The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Recommendations!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ Hi, I'd really like some recommendations. I am running out of books to read. I love YA paranormal, YA fantasy, and YA dystopian. No books like Unwind, please--I don't mind dark books but don't like concepts like that. I also don't like petty books or contemporary books (unless, of course, it's The Fault in Our Stars--the only contemporary book I've ever liked).

I am currently reading:
The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Partials (Partials, #1) by Dan Wells

Some of my favourite books are:
Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Thirst No. 1 The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice (Thirst, #1) by Christopher Pike Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Dark Visions (Dark Visions, #1-3) by L.J. Smith Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi

Aline Go to my favorite list and you may find something. ..we have a lot of books in common.

message 3: by ☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ (last edited Nov 22, 2013 06:18PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ Aline wrote: "Go to my favorite list and you may find something. ..we have a lot of books in common."

Hmm... Reboot sounds good!

message 4: by Izzy (last edited Nov 25, 2013 03:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Izzy Although they're currently on my bookshelf I haven't read them but based on what you've read, these may interest you:

YA Fantasy

The Girl with Glass Feet by Ali Shaw The Poison Throne (Moorehawke Trilogy, #1) by Celine Kiernan Advent (Advent Trilogy #1) by James Treadwell Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder

YA Paranormal Romance

Insatiable (Insatiable, #1) by Meg Cabot Kissed by an Angel (Kissed by an Angel, #1-3) by Elizabeth Chandler Blood Magic (The Blood Journals, #1) by Tessa Gratton The Iron Witch (The Iron Witch, #1) by Karen Mahoney The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Also on my bookshelf, it sounds as if these are YA dystopian:

Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano The Declaration (The Declaration, #1) by Gemma Malley The Enemy (The Enemy #1) by Charlie Higson Entangled by Cat Clarke

It's also worth looking at authors who normally write for adults. More and more of them are starting to write Young Adult novels and it seems like they're going well.

Gena Showalter
Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter Intertwined (Intertwined, #1) by Gena Showalter

Carrie Vaughn
Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn

Hopefully there is something in there that you may like the sound of.

Saf Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) by Kerstin Gier The Declaration (The Declaration, #1) by Gemma Malley The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass

check out my blog for more books!
http://originalbooker.blogspot.co.uk

Megan I love Obsidian and The Darkest Powers trilogy! TMI and Divergent were good too. We have a lot of books in common from what I can tell.

You may enjoy these
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Firespell (Dark Elite, #1) by Chloe Neill Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine

If you end up liking The Raven Boys, you should try The Scorpio Races by the same author. I really liked it. But, of course, I'm a Scorpio so I may be a bit biased. Lol

Nikita Try these
Angelfall by Susan Ee Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee
The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa
Soul Seekers by Alyson Noel Fated (Soul Seekers, #1) by Alyson Noel