UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Christmas banner

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Karen (last edited Nov 28, 2013 11:00AM) (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments Loved the Christmas banner the group did last year.
Are we going to go for it again?
Am thinking, rather than doing a specific letter of Happy Christmas, we go for a more 'prayer flag' type of banner, where you just do a flag based on something that means a lot to you.
What do you reckon?

The template is here...
https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...

message 2: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Well I'm up for it Karen. Are we going for triangular again? Have we got a preferred size?

message 3: by Pat () (new)

Pat ()  | 29 comments Sounds good to me.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments Ooh goodie.
Could do the same size/shape again, if that's ok with everyone

message 5: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments In the medium of our choice? Except dance, of course;)

message 7: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Me too!

message 8: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22034 comments Ignite wrote: "In the medium of our choice? Except dance, of course;)"

Hey, I've featured Interpretive Dance I'd have you know!
https://www.facebook.com/TsarinaSecto...

:-)

message 9: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Can you remind us Karen? I've had a sleep since then!

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments Looks like we've got a banner in the making!
Will do a bit of post/pdf file link tomorrow - been out at art class all day so cream-crackered now

message 11: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments Have now found the template from last year and popped it in the gallery, https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...
and have added the link to the opening post as well, just to be on the safe side!
So, get creative!
If poss, can you post your completed bunting in the gallery by December 15th so I can print off and assemble & take a picky.

message 12: by ✿Claire✿ (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 3055 comments I'm a little bit confused... I wasn't in the group last Christmas I don't think, what's the banner/how is it made/what do I need to do? :)

message 13: by Michael Cargill (new)

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 3001 comments I, too, am a bit confused but I was worried about saying so.

However, Claire is right proper smart from being at uni, so I don't feel like such a div now.

message 14: by ✿Claire✿ (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 3055 comments Haha, thanks Michael!

message 15: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments OK, so just print off the template on a sheet of A4 and decorate it - either drawn/painted/coloured, or with fabrics, whatever. Just make it Christmassy!
Scan it or take its photo and upload it to the gallery - and it would help if you can post here to let us know it's done. I'll print them all off and make a banner, then take a pic of the whole shebang and repost to the gallery. Last year we had the banner as the forum's Banner...
it did look good. We chose a letter each to make up Merry Christmas, but I thought it might be easier just to go with people's take on what Christmas means to them.

message 16: by Carol (new)

Carol Dobson | 562 comments Will have a go. This electronic world is fascinating.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments I hope I remember how to make it the group banner :-)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Who was that masked man?

message 19: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments It's The Lone Stranger!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I thought it was the Lone Whinger!

message 21: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Gingerlily - Smiter of idiots. wrote: "I thought it was the Lone Whinger!"

That'll be me, sulking off to the grumpy corner with a mince pie until all this Christmas business is over.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I'll join you with my bucket of eggnog David.

message 23: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments ...just take a photo and I can add it to the banner. Very festive :)

message 24: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments Now have a pic of the paper bunting in the gallery
https://www.goodreads.com/photo/group...
will try and do the fabric one tomorrow

any more out there? going to look a bit frugal if there's just one. Is there a singular of bunting?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Bunt?

Sorry Karen.

Crafting just isn't my thing.

message 26: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments I promise to get my bottom in gear as soon as possible Karen. I don't put my own decorations up until just before Christmas so I find it hard to get myself motivated too early!

message 27: by ✿Claire✿ (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 3055 comments I'm going to try and make one tomorrow :)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh Iggy, you're just lazy.

message 29: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments I know. If I could be arsed, I'd disgust myself!

message 30: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Still awaiting inspiration Karen!

message 31: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments Have you tried reading The Night Before Christmas - it's one of the December books of the month... visions of sugarplums, sleeping mice...

message 32: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments ... on the other hand, I think I could make a whole banner out of my shopping/ things to do list!
At least I finished making/writing the Christmas cards today.

message 33: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Have posted my contribution in the gallery Karen.

message 34: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments That's brilliant Sarah. Sums it up perfectly.
Think I might do a paper collage one of my To Do lists

message 35: by Carol (new)

Carol Dobson | 562 comments Have posted a picture Karen, but have no idea why it seems to be so large. Presumably you can make it the same size as everyone else's.

message 36: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments not sure, Carol - have just sent you a message!

(lovely sunflowers, btw)

message 37: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 853 comments I've done one, but when I look in the gallery I don't see any others. Is there a folder I'm supposed to look for or am I just being thick?

The latter possibility is more than likely.

message 38: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments I'm working on mine today! :)

message 39: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments If you look on page 19 of the photo gallery the completed banners are there Katie. Looking forward to seeing your work :@)

message 40: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 853 comments OK, done! It's done on the computer though, not all that lovely stitching, gluing and fancywork of the others. Hope it's ok.

message 41: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Two added from me - choose or use both! They are my Christmas Cheese and Chilli biscuits. :)

message 42: by ✿Claire✿ (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 3055 comments I've finally decided what I'm going to do so I will do it tonight, it will be a computer one though

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9111 comments I faithfully promise to do mine this evening

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Hmmmm....

I wonder if I can sneak some time for my kids to do some tomorrow.

I'll try but we have an assembly and they always seem to overrun.

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9111 comments Ok tis done :)

message 46: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments Wow, what a great set of pics so far. All very personal/ v Christmassy too.
I've just finished a fabric one using the little Tomte off the Christmas card. Will upload a pic tomorrow when the light's better.
thanks all, so far. Getting in the Christmas mood now

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9111 comments Yes I just love the fact they are all so different :)

message 48: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments any more for the Christmas banner?
Will do a print-out at the end of the week
:)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments If you can put a joined up banner o up I will turn it into the group banner

message 50: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments Thanks Simon
Was going to do it this pm but got sidetracked, dog sitting. And mince pie/ Stollen making!
will print out this evening and take a pic in the morning.
Merry Christmas!

« previous 1