we don't want you to worry."

message 30: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Okay, have fun at wherever! :p))

message 31: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." Cecily said, backing away slowly. When she reached the end of the corridor, she fled, running through the institute, not knowing where she was headed to.

((Studying....not fun))

message 32: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Ooh, sorry to hear it. I have to cram for my algebra finals, so I can relate.))
Tessa looked back up at Will, her hand shaking now, "Oh God," She said, her voice a hollow and cracked whisper. "What if- what if I won't be able to see him before-" She stopped talking there, not wanting to finish the sentence, and not wanting to worry Will even more.

message 33: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Oh...It's terrible >.<))

Will realised what she was going to say and he put on a determined air. "We will see him right now." he said. "I will make sure we get let in." he rapped hard on the door, his face set, ready for the worst that could have occurred.

message 34: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Tessa stood behind him, this time not attempting to stop him from entering Jem's room. She wanted-needed- to see her fiancé, to hold him, and care for him, even if -- even if --even if it was for the last time.

message 35: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments The door swung open. It had been opened by a silent brother. Will stumbled inside, wanting to see, wanting to know how bad he really was. He could never accept the fact that he would die. Not till he saw him.

message 36: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Tessa followed in after him, her vision going slightly blurry with nervousness. She walked towards Jem's bed in a slight trance, as if in a dream.
((Idk what to do with Jem right now. I kinda want to shake up the plot a bit.))

message 37: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Gtg to bed.))

message 38: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Jem is cured of having to take the drug but all that kerps him alive is the Silent Brothers. He can't talk. It's like he's in a coma. The drug slowly drains out of his system and he lives, after a long time of Tessa and Will worrying themselves to death. How's that?))

Will ignored the Silent brothers. He just focussed on Jem.

message 39: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Okay. I think I'm going to use the coma part of that idea. But maybe it could sort of be like a mystery why he hadn't completely dies yet??))

Tessa had expected to find Jem looking close to death, hanging on to the string of life feebly. However, she had not expected to find him sleeping, looking healthier than she had seen him in ages, with the roots of his hair turning back to their original color. "Jem," She breathed, kneeling beside his bed. Turning to one of the Silent Brothers, she asked, "How long has he been sleeping for?"

message 40: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Yeah. Okay. Thaot's cool.))

He has been in this very condition since this afternoon miss Gray. We thought he would have died because of his condition long ago but he hasn't stopped breathing yet. "What?" Will rushed over to Jem's side and saw that it looked as if he was asleep. "How long will it take him to wake up?" he asked.

((Wait....if Jem is alive then Will doesn't get Tessa!!))

message 41: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Oh crap. Ummm... Okay. I think I'll go with your idea then. But how about no one knows how to help him yet? So they're all confused.))

Tessa felt Jem's forehead, anticipating the burning fever that she had grown accustomed to, but instead was greeted with the lukewarm of an average temperature. He's in a stable state, Miss Grey. However, we cannot be sure of how much longer he will remain that way. "Oh, Jem," Tessa whispered, laying her head on top of his chest.

message 42: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((My idea keeps him alive too! What about by the time he wakes up, Tessa and Will are together because he's been asleep for so long?))

Will was so shocked, he could just stare. For once, he had absolutely no idea of what to say. He looked at Jem's peaceful face and expected him to wake up any second. He'd thought he would die. Will almost felt like crying in relief. He felt Jem's forehead but felt no fever this time. "But why isn't he waking up?" he muttered, half to himself.

message 43: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Oh, I thought him being dependent on the Silent Brothers would force him to come with them back to their city until they find a cure. And since he didn't know how long that would take, he gave Will and Tessa his blessing or something.))

We believe he is in a comatose state, not exactly asleep, yet not fully awake either. At any moment the cord could break and he could either fall into unending sleep or wake up perfectly healthy. Tessa was slightly shocked at the Silent Brother's bluntness, but expected they couldn't feel human emotions as deeply as the rest of them. However, what he said only worried her more.

message 44: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Okay. That's a better idea. Mine makes Tessa seem really heartless))

Will was as shocked as Tessa was. He closed his eyes and opened them again. Jem could be normal again. He would live an ordinary life. He would survive. Will did not even dare to believe that. He looked towards Tessa almost by instinct to see her reaction.

message 45: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Okay. We can combine all of the ideas. :D))
Tessa saw Will looking happy, and realized he had obviously focused on the side where Jem could wake up ordinary. However, she was more worried about the other side of the chord p, the side where Jem didn't wake up at all. She tried to conceal her worry for Will's sake, and asked, "What are the chances that he'll wake up 'perfectly healthy'?"

message 46: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Yeah :D))

It can't be said right now. the silent brother replied. It may even take weeks for us to know for sure. his voice didn't have any expression in it. Will's face still showed hope. He was sure now that Jem would come out of it alive and healthy. He smiled.

message 47: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Tessa couldn't help but feel hopeful as well at seeing Will's smile. Maybe things could be alright, she thought to herself. "Thank you," She said to the Silent Brothers, smiling herself. "For helping Jem."

message 48: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments It is our duty. the Silent brother said simply. Will almost felt like hugging Tessa.He was so happy. But he knew he couldn't so he got to his feet. "I'll go and tell Charlotte." he said, barely able to contain his happiness.

message 49: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Tessa nodded slightly, and got up to follow Will. "I'll come with you," She said, wanting to see how Charlotte would react to the news. "The Angel knows she needs some good news."

message 50: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Sorry. I'm pretty busy right now.))

Will smiled again. He felt like he just couldn't stop smiling. But then, he remembered something. "Where did Cecily go?" he asked Tessa.

« previous 1 3