Editio Self-Publishing discussion

The Exes in My iPod: A Playlist of the Men Who Rocked Me to Wine Country
This topic is about The Exes in My iPod
Self-Promotion Questions > Is BookBub worth the cost?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Mattson (theexesinmyipod) | 4 comments I just discovered BookBub and was considering a submission. Then I found out that it will cost me like $500--to sell a book at half the price. Is it really worth it? Or, is BookBub only worth it if you list the book for free for a couple of days?
And, if Amazon doesn't allow discounts on indie published Kindle books, then how is BookBub offering your book for a discount on platforms like Kindle?

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Hebler (mhebler) | 8 comments Great question. I would like to hear somebody's experience with BookBub as well. Thank you.

message 3: by John (new)

John Logan (johnaalogan) | 76 comments I've done some posts about Bookbub results in my author thread over in the Promote Yourself Here section of this group.

Lisa asked me about this over there, and I left a reply:

I did 3 Bookbub promotions this year, Lisa.
If you look up-page, June 14 I left a post here, "My Bookbub Experiment" detailing the results of the first one, 50000 downloads and $1800 profit after I'd paid for the ad.

From my 3rd "Bookbub Experiment" post:

"After two successful Bookbub promotions for The Survival of Thomas Ford earlier this year, which resulted in 70000 free downloads, and a combined profit of $2300 from 1300 Amazon sales/borrows when the book returned to its $2.99 price (followed up by 100 new Amazon reviews), I decided to reinvest a little of this profit in a third Bookbub promotion."

Hope that helps.

message 4: by Bri (new)

Bri  | 1 comments there is a great post on kbboards that make me come to the conclusion that yes its worth it. of course its better if you have a series because other books are bought full price and people want more of your stuff if they like whatever book you discounted or gave free. People also seem to jumpstart their B&N sales that didnt have them before.