Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Cell
This topic is about Cell
Book Issues > Publisher confusion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by xGvJx (new) - added it

xGvJx | 4 comments My copy of Cell by Stephen King has ISBN 0340922745 and is published by Hodder. I found an edition with that ISBN number, with the correct cover and number of pages, but with Pocket Star listed as publisher. Should I change it to Hodder, or could there be another reason for this discrepancy? It seems to be one of the most popular editions of the book.

message 2: by Experiment BL626 (last edited Nov 23, 2013 09:03AM) (new)

Experiment BL626 | 358 comments Change it. The info came from onix firebrand database, not a user, and sometime the database has things wrong.

Experiment BL626 | 358 comments Sorry. I changed it back. I went to the bookstore today, and found the book *is* published by Pocket Star. Now, I'm rereading your comment again, and see that I have misread it.

The edition, ISBN 0340922745, you're looking for is this: Cell by Stephen King , which has a different cover. I believe the answer here would be to make an alternative cover edition.

message 4: by xGvJx (new) - added it

xGvJx | 4 comments I see, even though my cover is indeed the orange one? The cover in my post is for the default versjon of the book, which was added automatically when I searched for it. I'm new as a librarian, didn't know how to link to a particular edition.

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin (ukamerican) | 106 comments xGvJx wrote: "I see, even though my cover is indeed the orange one? The cover in my post is for the default versjon of the book, which was added automatically when I searched for it. I'm new as a librarian, didn..."

No, if the cover is the same, there's no need to add an alternate cover edition.

To link to a specific edition, just search for the ISBN rather than the title of the book.

message 6: by xGvJx (new) - added it

xGvJx | 4 comments I see, thanks! :) (should have thought of that)

So, we have one edition published by two different publishers. Is there a good way to indicate this, or should we just let Pocket Star stay there by itself, as it was there first?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Cell (other topics)