Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

Film Scoring*

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chris Cortes Catching fire movie was incredibly great, I would not debate. My problem is the film scoring. In my opinion, the scoring fell a little off from the movie. It does not contribute well on some powerful scenes of the film. But yeah luckily there's J.Law acting that really stands out the most. (And Elizabeth Banks by the way is also outstanding!) Thoughts?

Owaiz Jennifer's acting was absolutely amazing.

∞ Theresa I loved Finnick. I thought he was portrayed very well and he was just how I imagined him. Team FINNICK!

Chris Cortes Aalia wrote: "I don't know if it's Hutcherson's fault but Peeta's character always seems to be undermined."

I agree. The lack of chemistry seems to be also a problem. I cannot connect with their emotion! Also, Hutcherson and Hemsworth need to catch-up and work hard to be at par with the acting of J.Law! That's a very tough one but is not impossible!

Zhanaestilinski I think that disconnect is purposefully executed. Or at least I hope it is because it wouldn't make sense for them to be so close in real life and then for it not to translate on screen. Katniss and Peeta were basically thrown together and forced to play house under the capitol's pressuring. There's still some tension and indifference there like Snow pointed out in the beginning

message 6: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml I think the problem is Jen and Josh are great friends...but that's it. They're just friends. There's more chemistry between her and Liam. It should be the reverse.

message 7: by B. (new) - rated it 5 stars

B. Allyson There is supposed to be more chemistry between gale and katniss because they are actually in love. Katniss doesn't love peeta the way he loves her, so i think that is executed very well!!!!

Owaiz Aalia wrote: "Really, Gale should have been given some more importance. Katniss and Gale should have kissed."

They did kiss in the movie. Twice, I think.

Misty Owaiz wrote: "Aalia wrote: "Really, Gale should have been given some more importance. Katniss and Gale should have kissed."

They did kiss in the movie. Twice, I think."

Just got home from the movie it was Three times and I loved the movie so much...

Owaiz Misty wrote: "Owaiz wrote: "Aalia wrote: "Really, Gale should have been given some more importance. Katniss and Gale should have kissed."

Just got home from the mov..."

Couldn't tell since it was cut from the movie here. Go Muslims! lol

But yes, absolutely amazing.

message 11: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml Katniss doesn't love Gale as anything more than a friend.

janet they kissed 2 time i thought it was only one in the book

Nurlely JLaw is absolutely awesome!
Finnick is awesome too. And Jena as Johanna is amazing!

message 14: by Vick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vick Owaiz wrote: "Aalia wrote: "Really, Gale should have been given some more importance. Katniss and Gale should have kissed."

Three times, actually.

Gracie Twidale Yessss I loved the movie!!! But I hated that in the book Katniss and Gale only kissed twice, and in the movie they kissed three times!! BLAHHH <3 Peeniss forever <3

message 16: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha I was thinking of naming the ship 'Katta', i mean its better than the alternative :P