YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Warrior Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about The Warrior Heir
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > The Warrior Heir, by Cinda Williams Chima - Restarting February 10th 2020

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments "An epic battle between good and evil...

Before he knew about the Roses, 16-year-old Jack lived an unremarkable life in the small Ohio town of Trinity. Only the medicine he has to take daily and the thick scar above his heart set him apart from the other high schoolers. Then one day Jack skips his medicine. Suddenly, he is stronger, fiercer, and more confident than ever before. And it feels great - until he loses control of his own strength and nearly kills another player during soccer team tryouts.

Soon, Jack learns the startling truth about himself: he is Weirlind, part of an underground society of magical people who live among us. At their helm sits the feuding houses of the Red Rose and the White Rose, whose power is determined by playing The Game - a magical tournament in which each house sponsors a warrior to fight to the death. The winning house rules the Weir.

As if his bizarre heritage isn't enough, Jack finds out that he's not just another member of Weirlind - he's one of the last of the warriors - at a time when both houses are scouting for a player." (taken from Goodreads).

Alex and I will be reading this. Feel free to join!

Kindle25 Hi Tatiana, I will be joining you :D

Alex Hey all!

I am so excited to start this book. Kindle25, my name is Alex, and I'm really happy that you are joining us!

So, do we want to just start the book or do we want a specific amount of pages to read before a certain date? I'm good with either...

message 4: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments Alex, I think we can read it in our own pace.

Kindle25 Hi Alex! Nice to meet you! I think we could just start the book, I'm not really good with disciplining myself to read just a certain number of pages. Haha.

Alex Awesome! That sounds good.

message 7: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments I'm at the beginning of Chapter 3 (this book has long chapters!), and some things are still a bit confusing, but I guess they'll be explained in time.

Kindle25 ^Yep. I'm still at the beginning too and I'm still confused with some things :D

Alex I haven't been able to read as much as I wanted to. I'm currently at the beginning of Chapter 2. I'm in love with Chima's writing style. I read The Seven Realms series by her.

message 10: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments I'd never read anythink by her. It's different, that's true.

I'm at chapter 4 or 5 (can't recall), and I think I'm getting close to getting some answers.

Kindle25 I don't know what chapter I'm in. Haha. But I got some answers though :) (view spoiler)

message 12: by Alex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alex If you guys live in the US, Happy Thanksgiving! I will be at a local Walmart sitting on the floor reading for hours on end. Haha. I think I left off on chapter 6 last night.

Kindle25 Chapter Fourteen (I think :)) It's getting interesting.
@Alex, I really like the author's writing style as well. It's flowy, and you don't notice that you're almost done with the book. :D. I have also read her Seven Realms, and it's one of my favorite series :D

message 14: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments Don't know which chapter I'm in now, but I'm not sure I like the writing style now...

Kindle25 Awts... that's too bad... but if you feel that you can't continue, then it's okay. :D. We all have our own tastes in books. ^^

message 16: by Alex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alex I'm currently on Chapter 8. This kind of book reminds me how much I love fantasy novels. But, I won't lie...I kind of wish there was a little romance in it. But, perhaps it would ruin the book.....

Anyways, I'm not sure how fast I can read this week....it's my last week of classes at college. So if I don't update this thread as much..that's why.

Kindle25 ^It's okay Alex. Take your time :)

message 18: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments I've decided to take a couple days off from this book as well. I'm almost done with it, but right now, I'm not in the mood for it.

message 19: by Mira (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mira | 699 comments I read this book a while back, I loved it. It was kind of ruined for me though because I got confused and read The Wizard Heir first so I was reading it more like a prequel but I still enjoyed it. The Dragon Heir is pretty great too. I didn't know if the other series by the same author is any good. But it looks like you guys like it. If there's a plan to read that in the future I'm definitely in :)

message 20: by Kindle25 (last edited Dec 03, 2013 10:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kindle25 Hi Mira, I've read the author's Seven Realms series first and it's really really good! I definitely recommend that you read it if you liked this series. ^^

message 21: by Mira (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mira | 699 comments Kindle25 wrote: "Hi Mira, I've read the author's Seven Realms series first and it's really really good! I definitely recommend that you read it if you liked this series. ^^"

Yeah, I guess I will. Do you know of any buddy reads for that series?

Kindle25 I have no idea :( But I guess you can post it in the Buddy Reads thread :)

message 23: by Mira (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mira | 699 comments Kindle25 wrote: "I have no idea :( But I guess you can post it in the Buddy Reads thread :)"

Alright no worries. Thanks though :)

Kindle25 No problem! Hope you enjoy reading the Seven Realms series :D

message 25: by Alex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alex Hey all!

Sorry about that. I had finals and exams and tons of papers. But, I'm done now. So back to reading!

Where are you all at?

message 26: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Restarting 27th December 2014.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

CAN'T WAIT TO READ THIS!

Ashley (readmewriteme) | 4222 comments I'm in

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83324 comments Mod
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting November 10th 2017. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Prologue and Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

Andréa | 292 comments I have a book to finish so I'll start either tonight or tomorrow :) Have fun

Andréa | 292 comments Prologue-Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Chapter 9 (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Chapter 9 (view spoiler)

Andréa | 292 comments I’m up to chapter 5 but I can’t hide the spoilers on my phone. I’ll have to post tomorrow 😔

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Chapter 12 (view spoiler)

Andréa | 292 comments Chapter 2-5 (view spoiler)

Andréa | 292 comments Chapter 6-10 (view spoiler)

Andréa | 292 comments Chapter 11-15 (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Chapter 15 (view spoiler)

message 42: by Andréa (last edited Nov 14, 2017 08:27PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Andréa | 292 comments Chapter 16-18 --> Finished (view spoiler)

I had a hard time getting into the story but it went better and better. I'll probably read the next book at some point but not right now.

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Andréa wrote: "Chapter 16-18 --> Finished ."

I finished, it was pretty good but I don't know if I want to read the next book
(view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83324 comments Mod
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date Changed. Restarting April 1st 2018. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments I'll be a little late, but starting this tomorrow :)

message 46: by Andy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Andy | 14309 comments Amanda Setasha wrote: "I'll be a little late, but starting this tomorrow :)"

I think I will too since my other books haven't come in

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments I own this one and I've gotta dig it out of my bookcase tomorrow. xD hahaha.

message 48: by Andy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Andy | 14309 comments I own book 4 or 5 hahaha

message 49: by Andy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Andy | 14309 comments Ch 2 (view spoiler)

Ch. 5 (view spoiler)

message 50: by Andy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Andy | 14309 comments Ch. 8 (view spoiler)

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Obsidio (other topics)