The Inklings discussion

C.S. Lewis
This topic is about C.S. Lewis
Fifty years since death of C.S. Lewis

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Hayes (hayesstw) | 9 comments Today is the 50th anniversary of the death of C.S. Lewis.

I've written a blog post about it here, Fifty years ago: the death of 3 award-winning writers | Khanya, and wonder if anyone else has blogged about it. Perhaps we could link to each other's post, and so create a sort of synchronised blog on the topic.

I noted that C.S. Lewis died on the same day as US President J.F. Kennedy and Aldous Huxley, but I think that as a writer Lewis influenced me mpore than the other two.

message 2: by Wm. Scott (new)

Wm. Scott Conway (wsconway) | 1 comments Huxley's Brave New World is quite good, albeit a little bit of a disconcerting prophecy when one considers that more people know the contestants' names on American Idol by heart that can tell you the most basic functions of political principles like Habeas Corpus and Posse Commitatus.

But yeah, no one has influenced my philosophy and worldview more than Lewis. Have over 30 of his book, and have read them all numerous time.

In honor of Lewis' profound life, I think this is worth a share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96uT-B...

message 3: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Hicks (goodreadscomlaurele) | 4 comments I started reading The Screwtape Letters and Brave New World today, in memory of the two Brits. I first read them about fifty years ago, when I was in high school. The Screwtape Letters had more influence on me than Huxley's book.