The Next Best Book Club discussion

Book Related Banter > New Book Deals Website

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina | 3 comments Hi all! I just wanted to quickly let you know about a website that may be of interest to the group. I launched www.discountbooksdaily.com with a team that's been working for years in the publishing and technology industries. Discount Books Daily is a daily curated email that finds deals based on a subscriber's selected reading preferences. We're different from other newsletter services because we not only feature ebooks but also audiobooks and paperback books. It's free to sign up for our daily emails and you can unsubscribe anytime.

Thanks Lori for allowing me to post to the group. I really feel the site could be beneficial to voracious readers. Feel free to leave your feedback here.

message 2: by Saf (new)

Saf  (saph95) Is it only available for the US?

message 3: by Tina (new)

Tina | 3 comments Hi Annie, all the deals we find are curated from websites like Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Audible and Downpour, so it depends on those retailers' shipping policies.

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10089 comments Mod
Hi Tina, I signed up. I'll let you know what I think once the emails start filtering over. I'm a tough sale when it comes to books - I'm a small presser all the way. Do you guys capture deals with the small guys too, or just the big 5?

message 5: by Tina (new)

Tina | 3 comments Hi Lori! Looking forward to your feedback. We don't discriminate when it comes to the offers we find, as long as they pass our editorial guidelines and have decent reviews that look independent. There are other email services out there but in my personal research, I noticed they all focused on ebooks. I wanted to create a service that also highlights good deals on paperback books and audiobooks because I know not everyone enjoys reading ebooks. My hunch has been validated in seeing that many of our subscribers are also signing up for paperback deals and audiobook deals. That said, we are still in our beginning stages. We plan on breaking down our main interest categories into specific sub-genres to really tailor to a readers's preference as we grow. All in due time :)