SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

The 100 (The 100, #1)
This topic is about The 100
All Book Discussions > The 100 (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
A discussion thread for our December - January BoM. Spoilers are permitted.

message 2: by Lu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
I will be hosting this month. I am very excited about this read, it sounds great!

A TV show is also coming soon:
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buVWdk...
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2661044/?...

message 3: by Lu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
Anyone want to start this on a particular day?

message 4: by Claudia (last edited Dec 07, 2013 12:38AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Claudia (claudiavstoomanybooks) | 1779 comments I started today! I drew me in right away and I had a hard time putting it down.

20% done.

(view spoiler)

89% done
(view spoiler)

Finished!
(view spoiler)

Janice | 1820 comments Mod
This was a meh book for me. It was interesting but a bit superficial. It needed more - more depth, more description, just a tad bit more. I plan on reading the next in the series because I do confess that I am intrigued.

As for the TV series, that looks awesome (and... more exciting than the book). Definitely want to watch it!

message 6: by Lu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
Started this today and about a 100 pages in!

So far a very quick and easy read and it has me wanting to read and find out more!

Claudia wrote: 20% done.

I'm interested to know more about everyone's background. The way we are plunged into the middle of thin..."

I agree, being plunged into the story is very exciting. There does seem to be something really fishy going on!

message 7: by Lu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
Finished!

Some question for those who also finished:

1. Did you like seeing the story from different point of views?

2. Do you think they can survive without some sort of ruler/hierarchy system?

3. Wells or Bellamy?

4. Was the book too fast paced?

5. Do you want to know more about what is happening on the ship? Or on earth?

6. What do you think about the ending?

7. Will you watch the TV series?

Claudia (claudiavstoomanybooks) | 1779 comments 1. Yes. Each character is very unique and getting to know how they think and seeing the world through their eyes was, I feel, an integral part in my enjoyment of the story. Third person would have been "meh".

2. Nope. Clearly they need someone who knows what everything is and how it works and what to do with it. Otherwise they'll die of poison mushrooms within a week! :P

3. Bellamy.

4. Yes, but it still worked. It wasn't so faced paced that I felt parts were being skipped, but I would've like more descriptions of the environment/world at times.

5. After that ending, it's hard to say. Both please!

6. UGH! It would've been fine if the next book was available, but making us wait on a cliffhanger like that is just MEAN.

7. Yes, definitely. From just the preview I've seen, the story looks quite different. For instance, we get to see the people on the ship monitoring the 100, and they face more dangers right off. Also, seeing the freaky radiation-altered animals will be a treat.

message 9: by Lu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
1. Agreed!
2. lolol
3. Yay Bellamy!
4. I also liked the fast paced, it worked for me and made for a quick read :)
5. I'm a bit torn, I like what is happening on the ship, but at times I want to know more about the earth than the ship.
6. Hahah yea but at least we have a show to look forward to.
7. Yea it does look different! The world looks very cool/radiationy. It might be a bit cheesy tho

Zuleka Kok | 231 comments I enjoyed this book. Cant wait for the second one.

1) yes I did :)
2) nope I dont think they will.
3) lol, can I choose Luke rather :P
4) It was a fast read but I enjoyed it.
5) I like reading about both. I really loved Luke and Glass,but also liked reading about what is happening on earth (I really hope Luke and Glass survives)
6) Cant wait to read what happens next...
7) yes

message 11: by Lu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
The show started last night!

Will report back :)

message 12: by Lu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
They changed almost everything except some main characters and that they sent 100 prisoners down to earth. It was a bit B-grade but I'm excited to see more!