Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Night Film by Marisha Pessl

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Msusieq (new)

Msusieq (msusieq11) | 3 comments Has anyone listened to this book? I have read about a third of the print book and would like to listen to the rest of it. My question is how does the audio version accommodate all of the photos and captions and other added material that are in the print version? Or is everything except the basic text eliminated? Thanks.

message 2: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 958 comments I haven't read it yet but it's on my wishlist. There is an accompanying reference guide in pdf format that you can download on Audible.

message 3: by Laura (last edited Nov 22, 2013 05:05PM) (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 102 comments Yes, and for the actual CDs, I borrowed them from the library and either the first or last CD also contains that PDF. I listened to the beginning. It does sound good!

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pjaye) | 447 comments A little off the main topic, and nothing to do with the audio book.
I have the ebook on my ipad but I haven't read it yet.
Your question prompted me to go and look at how many pictures etc there are. Then I googled to see if I could find the PDF (I couldn't) but I did find an app.

Did you know there was a "Night Film Decoder" app?
You get the free app, and then you can scan certain pictures in the book (both ebook and hard copy) and it opens up additional content.
In Chapter 5 there's a picture of a CD cover - I scanned the picture with the app on my iphone and then it actually plays the music on the CD.
The app comes in both iphone and android versions.

It might be a bit nerdy of me...but I think that's pretty cool!

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 102 comments That is cool! Thx for letting us know, Patricia!