IGGPPC : Iggle BookWorms discussion

Book Suggestions > December Book Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) So, it's almost time for our December book club pick....but I thought I would post this early, to see if we could get more suggestions! Last month, I was the only one to suggest. I know you guys have books you want to read! As long as they're in the suggested theme, we'll put them on the list, so don't be shy! Heck, send us a list of 5 choices if you want.
So, Michelle told me she had planned on this month's topic being graphic novels, which I love, because I've been trying to read more lately. Let the suggestions come flying in, my fellow Iggles(preferably through the owl post)! ;) We'll pick out suggestions on Thursday November 27, then I'll start a poll.

Badschnoodles Genevieve (badschnoodles) | 89 comments I won't suggest any of the Sandman series as I think they're better read in series rather than stand alone, but here's my list...

Preacher: Gone to Texas
Hawkeye: My life as a weapon
Starman: Sins of the father
Midnight Nation
Fray
Blankets
Powers: Who Killed Retro Girl
Hellblazer: Original Sins
Violent Cases

I could go on...;)

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) Lots of great suggestions!! I'm going to add in mine: Black Hole, Fables, Astonishing X-Men, Ghost World, and Saga.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments I am going to suggest:
The Sandman Volume 1 by Neil Gaiman. First 8 issues of the series.
Serenity: The Shepherd's Tale for all the Firefly Fans.

I second Elizabeth's suggestion fo Fables!

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) Obviously Fables is going to be a choice!

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie | 45 comments R.O.D.: Read or Die
Library Wars: love and war
Hatter M

message 7: by Akemi (new)

Akemi | 2 comments On Basilisc station by David Weber