Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta Reader available for your book

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evgenia (last edited Nov 22, 2013 03:38AM) (new)

Evgenia (evgenia_s) | 7 comments Hello All,

I would like to be a beta reader to anyone who would be willing to give me a piece (or all) of their book to read, in exchange I will give my honest opinion. As far as my interests go I read all genres but the last couple of years I tend to read more paranormal than not. So if you are interested send me a message.

PS. I almost forgot! I'm from Greece (but I usually read in English) so if anyone needs my help with the language, the place or quotes I would gladly help them.

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Parry (kathrynmorgan-parry) | 78 comments Lol would you consider translating a short book while you beta read a short story about 10 pages long?

message 3: by Evgenia (new)

Evgenia (evgenia_s) | 7 comments Hey Kathlyn! Sounds fun but I have to warn you that I've never done it before. What is the genre?

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Parry (kathrynmorgan-parry) | 78 comments Erotica... Sorry I should have said.

message 5: by Evgenia (new)

Evgenia (evgenia_s) | 7 comments Kathryn send it. I will try my best. :)

message 6: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Parry (kathrynmorgan-parry) | 78 comments Message me your email and I will send it to you as soon as I get in, lol I would have no idea if you do the translation badly. So far I have translated it twice already and no complaints...

message 7: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Parry (kathrynmorgan-parry) | 78 comments Oh would word or PDF be ok?

message 8: by Evgenia (last edited Nov 22, 2013 04:18AM) (new)

Evgenia (evgenia_s) | 7 comments My email is esofikitou@gmail.com. Yes Pdf is ok.

message 9: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Parry (kathrynmorgan-parry) | 78 comments Evgenia wrote: "My email is esofikitou@gmail.com. Yes Pdf is ok."

sent...

message 10: by Harry (new)

Harry Nelson | 26 comments I have a paranormal fantasy novel titled "In the Lucid Dream Future." It's about a young garage band kid who gets mixed up in Lucid Dreaming after he hears one of his songs being played as a heavy metal song. Would you like to take a look at the first few chapters?
Harry

message 11: by Yvette (new)

Yvette Calleiro (yvettemcalleiro) | 19 comments I have a YA paranormal book for which I'd love to get your honest opinion. I've put a little quip about it below. If you are interested, I can send it in mobi, pdf, or epub.

How do you choose when both options have dire consequences?

Sofia is a 17 year old who is quite content with her life. She has a caring boyfriend who also just happens to be her best friend since birth. She has a loving mother. She is successfully completing her last year of high school and enjoys her part-time job. She can’t imagine wanting more from her life…until Ar’ch (pronounced Ar-rick) enters her dreams, sparking a burning flame inside of her that she can’t seem to extinguish nor does she want to.

Ar’ch is a Diasodz (Die-ah-sodz), a species created by the Goddess back when God created humans. Diasodz were made to heal and protect humans, but when the Diasodz turned their backs on helping humans and left Earth to live in their own world, the Goddess abandoned them. Since then, their powers and their very lives have been fading. A prophecy foretold that a young girl born on Earth would be the Diasodz’s savior. Ar’ch and his brother Angel travel to Earth to retrieve her and bring her back to their world before her death day in order to save their kind. Ar’ch knows the drill: find the target, capture her, and safely bring her home. But what happens when the target captures his dormant heart?

Choices create action. Actions have consequences. When faced with the truth, what choice will Sofia make? Will she able to accept the consequences that follow?

message 12: by Evgenia (last edited Nov 23, 2013 11:27AM) (new)

Evgenia (evgenia_s) | 7 comments Hey Harry and Yvette I would love to read and comment on your books but I have to warn you that it will probably take me a week and a half to finish them. If that's ok with you send them at my email (it's in the comments above). Thank you for choosing me!

message 13: by Harry (new)

Harry Nelson | 26 comments Alright! Thanks. HN

message 14: by Yvette (new)

Yvette Calleiro (yvettemcalleiro) | 19 comments I'm a patient girl! ;-) Thank you! I'll send it to you today. It will come from calleirobooks. :-)

message 15: by N. (new)

N. (n_michaels) | 1 comments Hey everyone,
I need a beta reader for a contemporary adult romance. It's 100,935 words. Let me know if you're interested. Thank you :)

message 16: by Lise8 (new)

Lise8 | 29 comments HI Evgenia,
You must be a very fast reader... If you have space for one more in the near future (but no rush), I would love for you to try out my 128k word/ 450 page story.

I have had really constructive feedback from my previous beta reader who really enjoyed it, and I am now keen to keep on improving some more! Here's the short blurb:

Now that Claire is in her mid-thirties, her life is finally settled. Starting adult life as a young single mother, she has worked hard to get to where she is. Her two part-time jobs bring her great satisfaction, but more importantly, she has an incredibly deep connection with her sixteen year old daughter, and with the other teenagers who invade her house every afternoon. All is good until one of the youth invites a new guy to join the group, who stirs things up in ways none of them could have ever predicted.

Let me know if you are interested.

Lise (now in UK, originally French ;-))

message 17: by Elizabeth (last edited Jul 11, 2014 08:14AM) (new)

Elizabeth | 8 comments Hi Evgenia,
I'm Elizabeth. I just finished editing a first draft of a YA fantasy and I could really use someone else to take a look at it! There is a little description and my email address below so send me a message if you are interested! Thanks :)
-Elizabeth

When Nema sets out to break the curse she believes the only thing she isn’t prepared for is failure.
When she does break the curse she realizes she was wrong. The only thing she wasn’t prepared for was success.
Everyone- including Nema- is happy to think Alina is dead but when curse is broken and Nema’s memories come rushing back she realizes that everyone is wrong. Alina is alive and even more startling, she is Alina.

melizabeth497@gmail.com

message 18: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Skretting (teacherauthor) | 9 comments Hi Evgenia,
If you would be interested in reading a junior fiction, please let me know either here, or at sharonskretting@gmail.com

The novel is 61,747 words. Heres a brief intro:

Young Christopher Faramund is on a journey to find his parents and the Ultimate Treasure! Having received the news that his parents were lost at sea, and finding a magic treasure chest that seems to be guiding him, Christopher decides to set sail, looking for his family and the treasure. Along with his guardian and a group of young stowaways looking for a better quality of life, Christopher gets caught up in pirate chases, time travel, and an amazing mission to save the earth's most precious treasures!

Though the plot is totally fictional, this novel incorporates much true-to-life information about our world today. It will whisk you away to a new land and learn about the history, culture and flavor of its setting in Peru! Many prior readers have said that it's like they were there!

message 19: by Darlene (new)

Darlene (darlenes) | 32 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Hi Evgenia,
I'm Elizabeth. I just finished editing a first draft of a YA fantasy and I could really use someone else to take a look at it! There is a little description and my email address below ..."

hi, I'm Darlene and I would be interested in reading your ya fantasy. The book sounds very interesting. if you are interested in sending me a copy to read ;my email address is suberfamily@hughes.net and you can send me a mobi or pdf file of the book.
Have a blessed weekend.
Darlene aka mousiey

message 20: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 129 comments I have some historical fantasy, sci-fi action adventure and sci-fi psychological thrillers (young and new adult). I can send you pdfs and I can wait for feedback. I got nothing but time on my hands. Let me know if you're interested.

message 21: by Darlene (new)

Darlene (darlenes) | 32 comments Hey K.P. -- you are more than welcome to send to me I would love to read your books. my email address is suberfamily@hughes.net. Looking forward to reading and hearing from you
Darlene

message 22: by Sabina (new)

Sabina Khan Hi Evgenia,

I am just finishing up my YA Paranormal Fantasy/Romance novel based on Hindu mythology (approx. 100,000 words) and I am looking for beta readers. I am hoping for feedback regarding characters and plot. If you are interested please email me at sabinakk@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
Sabina