readers advisory for all discussion

so ask already!!! > revenge

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashok (new)

Ashok Thadani (ashokthadani) | 40 comments Hi there, I want to present someone with a book - I'd appreciate any suggestion of Young Adult books about 'REVENGE'. Shouldn't be too dirty (i.e. sex, etc...)
Thanks!

Algernon (Darth Anyan) | 77 comments The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester is a translation of the classic revenge story of Alexandre Dumas (The Count of Monte Cristo) to the science-fiction genre. As one of the SF early masterworks, it is relatively safe in terms of sex and swearing. The characters are adults in a dystopian society, but for me science-fiction is the favorite genre of my teenage years.

message 3: by Ashok (new)

Ashok Thadani (ashokthadani) | 40 comments Algernon wrote: "The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester is a translation of the classic revenge story of Alexandre Dumas (The Count of Monte Cristo) to the science-fiction genre...."

Thank you so much for your contribution. I will definitely consider this option. I haven't read The Count of Monte Cristo but I loved the movie!

message 4: by karen, future RA queen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) | 1315 comments Mod
i just noticed this here. if you want people to see your requests, put it in this thread:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

because that's where people look for stuff. hooray!

message 5: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 185 comments Karen, as moderator you can move the thread to a different folder.

message 6: by karen, future RA queen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) | 1315 comments Mod
oh, i guess i can - i was going to wait until they came back, but i guess it doesn't matter, does it?

message 7: by ☮Karen (new)

☮Karen When I think revenge, I think of The Other Side of Midnight by Sidney Sheldon. However, I read it when in my 20's and now just cannot recall if it was ridden with sex or not. But the revenge is swe-e-e-e-t, not that I'd do anything like that -- ever!