UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Group Games > The most unlikely newspaper headline

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jan (new)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson (janhurst-nicholson) | 360 comments Can anyone top this one written by Spike Milligan?

"Marie Celeste Sails into Liverpool"

message 2: by Lynda (last edited Nov 23, 2013 11:21AM) (new)

Lynda Wilcox (lyndawrites) | 1142 comments Hi, Jan. Long time, no speak. (KfK)

This from a local paper (and so good I used it in Strictly Murder)
"Dinner Table in Speed Record Bid".

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 2998 comments "Career progression is at an all-time low" claims anteater.

message 4: by Jan (new)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson (janhurst-nicholson) | 360 comments Lynda wrote: "Hi, Jan. Long time, no speak. (KfK)

This from a local paper (and so good I used it in Strictly Murder)
"Dinner Table in Speed Record Bid"."

I'd like to see the pic that went with this!

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol Dobson | 562 comments Hi everyone. What about:
England wins world cup in Brazil.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments m.p. tells the truth.

message 7: by R.M.F. (new)

R.M.F. Brown | 4128 comments Lord Lucan wins grand national riding Shergar.

message 8: by Andy (last edited Mar 05, 2014 05:16AM) (new)

Andy Elliott | 1524 comments My all time favourite from the local rag:

Doggers put off be trimmed bushes at Northampton sex lay-by.

message 9: by Jan (new)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson (janhurst-nicholson) | 360 comments O J Simpson finally admits guilt

message 10: by Michael Cargill (new)

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 2998 comments "Ferrero Rocher aren't all that" admits Ambassador.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments The lady can't stand Milk Tray.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments England beat Germany in penalty shoot out.

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments Chocolate found to be the new slimming sensation.

message 14: by R.M.F. (new)

R.M.F. Brown | 4128 comments Gingerlily - Smiter of idiots. wrote: "The lady can't stand Milk Tray."

Hidden sugars, trans-fat, and sharp edges on the box. Who can blame her! :)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Vanessa wrote: "Chocolate found to be the new slimming sensation."

Not so unlikely. I've seen that one in the daily mail more than once. ;)

message 16: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments "Ghost ship full of diseased cannibal rats could crash into coast of Cornwall"

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Price of petrol drops to 50p a gallon

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Rosen wrote: ""Ghost ship full of diseased cannibal rats could crash into coast of Cornwall""

Again. Seen that one in the daily mail. ;)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments eastwood ( hang em high) wrote: "Price of petrol drops to 50p a gallon"

Now, that might happen.

Preceded by 'Canada invades US'

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Daily mail prints happy news

message 21: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments Oh mine was a real title. Doesn't make it any more likely though.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Drunk oil brat returns to street race.

This time cop removes keys.

....erm... I think I was seen on my balcony....

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Well you should have put some clothes on!

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments Common sense to be used in all government decisions.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments chancellor announces tax to be abolished on everything

message 26: by Jan (new)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson (janhurst-nicholson) | 360 comments eastwood ( hang em high) wrote: "chancellor announces tax to be abolished on everything"

Reminds me of the Two Ronnies.

"The government are getting down to brass tacks/tax. And the tax they'll be imposing..."

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Well I plan on spending much more time at the bingo drinking beer.

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments The new £1 coin is going to be worth a pound!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Vanessa wrote: "The new £1 coin is going to be worth a pound!"

Now that's just crazy talk.

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments It looks like an old thrupenny bit and probably worth about the same.

message 31: by eastwood (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) (last edited Mar 20, 2014 11:19AM) (new)

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Threepenny bits eh

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Big clue with the date.