Q&A with Steve Morris discussion

Forthcoming book: Out on Top

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steve (new)

Steve Morris | 250 comments Mod
Out on Top : Upbeat short stories

http://www.pneumasprings.co.uk/Outont...

message 2: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 135 comments Made this page
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Looks good, and different from your usual. :)

message 3: by Steve (new)

That is the very idea :-) I'm pleased with the cover particularly the colours. It is due out early 2014 so I will look forward to that .

message 4: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 135 comments Oh right, will change the publication date on goodreads book as I put 2013.
Can I ask when did you start writing short stories and what made you want to publish?

message 5: by Steve (new)

Oh , thanks for setting up a Goodreads page . Much appreciated . More info will be added as it becomes available .

Well I started writing lots of stories as a young teen perhaps with too many ideas make one good long story out of any of them . There was a file of them which I wrote on a typewriter . They became In All Probability .

I think that short stories suit modern society now that we seem to have less time for everything . I am like yourself, trying to read three novels at once at the moment! I'm barely getting through any of them as work calls come in later and later into the evening , then again in early morning . Modern life! is this progress ? i am sure that life must have been better at a slower pace .

Thank you again for setting up the page.

message 6: by Steve (new)

The first magazine review for

Out On Top - A Collection of Upbeat Short Stories by Steve Morris

is now confirmed. We still don't have an exact release date.

message 7: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 135 comments What magazine?

message 8: by Steve (new)

Hi.

It surprises me sometimes how some (national) media editors promise you something then let you down at last minute. This happened to me at least twice before.

One of my neighbours is a little bit of a celebrity and is often still heard on BBC national radio. However, he informs me that it still amazes him how many times he's booked to appear on a show and "pumped up" for him to be let down. Also he tells me of the number of times he's made TV and radio recordings that have never been aired.

I got asked to make some recordings for a radio station and spent hours on those! The station then pulled the idea. Thanks!
Next time I'll get someone with a good voice to do it, perhaps my neighbour!

I'd better wait until I see any finished articles before I name names so as not to tempt fate....

message 9: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 135 comments That's awful! Best not tell then...

message 10: by Steve (last edited Dec 31, 2013 12:47AM) (new)

There is now a Goodreads giveaway to win 1 of 2 copies of

Out On Top - A Collection of Upbeat Short Stories by Steve Morris

(when it comes out).

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

message 11: by Steve (new)

Official release date will be the 20th February 2014.

message 12: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 135 comments Oh that's pretty soon! Do you do things like book signings?

message 13: by Steve (new)

I wish there were the demand!

I wonder what the ratio of digital to paper books currently being sold now is. I love to own a personally signed copy of a book. That is another aspect where the Kinldes can't compete with the real thing.

message 14: by Steve (new)

A second magazine requested a review copy today.

message 15: by Steve (new)

1st regional newspaper review request.