FYA Book Club of Charm City discussion

Monthly Meetings > November 2013 Meeting

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (last edited Nov 23, 2013 12:26PM) (new)

Kat (booksenvogue) | 251 comments Mod
Last night was the 6th meeting of the Forever YA of Charm City book club.

Here's the meeting minutes:
Attendance [2 members]: Katrina (me) and Elizabeth

Agenda/Items Covered: The Program (Buddy Read), The Unquiet (November BOM), other books read, and miscellaneous fun stuff.

Discussion: I think we both agreed that The Unquiet ended terribly. The supporting characters were blah; and the plot went downhill shortly after it started to unfold.

The Program was a dream come true. Care bears and uniforms teamed up in a world of chaos and defeated the evil leprechaun. Thus winning the pot of gold, then partying in a shower of glitter! While that didn't actually happen in The Program, it paints the picture of how much more we loved reading it.

Elizabeth was "Team Realm" and I was "Team James". No tie breaker.

Other "Hot" Topics-
• The conflict of planning a meeting during the holidays. (No December Meeting)

There will not be a required reading this month, so I encourage you to head over the Buddy Read thread.

The January read will be voted via poll. (Will be posted NLT January 1st!)

If you were unable to attend, no worries. There’s always the next meeting!

In spite of the low number, the meeting was still a pleasure and nice gathering. Thanks to Ukazoo Books for making the accommodations. Thanks to Elizabeth for being a team player.

See you all in 2014!

Happy Reading,
Katrina

message 2: by Virginia (new)

Virginia | 33 comments Mod
Are the meetings usually on Fridays? It sounds like it was a lot of fun, and hopefully I can make the next one.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Corrigan (elizabethrcorrigan) | 135 comments We move meetings around so they're on different days of the week (says the girl who's been in the club for 2 months, but I'm still pretty sure that's accurate). We aren't having a meeting for December, cuz holidays, but we're planning to do a buddy read. If you want to read anything anyone has suggested, or if you want to recommend your own reads, you can comment in the buddy reads section.