The Page Turners discussion

Revive a Dead Thread > Mockingjay Movie

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (new)

Olivia McCloskey (brewingupbooks) | 2470 comments Mod
Are you excited for the release of the final movie? Are you dreading it? Are you indifferent?

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate ✨ is a dreamer I'm curious to see what they do w it?
Hated the book tho

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia McCloskey (brewingupbooks) | 2470 comments Mod
I wasn't a huge fan of the books either. I think this movie is going to be a challenge for them to pull off, considering the large number of characters that are introduced and the presence of a few gory scenes.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate ✨ is a dreamer My thoughts exactly

message 5: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin I'm hoping the movie will be as good as Hunger Games and Catching Fire. And i agree, Mocking Jay will definitely be the most difficult to make into a movie. I'm still really excited to see it! And I think I heard somewhere that Mocking jay will be a two part film like Harry Potter and Breaking Dawn.

message 6: by Becka (new)

Becka (becka_anne) I think the gory scenes may well go the same way as those in CF - Kind of skipped over so the movies can keep their low age rating (12A in the UK).

All the new characters will be interesting though.

I imagine they will split it into two movies - Double the money for the film-makers!

message 7: by Mpiggy (new)

Mpiggy Yeah, Mockingjay will be the hardest to make, I agree. All the visual effects with the creatures, such as the mutated dogs again, and a lot of different sets. I can also see it as being a two part movie, Mockingjay has a lot of excitement packed into it though it's not much thicker than the others, if at all. I, as well, am interested to meet the new characters, especially Coin. Also, I'm pretty eager to see Peeta when he's brainwashed, it'll be cool to see Josh act as a different kind of character. For the gory scenes, if they skim over it, I hope they don't really rush the scene of where it happens at least. Other than that, I'm really excited for the movie!

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) The first half was very well-done, and I am looking forward to seeing what they do with the second this winter. :)