Bisky's Twitterling's Scribbles! discussion

Off Topic > (Coffee) Drink of Choice

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nicole (last edited Nov 23, 2013 10:50AM) (new)

Nicole Michelle | 450 comments Mod
It's no secret that we writers basically live in coffee shops, so I was just wondering what's your drink of choice when you write in coffee shops?

Mine is a Non-fat Dirty Chai. Best drink ever <3

Also, on a side note, I saw this awesome article on a Starbucks secret menu item for a Butterbeer Frap for all us HP geeks :D! Here it is for you guys in case you're interested and it even breaks it down in case the barista has no idea what you're talking about :) Just thought i'd share.
http://www.seventeen.com/entertainmen...

[Edit] I've tried the Butterbeer frap just now and it is really good! Def. worth a try once in your life. It's very sweet so make it a treat for writing so hard today :D

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen (okiewashere) | 57 comments For me it is an ordinary (in my case venti) latte macchiato, sprinkled with cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.

The Butterbeer Frap is great - just not when I am writing. I cannot concentrate while having something sweet. ;)

message 3: by Mark (new)

Mark Bordner In hot months, I like the caramel frappicino. In winter, I swing toward hot peppermint mocha w/ extra coffee shot.

message 4: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Thorogood (tonythorogood) I'll be a spoil sport here and tell you that coffee is bad for you and sugar is poison!!! If you want to write telling your story should be your stimulant.

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Wolfenberger | 85 comments I drink an orange, white chocolate mocha. It's sweet, but not overly chocolaty. If I'm really tired, I'll go with an americano, two shots, no sugar.

message 6: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 1053 comments Mod
If I am tired I need to stay away from anything hot. After drinking a hot coffee, I will fall asleep like a baby so instead, I go for iced coffee.

message 7: by Bisky (new)

Bisky Scribbles (bisky_scribbles) | 2536 comments Mod
@Anthony I won't let you judge my lifestyle ;]

I usually go for Mocha Lattes, although now they've brought out the Santa latte I'll probably be having that.

In the summer I go for caramel frappes. The coffee in this country is really strong so sometimes I just end up drinking English Breakfast tea. (with milk and sugar of course :] )

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Barnes | 86 comments Usually I am a black coffee drinker. But when I treat myself to Starbucks it's a non-fat caramel macchiato Grande. In the summer I love the chocolate chip frap. Yummy!

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Hawes (little_red_writes) | 143 comments I love anything coffee flavored, but I really don't like coffee straight. I must add SUGAR FREE hot chocolate or cappuccino mix;-) So then I'm not running in vain everyday!!

message 10: by Mark (new)

Mark Bordner I've found an effective combatant against writer's block is dark-roast day-old coffee.

message 11: by Bisky (new)

@Mark eww xP

message 12: by J. David (new)

J. David Clarke (clarketacular) | 418 comments @Anthony wins the internet.

I can't drink coffee anymore, sadly, but when I did nothing could beat a Starbucks caramel macchiato. Mmm...caramel...

message 13: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Ramji (GemmaRamji) | 2 comments One of life's greatest disappointments is the 'cappuccino in a sachet'. It looks like a cappuccino, but it certainly doesn't taste like one.

message 14: by Bisky (last edited Nov 25, 2013 08:49AM) (new)

Omg, tell me about it :x

Sugar and foam.

message 15: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Ramji (GemmaRamji) | 2 comments Lol! Very true! Better to go to a coffee shop, even if it is a long way away...

message 16: by Bisky (new)

Though, I must add that I am very partial to a vodka martini.

And orange juice :p

message 17: by Nicole (new)

All of these sound so good! Well, except the say old roast...sorry :p

Now I really want coffee D:

Jwls Mac Ray- Julia  Ray | 5 comments I'm a Pepsi drinker! No coffee here.

message 19: by Bisky (new)

Here they have a christmas cola. It's the only cola drink that outsells coca cola anywhere during christmas. I love it! Dont really like pepsi or cola otherwise. It's more syrupy :]

message 20: by Brian (new)

Brian Basham (brianbasham) | 390 comments My favorite drink when it gets cold enough is the Peppermint Hot Chocolate. I am always on the go, so I will get one whenever I go past a WaWa. Not a fan of coffee or tea. I've had some good coffee before, but nothing helps that overpowering awful aftertaste.

message 21: by Bisky (new)

McDonalds have recently started doing bounty milkshakes here. Chocolate and coconut.

So good ;-;

message 22: by Nicole (new)

I'm not much of a soda drinker anymore, unless it's dr pepper, I can always make an exception for that, but it's gotta be those tiny cans bc that all I can handle really xp
The minty hot coco sounds really yum yum. And the milkshakes too although I tend to stay away from mcdonalds as if my life depended on it •_•

message 23: by Brian (new)

Brian Basham (brianbasham) | 390 comments I live right by a Mcdonalds, but haven't gone there in forever. Do not like their food. Sonic however has great specialty drinks. I love their chocolate milkshakes and Cherry slushes. I try to avoid fast food when I can, but sometimes those cherry slushes call to me.

message 24: by Bisky (new)

McDonalds has some strict regulations in this country so I don't feel as bad eating it in this country as I do in the UK. The shakes taste less chemically xP

message 25: by Harmony (new)

Harmony Kent (harmonyk) Okay, so I'm a real saddo ... (really) ... I don't write in coffee shops. My fave thing to do is sit at the computer with a glass of white, or a (v.large) shot of single malt (no rocks) ... as you can probably tell, I do a lot of my writing on an evening.
Perhaps once I've moved to Cornwall early in the New Year I'll find a local little coffee shop/cafe, and change my habits ;p

message 26: by Harmony (new)

Harmony Kent (harmonyk) P.S... I make sure I'm sober for the Edits (lol) :D

message 27: by Nicole (new)

I wish they had better regulations here and smaller portions :<

@Harmony wine is always a great option! ;)

message 28: by Bisky (new)

Booze is too expensive here for me to get it very often but I'm going back to England for christmas and that's one thing I'm looking forward to :p

My family are used to me typing. I don't have to look at the screen while I type so I usually write while we have converstations xP

message 29: by Karen (new)

Karen (okiewashere) | 57 comments A single malt in the evening is great for writing. Despite that - there's always coffee in the air. ;)

message 30: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Barnes | 86 comments Coca-Cola girl here, but I will drink Pepsi if I have to. :P I love putting butterscotch schnapps in my hot chocolate. If I could find peppermint I would use it. Both are yummy.

I live within two miles of four Starbucks. (add another two miles and I can add two more stores!) That does not count the other six or seven coffee shops, drive thru or sit in, that are around. Gotta love Washington!! :D

message 31: by Nicole (new)

Bisky! You make it sound as if you're more excited for booze than to see your family D: haha I'm jk xp

I wish I were going to England for the holidays. Lucky duck. My family is also used to my typing/editing/working when I'm around lol but my cousins, all of them being rowdy boys and mostly older (they really outta grow up xp) usually give me a hard time regardless. In fact during Thanksgiving, I was editing a chapter I had printed out and one of my cousins actually ripped it out of my hands and locked himself in a room with it to "read" it. It was very mature of him -.-' lol but that's family I guess xp

message 32: by Nicole (new)

@Heidi Tge butterscotch schnapps in hot coco sounds A-mazing! Yum.

That sounds about right with the Starbucks haha. They're pretty much everywhere in SoCal too. In fact, there's 5 alone on my University campus haha

message 33: by Bisky (last edited Dec 20, 2013 12:09AM) (new)

@Heidi they aren't true swedish schnapps unless they taste like crap :p

@Nicole, there is mutual excitement for the booze in my family. Where I live isn't very Mary Poppins so I don't think you'd like it very much xP My bf doesn't. He's been to Brighton and has a comparison lol.

I'm lucky I don't get along with my cousins and me and my little brother just end up talking about marketing for our work whenever we are together :p

message 34: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Barnes | 86 comments LOL Bisky

message 35: by Nicole (new)

Same with my fam haha The cousins and I developed a tradition a few years back that anytime we get together we take a walk to the nearest liquor store and buy 40s (40 oz beers) and then come home, drink, and catch up haha.

I'd really like to go to Brighton. I bet it's amazing *-* lol I'm sure there must be some magical beauty where you live that can't be compared to anywhere else :3

My friend lives in Hampshire, I think he said (could be wrong), but when I (hopefully) make it out there to London during the summer, I plan to visit him, since he said he's only about an hour away. I don't know what it'll be like there though, since all I've ever experienced is London haha But it'll still be fun to explore other parts of England I think :) I just love traveling so much, I'm happy anywhere really.

message 36: by Bisky (new)

@Nicole were actually going to London. Look out for the instagrams :3

The best thing about where I live is my family. Try travelling to the north of Europe. Scandinavia has some amazing places :]

Britain has the best food though. My Viking just said how he can't understand why doiritos taste better here :p

message 37: by Nicole (new)

Hahaha awww tell Viking to compare the ingredients, I have a sneaking suspicion that's where the answer lies lol

I'm soooo jealous! Lucky duck. I will def look out for the picks ^^ prepare yourself for all the likes lol Have fun though!! ^^

There's a couple Scandinavian countries on my travel wish list :) one day, one day <33

message 38: by Topaz (new)

Topaz Winters (topazwinters) Hot peppermint mochas are basically what I live on in the winter... ;)

message 39: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Strong (samanthalstrong) | 206 comments I used to love Starbucks pumpkin spice latte or eggnogg latte, but because of my food tolerance, I can no longer drink them. In fact, I can't have any Starbucks coffee because their beans give me a reaction.

Mostly I drink tea. I discovered that putting eggnog (yes, JUST eggnog!) in my English breakfast tea I drink every morning is VERY good. I don't know what I'm going to do when Christmas is over.

message 40: by Nicole (last edited Dec 22, 2013 01:44PM) (new)

@Topaz Mmm minty drinks
are the best <3

@Samantha Eggnog in breakfast tea? And it's good? Hmm I will have to experiment. I normally don't put anything I any tea I drink so that'll be interesting haha

[Edit] I've tried the eggnog breakfast tea now haha It's not bad. I'm pleasantly surprised :3

message 41: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Herbert | 29 comments I love Diet Buffalo Rock gingerale and am the only person I know who does! My family thinks it's gross. It's loaded with ginger and has a definite, peppery bite which I adore. Every time I go in the one store that carries it, I buy them out because I'm afraid one day it will be gone for good.

message 42: by T.C. (new)

T.C. Filburn (tcfilburn) | 21 comments I never visit coffee shops. I have no desire to have a mochachocalattewattecoffeewoffee of any kind, and such places never make a decent cup of tea (and are also usually full of the kind of people who squeal with delight at the mere mention of a mochachocalattewattecoffeewoffee, especially with added hazelnut something and marshmallow something else, which I find does not make such places good places to be). I only ever actually write at home - although I say it myself, I make quite a good cup of tea.

I will confess to doing much of my pre-writing thinking in the pub, though - you can't beat a proper pint (or two) of ale, purely for brain lubrication purposes, of course!

message 43: by Bisky (new)

@Debbie there is a tropical drink in the country where i live that tastes like 90s sunny d! I rarely find it but when i do i buy as much as i can carry! The new stuff is horrid.

@T.C you'd go to the coffee shops if you knew the cost of a friggin pint here lol

P.s im on my ipad and it's a being irritating and not converting i

message 44: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Herbert | 29 comments @Bisky When you like something -- keep a stash! LOL

message 45: by Nicole (new)

I'm allergic to something they put in Sunny D, but I have no idea what =/ And it's like the only allergy I have haha I suspect its a food coloring or flavoring I guess, but can't pinpoint which or what. But the taste is also crap so win win for me lol
I agree with Debbie, stash up! lol

message 46: by Bisky (new)

In most of europe werid additives are banned, the uk doesnt ban all of them though, i cant eat red coloured things in the Uk, cherryade etc but I can here :3

message 47: by Nicole (new)

I wish we had more regulations here xp

message 48: by J (new)

J | 301 comments Mod
Sunny D used to taste better in the past. xD I learned in biology class that Europe bans genetically modified crops---unlike the U.S. :/ - so yeah we could use more regulations. xD

My favorite coffee drink is either Starbucks Italian Roast or Espresso Roast. I tried their Holiday Espresso roast, and that was amazing. Basically I just like black bold coffee with sugar added to it. :3

message 49: by Carl (new)

Carl | 424 comments Macchiato.

message 50: by Carl (new)

Carl | 424 comments Harmony, how's this for a title?

Sober For the Edits

« previous 1