YA Addicts discussion

24 views
Books > Surprise

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joi (new)

Joi | 137 comments Mod
Is there any book that you thought that you would not enjoy based on the cover or description, or any other reason; but in the end you enjoyed it immensely?


message 2: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (izzybookholics) | 438 comments Obsidian!!! LOVE!!!!!! But I didn't like the book cover and it put me off it for awhile! But I'm SOO glad I read it!!!!!!!!!!


message 3: by Joi (new)

Joi | 137 comments Mod
I felt this way when I read the Selection. It just didn't seem like my type of book, but I finished it SOOOO fast....and loved it.


message 4: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 1178 comments i was quite surprised with Divergent :D Didn't know it was gonna be this good


message 5: by Erica (new)

Erica (ericaevernight) The hunger games..... it took me a year to pick it up, and I was a gonnar when I read catching fire


message 6: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (izzybookholics) | 438 comments Joi wrote: "I felt this way when I read the Selection. It just didn't seem like my type of book, but I finished it SOOOO fast....and loved it."

Oh really? I wasn't sure if I should read it!! :D


message 7: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 1178 comments The Selection is hilarious XD but the main character is kinda shallow..and the triangle is sooo obvious.


message 8: by Izzy (last edited Nov 22, 2013 11:31PM) (new)

Izzy (izzybookholics) | 438 comments Huh......I might read it eventually........got SOO many books to read tho!! XD


message 9: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 1178 comments lol same here!! XD SO many books I'm dying to read :D


message 10: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (izzybookholics) | 438 comments Yeahh, plus I've got challenges and stuff!!!


message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) You're so right, Cass. America Singer is so annoying and infuriating!! We all know it's Maxamers for the win <3 It stinks that Kiera Cass is gonna make us cough off $20 for a 350 pg book tho.


message 12: by Tia (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) That's why you get it from the library!! XD


message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) I was really surprised with Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I thought I'd hate it, but I didn't! It was great, much better than I expected


message 14: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 1178 comments I don't have a library :( all my moneyyy XD


message 15: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 1178 comments Miss Perfection™ (Rachel) wrote: "You're so right, Cass. America Singer is so annoying and infuriating!! We all know it's Maxamers for the win <3 It stinks that Kiera Cass is gonna make us cough off $20 for a 350 pg book tho."

I don't like her name :/ America Singer. And she sings XD


message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Or download it from the web XD


message 17: by Tia (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) That sucks Cassie!


message 18: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Same that bugged me too Cass.


message 19: by Joi (new)

Joi | 137 comments Mod
Miss Oddball (Shadowraith's Apprentice) wrote: "i was quite surprised with Divergent :D Didn't know it was gonna be this good"

I agree. It took me so long to pick it up, but I actually liked Divergent.


message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Have you read The Elite? I wanted to stab all of the characters in that book for their stupidity and annoyance.


message 21: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (izzybookholics) | 438 comments Hehe.........I just get books from the library!!


message 22: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 1178 comments LittleMissJunior(Tia) wrote: "That sucks Cassie!"

I knoww! :(


message 23: by Joi (new)

Joi | 137 comments Mod
America is annoying, but.....I just couldn't put the book down.


message 24: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 1178 comments Miss Perfection™ (Rachel) wrote: "Have you read The Elite? I wanted to stab all of the characters in that book for their stupidity and annoyance."

Agreed. America the most. *stabs America* xD


message 25: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Same Joi, as frustrating as these characters are, as simplistic as the writing is, I still couldn't stop reading them. I finished both books each in one sitting :)


message 26: by Joi (new)

Joi | 137 comments Mod
Miss Oddball (Shadowraith's Apprentice) wrote: "Miss Perfection™ (Rachel) wrote: "Have you read The Elite? I wanted to stab all of the characters in that book for their stupidity and annoyance."

Agreed. America the most. *stabs America* xD"


I agree.


message 27: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (izzybookholics) | 438 comments Miss Perfection™ (Rachel) wrote: "Or download it from the web XD"

Ohh, yeah!! XD


message 28: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Or just ask Lya XD


message 29: by Joi (new)

Joi | 137 comments Mod
it'll be on YT eventually


message 30: by Tia (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) Haha Rachel XD


message 31: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 1178 comments Miss Perfection™ (Rachel) wrote: "Same Joi, as frustrating as these characters are, as simplistic as the writing is, I still couldn't stop reading them. I finished both books each in one sitting :)"

hehe I finished them real quick too. Mostly for the humour XD the characters and storyline weren't that good :(


message 32: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 1178 comments Miss Perfection™ (Rachel) wrote: "Or just ask Lya XD"

hahaha XD


message 33: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 1178 comments MissBloodsucker™ (shadowraith) wrote: "Hehe.........I just get books from the library!!"

:/ *envious look* XP


message 34: by Joi (new)

Joi | 137 comments Mod
Miss Perfection™ (Rachel) wrote: "Same Joi, as frustrating as these characters are, as simplistic as the writing is, I still couldn't stop reading them. I finished both books each in one sitting :)"

exactly. this is a book that made me talk to the characters out loud.


message 35: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (izzybookholics) | 438 comments Miss Oddball (Shadowraith's Apprentice) wrote: "MissBloodsucker™ (shadowraith) wrote: "Hehe.........I just get books from the library!!"

:/ *envious look* XP"


lol ;D


back to top