Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Free Audible.com promotional copies of The Captain's Door -- Coming of age 19th century fantasy/lit

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ciara (new)

Ciara Houghton | 14 comments Hi all!

In order to promote the audiobook release of The Captain's Door, I've been granted some Audible.com review copies, and I'm handing them out. You don't need to be a member to download.

If you think you might be interested in an adventurous coming of age story about a very long-lived girl set in an alternate 19th century, send me a message or post here. I should probably note that although the protagonist appears young, this is not young-adult fiction and will probably be better appreciated by adult readers of both fantasy and literary fiction. When I run out of copies I'll leave a post here in this forum.

Thanks!

And, here's the blurb:
At the helm of a tall ship stands Mina Paradis. She may look young, but Mina's spent a lifetime serving her family and country. Now she's tired, so tired, of following orders and watching her friends grow old and die while she never ages a day.

Desperate to escape the slow suffocation of a circumscribed life, Mina prepares to break the terms of her indenture. Such treason threatens to propel her through an intensely personal struggle to save herself, spare her crew, and face an adolescence long-delayed.

The Captain's Door opens the Mina Paradis series with a unique exploration of obligation and independence set in an alternative 19th century. Fans of character-driven fantasy, like that of Ursula K. Le Guin, will appreciate the slower pace and literary build.

message 2: by Ciara (new)

Ciara Houghton | 14 comments Anyone else?

message 3: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) | 493 comments Yes, please, I would love to listen to it.

message 4: by Ciara (last edited Nov 26, 2013 02:51PM) (new)

Ciara Houghton | 14 comments Hi Shirley, I sent you a code via private message. Happy listening!

message 5: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) | 493 comments Thanks so much.

message 6: by skinmaan (new)

skinmaan | 17 comments I'd be interested in listening to this. It sounds like an interesting title.

message 7: by Ciara (new)

Ciara Houghton | 14 comments Hi Jeff,

I was going to send you a Goodreads message to pass along a redemption code, but I don't think it'll let me because your profile is set to private (message option isn't available on my end). Maybe if you send me a message first, it will let me reply to that message? I'm not certain.

I'm sure we'll figure it out. :)

message 8: by Ciara (new)

Ciara Houghton | 14 comments Thanks for the message Jeff! I sent along the code.

Anyone else? Still more to go. This is fun. :)

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (quiltsrme) | 143 comments I'd love to listen to it. Thanks!

message 10: by Ciara (new)

Ciara Houghton | 14 comments Wonderful. I just sent along a message. Many thanks.

message 11: by Ciara (new)

Ciara Houghton | 14 comments Anyone else? Still more to go.

message 12: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) | 493 comments I listened to it and it was a great read. Will enjoy watching you grow as a writer.

message 13: by Mara (new)

Mara (marapalumbo) | 36 comments It sounds like the kind of fantasy and historical fiction book I enjoy. If you still have credits available I'd love to read it!

message 14: by Ciara (new)

Ciara Houghton | 14 comments Glad to hear it, Mara. Thanks for your interest. There are indeed more left. I just sent along the code via a Goodreads message.

message 15: by Jan (new)

Jan | 436 comments I'd be interested in this too if you still have some available. The combination of historical fiction with some fantasy is my favorite!

message 16: by Ciara (new)

Ciara Houghton | 14 comments Hi, Jan. Same here. I've just sent along a code via a Goodreads message. :)

message 17: by Linda (new)

Linda Baker (omnireader) | 7 comments I would love one if they are still available :)

message 18: by Ciara (new)

Ciara Houghton | 14 comments Of course! Sent along via message.

message 19: by Ann (new)

Ann Correll | 8 comments Please add me to the list if possible, sounds wonderful.

message 20: by Ciara (new)

Ciara Houghton | 14 comments Ann, it is very much possible. Thank you. I just sent along a message.

That's seven thus far, so I have a few more available for Goodreads listeners. Anyone else?

message 21: by Holly (new)

Holly Booms Walsh (withherownwings) | 165 comments This sounds great - send me a code?

message 22: by Ciara (new)

Ciara Houghton | 14 comments Holly, I agree wholly. Code sent.

message 23: by Deano (new)

Deano | 104 comments Still going??
I'm up for a listen

message 24: by Ciara (new)

Ciara Houghton | 14 comments Glad to have you. Code sent.

Craig

message 25: by Robert (new)

Robert | 5 comments Can I listen? I love bloody jack. Sounds similar.

message 26: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (kaelesa) | 3 comments This sounds like a book I would love...is it too late?

message 27: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (themagicmonster) | 50 comments please add me if there are more

message 28: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie | 3612 comments I'm interested, if you have the credit. But, even If you don't, I think I'd spend a credit of my own--I'm always eager for a new good series, especially fantasy.

message 29: by Al (new)

Al (alphoto) | 8 comments If I am not too late, please forward download and Happy Holidays

message 30: by Ciara (new)

Ciara Houghton | 14 comments Hi everyone. Thanks so much for all the interest. Unfortunately, that's it! I haven't anymore codes available.

Happy holidays everyone!
Craig

message 31: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) | 493 comments Congrats! So glad to see the interest in your book.

message 32: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie | 3612 comments I was one of the lucky ones... thank you, I'll start listening soon.