Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive - Yearly Challenges 2015 > Mama Linda's A to Z

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 22, 2014 04:55PM) (new)

Hi, I've decided to try this A to Z Challenge so here goes my list:
Start date: Jan. 1st, 2014
End date: Dec. 31st, 2014

Books completed: 15/26

* - Ark (The) by Boyd Morrison (5*)
B - Black House by Stephen King
* - Camel Club (The) by David Baldacci(4 stars)
* - Demon Signet by Shawn Hopkins(4 stars)
* - Ever Fall by Joe Hart (4 stars) :)
F - Faithful Spy (The) by Alex Berenson
G - Guardian of Lies by Steve Martini
H - Hostage (The) by W.E.B. Griffin
* - Inca Gold by Clive Cussler (4*)
* - Joyland by Stephen King (4*)
* - Kill Switch (The) by James Rollins(5*)
* - List (The) by J. A. Konrath (4 Stars)
* - Murder on the Mind by L.L. Bartlett (4 stars)
N - Number Sevent-Five by Ashley Fontainne
* - Outview by Brandt Legg (4 stars)
* - Perfect Crimes by Clint Black (3 stars)
Q - Quiet River by Natasha A. Salnikova
* - Red Mist by Patricia Cornwell(3 stars)
S - Sixth Extinction by James Rollins
T - The Tesla Secret by Alex Lukeman
* - Unleashed by Emily Kimelman(4 stars) :)
V - Vicious Circle by Mike Carey
* - White Fire by Preston / Child(4 stars) :)
* - Xone of Contention (Xanth 23) by Piers Anthony(2 stars)
Y - You're Nexr by Gregg Hurwitz
Z - Zoo by James Patterson
The Ark (Tyler Locke, #1) by Boyd Morrison Black House (The Talisman, #2) by Stephen King The Camel Club (Camel Club, #1) by David Baldacci The Demon Signet by Shawn Hopkins EverFall by Joe Hart The Faithful Spy (John Wells, #1) by Alex Berenson Guardian of Lies (Paul Madriani, #10) by Steve Martini The Hostage (Presidential Agent, #2) by W.E.B. Griffin Inca Gold (Dirk Pitt, #12) by Clive Cussler Joyland by Stephen King

message 2: by Cora (new)

Cora (missteacher333) | 98 comments That is actually very cool.

message 3: by Zouagie (new)

Zouagie | 48 comments I keep seeing these, looks very cool. I think I should do one too but not sure...most of your picks looks interesting. :)

message 4: by Anima (new)

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments Welcome to the challenge, Linda! Your list looks very interesting, I may use it as recommendations :), and I really liked Joyland, I hope you find this book interesting. Have fun with your reading!

message 5: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5946 comments Mod
Zouagie & Cora - Feel free to start your own thread and join the challenge! It really is a fun way to challenge yourself to read different books.

message 6: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5946 comments Mod
Linda - I also enjoyed Joyland. One of King's lighter books. I'm reading Doctor Sleep now and it's very good! I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on Zoo. I've been considering reading that one.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you all for the encouraagement! This is my first try but I'm retired so I think I have a good chance at success! Anima You are most welcome to use the list for recommendations! I am looking forward to reading Joyland, so I'll do a review and let everyone know how I liked it.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I decided I'm not going to try to read these in any specific order, so I've just finished my first one "Perfect Crimes" by Clint Black. One down!!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, looks like I have a good start, 7 done so far. I'm gonna take a break here and read some books I want to give my granddaughter. I read them first then give them to her and then we discuss the books! So Love that!!!

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen | 12 comments Your list is something I might want to try. VERY INTERESTING!! I'm retired also (two years) but I have a list of TBR books.

message 11: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4069 comments Mod
Linda wrote: "I'm gonna take a break here and read some books I want to give my granddaughter. I read them first then give them to her and then we discuss the books! So Love that!!! "

Aw, that's nice :)

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura I read your selection for letter Y. I really enjoyed You're Next!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Karen, yes, I used quite a few of my kindle books, that I haven't read yet, so I could get them off my tbr list. Love being retired!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura, I'm looking forward to reading that one! It sounds very interesting. Did you do a review?

Thank You Lynn! I'm trying to get her on here!