Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Should Short Stories Be Added?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lana (new)

Lana Axe (lana_axe) It seems someone has added one of my short stories to goodreads. It's only about a thousand words, so I didn't think it was worth bothering. I just wanted to make sure it actually belongs on goodreads. It isn't a book, it's just a story I wrote many years ago. Thanks!

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Parry (kathrynmorgan-parry) | 26 comments Sure.... You can add it on your home page or as a short story. If film reviews count why not short novelettes

message 3: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Lana,

I am assuming you are referring to Memoirs of a Sorcerer. If so, then yes, it has been published and therefore is eligible for cataloguing on Goodreads.

message 4: by Lana (new)

Lana Axe (lana_axe) Ok, thanks!

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Kathryn wrote: "Sure.... You can add it on your home page or as a short story. If film reviews count why not short novelettes"

The guidelines that apply to individual users' reviews and to what items belong in the database are not the same. You appear to be confusing them. The former are not something librarians have anything to do with.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i am not able to add my story...can u please help me in adding my story

message 7: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Sweta wrote: "i am not able to add my story...can u please help me in adding my story"

Sweta, if you're trying to add a book to the catalog, the FAQ contains directions:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 8: by Martyn (new)

Martyn Halm (amsterdamassassinseries) | 15 comments I have another question regarding short stories and novels in the same series.

On my author page, only the novels are listed under the series, but the 'Katla KillFile' short stories are part of the same series, except that they aren't numbered. They aren't numbered because they are not chronologically relevant to the novels.

So should they be counted in the series or not?

message 9: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Martyn, they are part of the series -- if you click through they are listed on the series page -- but they are not considered primary works in the series. In the thumbnail view, only the covers of primary works are visible.

message 10: by Martyn (new)

Martyn Halm (amsterdamassassinseries) | 15 comments That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the explanation, Cait!