Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Manahil Okay, is it just me, or was the movie better than the book? I absolutely LOVED it!!!

Alicia Not just you… I thought the same. I saw it last night and was telling my sister the same thing this morning. As a prolific reader of books made into films, I have never opined to think that a film adaptation is ever on par with the book. However, I must say that Catching Fire is the first exception. Although some parts from the book were not in the film, the parts that were in the film were superbly done--- the script, acting and directing in this film surpassed The Hunger Games.

Owaiz I don't think it was better than the book or even on the same level. But it was good.

message 4: by Manahil (last edited Nov 23, 2013 12:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Manahil Allie wrote: "Not just you… I thought the same. I saw it last night and was telling my sister the same thing this morning. As a prolific reader of books made into films, I have never opined to think that a film ..."

I totally agree!!! It would have to be an insane movie, and it was, to be better than the book. This was the first time this happened. I cried five times, and bawled my eyes out, and didn't stop when they killed Cinna. :( They beat him up sooo bad, and I just died. I wasn't even breathing anymore.

message 5: by Manahil (last edited Nov 23, 2013 01:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Manahil I loved the whole movie sooo much!!! It was my favorite book out of the three,and was pretty nervous about watching it at first, but it was amzing. I loved the scene with Johanna in the elevator!!! Katniss' face was so hilarious!!!

Aline OMG ...I loved it...I think they covered almost everything. Its much better than hunger games. The only think I didn't like its that they left out something that i thougth it was important to make people understand the end better <* theres is a part at book when two girls are passing through district 12 and they tell katniss they are going to district 13, at that time kat think they are kind of crazy, I think with this comment they would let people wandering and it wouldn't be so weird for katniss and for us to know that the 13 district was true at the wnd of the movie. What I felt in a place of a person watching the movie without being spoiled by the book was " what are they talking about? Where didi this 13 district came from?*>. With this being said I have nothing else to complain. Great movie.

Manahil Aline wrote: "OMG ...I loved it...I think they covered almost everything. Its much better than hunger games. The only think I didn't like its that they left out something that i thougth it was important to make..."

I didn't even remember that!!! That's a good point, but other than that, the movie was perfect. Finnick was absolutely adorable!!! I love Sam Claflin!!!

janet Manahil wrote: "Okay, is it just me, or was the movie better than the book? I absolutely LOVED it!!!"

the movie was awesome but the book was better

janet Aline wrote: "OMG ...I loved it...I think they covered almost everything. Its much better than hunger games. The only think I didn't like its that they left out something that i thougth it was important to make..."
yes i knew something was left out!

Nurlely I think the book is awesome and Catching Fire is the best of 3 but I also think that the movie is awesome.

JLaw was so amazing and has successfully taken Katniss character into a higher level. Josh also did interpret Peeta character greatly. I think Liam is just okay.
Others were also great.

Sam as Finnick and Jena as Johanna are fantastic!

Kristen Aline wrote: "OMG ...I loved it...I think they covered almost everything. Its much better than hunger games. The only think I didn't like its that they left out something that i thougth it was important to make..."

Yeah, I thought they should have said a little more about district 13 too, but I think it was enough for people to follow since Snow said something about how they destroyed it when he was threatening Katniss.

Kristen Nurlely wrote: "I think the book is awesome and Catching Fire is the best of 3 but I also think that the movie is awesome.

JLaw was so amazing and has successfully taken Katniss character into a higher level. Jo..."

I'm really interested to see how Josh plays Peeta in the next one. It's gonna be so completely different for him.

Nurlely Kristen wrote: "I'm really interested to see how Josh plays Peeta in the next one. It's gonna be so completely different for him. "

Yep... Me too. It will take another level to play Peeta character after he was captured and through the torture.

Nikita Saw Catching Fire Sunday and it was awesome. A perfect sequel to the first. Francis Lawrence is no Gary Ross but he did a very good job. They got a lot of the book and what was left out was acceptable and what was changed didn't ruin the movie. Everyone involved did an amazing job bringing the characters to life. Jennifer and Josh were great. Sam as Finnick and Jena as Johanna were amazing.

I will be seeing this again in the near future and I am so looking forward to Mockingjay.

Bianca The movie was much better. They elaborated the good parts of the books, and got rid of all the boring junk.

Shaye I thought the movie was great but not better than the book. There was alot more depth to the characters in the book. I also felt like the connection between Katniss and Peeta was stronger in the book. Her feelings for him really developed in the second book and I didn't really see the progression on screen.

Colleen The movies definitely add to the books IMHO.

message 18: by Kaya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kaya MOVIE WSA SOOOO GOOD I WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN. GAH I'M SO GLAD THEY DIDN'T SCREW IT UP. YES FRANCIS LAWRENCE. (i think that's the directors name)

Nicole Buys I can't say it was as good as the books, manly because I like reading books a lot more than watching movies, but it was damn close. When I saw it I was like OMG how did they break in to my head! This is F***ing amazing! Francis Lawrence YOU ARE MY HERO. the cinematography was unbelievably well thought through (especially in the arena). and OMG the new cast was perfect. I mean come on Sam Claflin, jeffrey Whright, jena malona and Philip Seymour Hoffman. Liam, jennifer and Josh were awesome as usual.

message 20: by Hai (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hai One part I kind of wanted to see was when Katniss and Peeta are reviewing old tributes and they watch the one with Haymitch in it.

http://bit.ly/1hnN414

saw this a few years back, when "Hunger Games" came out. I thought it was fantastic.

Nicole Buys Hai wrote: "One part I kind of wanted to see was when Katniss and Peeta are reviewing old tributes and they watch the one with Haymitch in it.

http://bit.ly/1hnN414

saw this a few years back, when "Hunger Ga..."

I totally remember that video.

Btw Haymitch's games were cut because of time, but maybe we can see it in deleted scenes when the dvd comes out.