East County San Diego Ladies Book Club discussion

★ Archive: BotM Nominations > January 2014 Book of the Month Nominations

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♡ Kristina, Moderator (last edited Dec 31, 2013 05:59PM) (new)

♡ Kristina (krissy_ione) | 274 comments Mod
This thread is where you can nominate a book (or books!) of your choice to be the next Book Club Selection.

RULES
• Nominate any book that has not been a previous book club selection for our January 2014 club selection.
• If the book you want to nominate has already been nominated in this thread --- mention it again! (the top three are placed in a poll for voting).
• Nominate as many books as you want!
• To view previous book club selections, view our bookshelf .
• The top three books nominated in this thread will then be placed into a poll on December 15th where all members will vote on which book they would like to read.
• The winning book is then chosen as our book club selection for January.
Please use the add book/author tool when posting your nomination(s). If you don't, your book will not show up in our count and may miss out on making it to the polls.

NOTE: While we are growing, we may bypass the polls in voting for the book of the month and just have a member pick the book.

Top Nominations
The Storyteller (2)
The Husband's Secret (2)
Calling Me Home (1)
The Poisonwood Bible (1)
Eleanor & Park (1)
The Night Circus (1)
The Light Between Oceans (1)

message 2: by Veronica, Moderator (new)

Veronica (vrvanderhyde) | 122 comments Mod
I can't believe it's almost 2014.

Calling Me Home
The Storyteller
The Husband's Secret

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 83 comments Ok, I'm finally adjusting to working 5 days a week and having to be up at 5 every morning lol so I can get back on track on my reading. Also, are anyone of you ladies interested in running? I signed up for the Mermaid series 5k, and was wondering if that would be something you would like to with me? I wont get offended if you don't want to lol Kristina , when are you posting the Jan book?

message 6: by ♡ Kristina, Moderator (new)

Oh shoot! I forgot I was gonna post it on the 15th.

I don't run ... at all ... It makes me miserable. But, I have done a few fun 5k's and "walked fast" (mud run, hot chocolate).

message 7: by ♡ Kristina, Moderator (new)

You all ok with The Storyteller?

message 8: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 83 comments Sounds good to me :) oh the hot chocolate one is march 23 wanna sign up? I'm not a fast runner either .

message 9: by Veronica, Moderator (new)

Veronica (vrvanderhyde) | 122 comments Mod
I'm good with The Storyteller. I'll start it when I'm done with The Book Thief.

Brian and I talk about running again after the holidays. We'll see how that goes.... Lol. When do you have to sign up by?

message 10: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 83 comments Idk I think feb 14

message 11: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 83 comments Hope you ladies had a wonderful Christmas . I got a nook and have no idea how to use it lol guess I have to concert to technology now :)