East County San Diego Ladies Book Club discussion

★ Book of the Month > December 2013: The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♡ Kristina, Moderator (new)

♡ Kristina (krissy_ione) | 274 comments Mod
BOOK OF THE MONTH

MONTH: December 2013
TITLE: The Time Keeper
SERIES: N/A
AUTHOR: Mitch Albom
GENRE: Fiction, Fantasy
PAGES: 224
RELEASE DATE: September 4th, 2012
AVG RATING: 3.80 / 5.00 (33,520 votes)
DESCRIPTION:
In this fable, the first man on earth to count the hours becomes Father Time. The inventor of the world's first clock is punished for trying to measure God's greatest gift. He is banished to a cave for centuries and forced to listen to the voices of all who come after him seeking more days, more years. Eventually, with his soul nearly broken, Father Time is granted his freedom, along with a magical hourglass and a mission: a chance to redeem himself by teaching two earthly people the true meaning of time.

He returns to our world--now dominated by the hour-counting he so innocently began--and commences a journey with two unlikely partners: one a teenage girl who is about to give up on life, the other a wealthy old businessman who wants to live forever. To save himself, he must save them both. And stop the world to do so.

message 2: by Veronica, Moderator (new)

Veronica (vrvanderhyde) | 122 comments Mod
Like with every Albom book... get your tissues ready.

message 3: by ♡ Kristina, Moderator (new)

oh no!

message 4: by Veronica, Moderator (new)

Veronica (vrvanderhyde) | 122 comments Mod
Yep! And you never see it coming in this book. Every other book I've read by him, I go in knowing I'm going to cry. I definitely didn't expect it in this book.

message 5: by ♡ Kristina, Moderator (new)

awww, man!

message 6: by ♡ Kristina, Moderator (new)

I finished this book and thought it was really good, 4 stars. Can't wait to discuss it more on Saturday.

message 7: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 83 comments Lol I've been so bad I'm just now gonna read it. I've been so busy gotta update u guys all . Hopefully I can make it on Saturday if I'm not on call .

message 8: by ♡ Kristina, Moderator (new)

I've been bad about reading lately too but this one was a fast read so it helped :) so glad we picked a small book for this month!!

message 9: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 83 comments Geesh, I just started this book and I cant keep it down. Good choice on the book this month :) I find my self saying things like "there is not enough TIME in the day , to finish what we have to do."

message 10: by ♡ Kristina, Moderator (new)

that's how I felt! Good stuff :)

East County San Diego Ladies Book Club

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Time Keeper (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mitch Albom (other topics)