Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Blood Burn
This topic is about Blood Burn
Questions > What Is This? My Book, Stolen?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.E. (last edited Nov 23, 2013 10:50AM) (new)

J.E. Fletcher (jefletcher) | 3 comments My book is listed with the following person as author along with me and a different publisher. The description is the same as mine. I don't know if they are trying to sell pirated copies yet. Can the false listing be removed? The link below is to the pirating author's page.

*link removed by OP*

Nucking Futs the Fire Fairy Book-a-holic (firefairyholic) | 348 comments I've changed the author's name to yours and combined it to the book's main entry. But i made a note asking the sups to delete the entry because it's a duplicate.

message 3: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments After a good look at this particular record, it was added by an automatic import (Onix Ingram), not by any other author. This import has had some issues lately.
No one is pirating your book, just a snafu from Ingram.

I'd recommend going ahead and removing the link to the author in your original post, J.E., as the PTB don't like calling specific users out and linking to their profiles.

message 4: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments It looks like this information is propagating with onix ingram, which is a book supplier feed. Sometimes errors do get into that feed.

Chelssie, please be careful when editing editions. Those look like valid ISBNs and there's no reason to remove them; the book was clearly published with those ISBNs and is in fact still for sale at Smashwords that way.

message 5: by Nucking Futs the Fire Fairy (last edited Nov 23, 2013 10:37AM) (new)

Nucking Futs the Fire Fairy Book-a-holic (firefairyholic) | 348 comments My mistake and I apologize. I thought it was really some random member trying to make some trouble. Since je mentioned that it has the wrong publisher i jumped to the conclusion that the Isbns were also incorrect. >.< please correct it if you can

message 6: by J.E. (last edited Nov 23, 2013 10:52AM) (new)

J.E. Fletcher (jefletcher) | 3 comments That's weird, I don't see why it would combine the other author with me. It even listed another publisher.

I apologize, I had no idea this could occur and I'm sorry for causing a ruckus - I should have just linked to the listing, not the author page.

THANK YOU!

message 7: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments J.E., thank *you* for pointing out the error. As it happens, this import has done this several times recently (I have seen a couple other threads with this exact same issue). I've also contacted Goodreads support to ask if something has changed with the import recently since there seems to be an uptick in these errors with this particular import.

message 8: by J.E. (new)

J.E. Fletcher (jefletcher) | 3 comments I appreciate it and the quick response. The combining of my book with the other editions helped me a lot, as all reviews and to-reads are showing up on all editions.

I'll write my publisher so they know all is well.