Last Chance Book Club discussion

Discussions > Welcome To Last Chance

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) This is where we will discuss Welcome to Last Chance.

message 2: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments How are we going to start this off?

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Everyone will start reading on December 1st. I've been working on a blurb to post about how things will work. I will post this the day before and send reminder emails to the group. If you have any more questions after that please don't hesitate to ask.

message 4: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments Wishing you all a very happy & blessed Thanksgiving~~

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) We will read from December 1st through December 31st. We will hold a group discussion the first full week of January.

I have a poll up now asking where everyone would like the end of the month discussion to be held. Please take a moment to vote between December 1st and December 15th. There will be a poll starting December 16th through December 30th asking about the group discussion which will be during the first full week of January. Please be thinking about this as the poll date gets closer.

Use this thread to discuss anything you would like about Welcome to Last Chance as you read it. Talk about the characters, your feelings, the writing style, etc.

Everyone who participates will earn points. You can participate by voting in the polls, commenting, discussing, asking questions, etc. in this thread and participating in the group discussion. There will be three winners. 1st place gets a $15 gift card, 2nd place gets a $10 gift card and 3rd place gets a $5 gift card.

This is the first time I've done anything like this so we'll learn together using trial and error.

If you have any input, please don't hesitate to private message me.

message 6: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments OK, thanks! This is a reread for me. So, as we read it, we make comments, rather than waiting for the end? I usually read a book in 2-3 days & I have lots of other TBR, so wondering if I should space it out & read bits in between, while reading my other books?

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) I'll keep you suggestion in mind Belinda.

Sharlene, yes you can make comments here as you read. I want everyone to be active and share their thoughts. However you choose to read it is up to you....whatever works best for you.

message 8: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments I think here on Goodreads would be the better choice since Hope already has her Last Chance page on Facebook.

message 9: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments I started reading it last night & already got my first cry, reading about Clay crying. :(

message 10: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Ok, I finished it. Got a few more cries in before the HEA. Lots of action near the end!

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Glad you enjoyed it again Sharlene. How is everyone else coming along?

message 12: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments It is a busy month for people, I guess!

message 13: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments I think so Ashley you might need to extend the reading on Welcome to last Chance for everyone to get on board, just a thought.

message 14: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments LOL! I may have to read it again to refresh my memory. There will be a few books in between.;0

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Would everyone just prefer to hold off until January? Maybe when everyone has more time.

message 16: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Either way is fine with me!

message 17: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments Works for me:)

message 18: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Since it seems we're the only three active right now, and we're all pretty much in agreement, we will wait and have the read along in January.

message 19: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments OK. Keep us posted. Thanks!

message 20: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 6 comments Just finished rereading it. I think waiting till January might be good bucause of the busy holidays.
Glad I reread it there were parts I had forgotten.

message 21: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Yes, Lisa. I had read this when it first came out & then maybe once after that, but this definitely refreshed my memory.

message 22: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Yea....I wasn't really thinking about the holidays when I first decided to do it. Glad you enjoyed it again Lisa.

message 23: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments I want to get to Last Chance Knit & Stitch soon. I am trying to read all of my Christmas books before Christmas! (and get the tree up & the cards out. LOL!)

message 24: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) I've been wanting to read K&S too but I've been focusing on the books I've had for awhile first. I think my books are getting together and multiplying on my shelves, lol.

message 25: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Oh, Ashley! I can relate! I have some TBR's from when Border's was going out of business. That was quite awhile ago!

message 26: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Remember, we will be reading this starting January 1st.

message 27: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments Okie Dokie:)
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, I just worn out myself.

message 28: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Great! I finished, but you never know, I could read it again. LOL! Are you planning on going through the whole series?

message 29: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) I'm worn out too Belinda. I think I've had about 12 hours of sleep this whole week, lol.

I am planning on going through the whole series Sharlene. I didn't want to start with the newest edition as I wanted to give everyone plenty of time to get it. I haven't decided what we'll do once we finish with them all but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

message 30: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments OK, sounds good! I would love to reread all & still haven't gotten to the last one. Got caught up in Christmas books! :)

message 31: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) I snuck a couple of Christmas books in at the beginning of the month but then I got so busy. I think I've been trying to finish the same one for a week now and haven't gotten but a chapter in. Hopefully with the holidays over and now that I can catch up on my sleep I can catch up on my reading too.

message 32: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Sleep & reading are important! :)