The Page Turners discussion

Revive a Dead Thread > Hunger Games vs. Catching Fire Movie

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (new)

Olivia McCloskey (brewingupbooks) | 2470 comments Mod
Which did you think was better? Did you enjoy both of them? Neither of them?

message 2: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin I definitely enjoyed both movies, but I think I liked Cathing Fire better. It was very well done and I really enjoyed it! I like how they added what the game makers were doing and thinking throughout both Hunger Games and Cathing Fire. Hopefully Mocking Jay is just as great as the first two!!!!

message 3: by Becka (new)

Becka (becka_anne) I have to say I enjoyed the first movie more than the second. With the second one I went along with my partner and he had lots of questions - I didn't really feel like Catching Fire made sense unless you had read the books. I know a few other people have mentioned this also. I don't know if anyone else feels the same?

message 4: by Mpiggy (new)

Mpiggy I think I agree with you. I think Catching Fire is harder to follow along if you haven't read the books. Of you have read the books, you'll know everything that's going to happen (like me, nudging my friend (who hadn't read the books) whenever something intense or exciting was going to happen). But I'm not sure which movie I like better. I thought there was going to be more at the end of Catching Fire, I haven't read the books in a while so I couldn't remember how it ended compared to the movie. I feel like Hunger Games was longer, maybe because at the beginning before the games, it seemed more drawn out than the beginning of Catching Fire.

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 1 comments Honestly liked the first movie better than the second, the first movie made the story line clearer, even by reading the books, the second movie tho being close to the book, i beleive it was just a sloppy movie. I thought it was painful to watch

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) "Catching Fire."

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer R. | 26 comments Loved them both, but I must say that Catching Fire was my favorite book of the series and it's also my favorite movie of them all so far.