Book Lovers in Missouri discussion

iMplants
This topic is about iMplants
It started in Springfield, Missouri...

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bill (last edited Nov 23, 2013 08:33AM) (new) - added it

Bill Habeeb (billyha) | 5 comments I wanted to invite all of you to participate in a giveaway of "iMplants."
https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

The story is set in Springfield, Mo., where I lived and attended college. It's in the genre of YA / Suspense, and borrows from some of the actual but bizarre events that I experienced while living in and around that area of Southern Missouri.

If you'd like to check it out sooner, it's available on Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/iMplants-Bill-H...

Bill

message 2: by Bill (last edited Dec 02, 2013 03:59PM) (new) - added it

Bill Habeeb (billyha) | 5 comments FREE Kindle Copies of my book "iMplants" will be available (at the link below) for one day beginning and ending Wednesday, December 4th. I'm announcing this promotion to a few select groups and wanted to make sure I included all you Book Lovers in Missouri.
If you read it and enjoy it, please consider leaving a review.
Bill
http://www.amazon.com/iMplants-Bill-H...

Christie (cbilbo) | 6 comments Hello, I live in Half Way, MO. Is this an active reading group?

message 4: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill Habeeb (billyha) | 5 comments Hey Christie,
I hope people are still active. I posted a giveaway of my book a while back, but I'm not sure if anyone in the group saw it.
It's set in Southern Missouri, so I was hoping to get it in the hands of people from my home state.
bill

Christie (cbilbo) | 6 comments Sorry that I missed your book. I would love to get some people together and form a book group. I live 30 min North of Springfield. It doesn't need to be a group that meets in person, but if others are willing or interested I'm up for it. Otherwise, I would love to use goodreads as the meeting spot. If anyone is interested, let me know.

message 6: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill Habeeb (billyha) | 5 comments I'm up for it. I've moved to L.A.
And... I'd be happy to gift you an ebook for Kindle. It's a self-published book, and I"m trying to get it out to people who would be interested in reading it and possibly posting a review. If you're interested let me know. I could email it to you via Amazon.
Bill

Christie (cbilbo) | 6 comments I would love to read your book. My private email is cbilbo@windstream.net. Where did you live when you were here?

message 8: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill Habeeb (billyha) | 5 comments I lived in Springfield and a lot of Southern Missouri worked itself into the story.
I went to SMS (now MSU). That's where I took my first writing class. By coincidence I recently found out that the person who taught that class lives not far from me in Pasadena.
I'm sending you an ebook. Hope you enjoy it. It's written for a YA audience, but I think it has a crossover appeal. Let me know if you like it.
bill

Christie (cbilbo) | 6 comments Bill wrote: "I lived in Springfield and a lot of Southern Missouri worked itself into the story.
I went to SMS (now MSU). That's where I took my first writing class. By coincidence I recently found out that th..."

Just downloaded the book to my kindle. I'll be starting on it later today. Thanks

message 10: by Joshua (new)

Joshua | 3 comments Looking for an active reading group. I just moved back to the area after ten years and am looking for a few friends. I'm an avid reader and constantly have a book. I'm in graduate school, married, a little daughter too.

message 11: by Joshua (new)

Joshua | 3 comments Looking for an active reading group. I just moved back to the area after ten years and am looking for a few friends. I'm an avid reader and constantly have a book. I'm in graduate school, married, a little daughter too.

Christie (cbilbo) | 6 comments I don't know how active this group is. I just joined the other day. I've been eating to join a group as well. As I previously stated, I don't mind using goodreads as a meeting place. I think it would be cool to actually meet from time to time. I'm live on a farm, so any chance to socialize with someone other than our cows and my 3 dogs would make me happy.

message 13: by Crystal (last edited Mar 25, 2014 09:34AM) (new)

Crystal | 4 comments Hello All! If you are looking for an inspirational story that is true, click on the link below!
My book is called "Peace in an Unlikely Place" and it is available through CreateSpace, Amazon, and Kindle. Enjoy! You can look it up on Amazon and read other reviews from people! Thanks!

https://www.createspace.com/4691190?r...

Lis Ann - The Indigo Quill (theindigoquill) Are you all in Springfield? We should have a readers shindig.

message 15: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 4 comments Yes I am in Springfield!! :)

Christie (cbilbo) | 6 comments I live in Half Way. I would love to do something.

message 17: by Molly (new)

Molly (mruyle) | 2 comments I live in Springfield also

message 18: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 7 comments I live in Springfield as well.

message 19: by Crystal (last edited Apr 27, 2014 07:46PM) (new)

Crystal | 4 comments I promise you will absolutely love this book and will not regret reading it!

Just take a moment to look at the reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Peace-Unlikely-...

message 20: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kwillpen) | 10 comments I live here as well.