Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

THE MOVIE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna OK just got out from the theater and I am SOOOOOO impressed! I think they did an incredible job staying as close as possible to the book and all the actors did SUCH a phenomenal job! I am really happy Catching Fire was my favorite book and I was a little nervous but the movie blew me away :) what did you guys think?

Elisa Rivera the movie is so perfect!!!! for me best movie of the year *___* <3 <3

SassyPsycho Best book to movie introduction I have seen in a long time. Much better than the first one!!!!!

cloudyskye I agree. I saw it yesterday. I liked "The Hunger Games", but "Catching Fire" has more depth and layers. I cried with Rue's family, I love Finnick and Johanna, and the final shot is a fantastic build-up to the next one, Jennifer Lawrence (who is simply wonderful) does it all with her eyes. Can't wait for Mockingjay.

message 5: by EJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

EJ Portento I just watch the Catching Fire and I'm totally hype by the entire movie. It's really worth to watch, I love the effects and the gowns of Katniss (OMG, Jennifer Lawrence is hot !!!).

Best movie of the year indeed :D
One word....AMAZING !!! <3 <3 <3
Clapclapclap :D

Can't wait for Mockingjay (~^___^~)

message 6: by Feliks (new)

Feliks Anna wrote: "THE MOVIE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!! ..."

Compared to what? No movies at all? Compared to watching paint dry? Compared to whatever shyt movies you grew up with at your local multi-plex?

Nicole Amazing indeed. I watched it the other day and it was so damn impressive. It was almost near how the book was written!

message 8: by SassyPsycho (last edited Nov 22, 2013 04:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

SassyPsycho Feliks wrote: "Anna wrote: "THE MOVIE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!! ..."

Compared to what? No movies at all? Compared to watching paint dry? Compared to whatever shyt movies you grew up with at your local multi-plex?"

I really don't know what your problem is but get over it. Catching fire was a great movie you need to get over your self!!!!

Audrey It was absolutely phenomenal!!!!!! <3 The cast all had amazing performances and the crew/director/script writers did an amazing job at capturing the essence of the book. I absolutely loved the book and the movie that went along with it!!!!!!! I agree it was the movie of the year.

Sorrel Feliks wrote: "Anna wrote: "THE MOVIE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!! ..."

Compared to what? No movies at all? Compared to watching paint dry? Compared to whatever shyt movies you grew up with at your local multi-plex?"

Seriously Feliks? Do you get pleasure out of annoying people? Or hating on the things they love? This thread is most likely for people who liked the book and want to talk about it. Even if you didn't like it you really don't have to go round offending people.

Kenzi I loved ittttt. I was happy to see that they changed the cat to the appropriate color. I felt like the characters seemed a little more whaco than they did in the book. But either way it was great I have no idea how I am gonna wait another year for the next one.

message 12: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara The movie was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Veronica Schneider I saw the movie and i could speak the lines along with the actors because they stayed so close to the book! It was amazing!!! I loved the jabberjay scene because Katniss just forgot everything and ran for Prim. Finnick did the same. But i think the characters were a lot closer to the book character this time. Altogether it was AMAZING

Sierra Franklin It actually was pretty amazing. What little that was left out or changed didn't really matter at all.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much. Hunger Games movie was just meh to me but this adaptation blew me away.

Gosh....it was really good!!!!

Tenisha Plowell I didn't see it yet :(

SassyPsycho Veronica wrote: "I saw the movie and i could speak the lines along with the actors because they stayed so close to the book! It was amazing!!! I loved the jabberjay scene because Katniss just forgot everything and ..."

Lol so could I !! Sooo close to the book made me soo happy!! I had to take deep breaths becouse I forgot to breath! Lol

Tenisha Plowell Tenisha wrote: "I didn't see it yet :("

Sounds awesome :D

message 18: by Mar (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mar This movie was perfection! It's so nice to see a movie stay true to a book now a days!

message 19: by Drew (new) - rated it 4 stars

Drew It was a hundred million times better than the first one! I was so impressed, and I just applaud the new director. I wish he'd made the first movie. I loved all the new actors *cough* Johanna *cough* and the old ones did better than ever! Now I'm actually excited for Mockingjay, even though I HATE the book. There were a few things that could've been changed, like the fact that Plutarch didn't give Katniss the Mockingjay watch when they were dancing, and I almost think it followed the book too precisely; because I'd read the book first, I could predict some parts down to the very scenes and the lines the actors said. But overall it was amazing and I loved every moment of it. One of my favorite parts was the interviews, and when all the victors held hands. If you liked the book, go watch the movie!

message 20: by Hailey (last edited Nov 22, 2013 03:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hailey Parish I went with my school today and I love it!!! they stayed awesomely true to the book. I loved finnick and jhoanna's additude. I love the hunger games trilogy so much and I cant wait until mockingjay!!!!
I give this book a bajillion stars

Temple Rose I love the sequel cant wait another year for Mockingjay such a good film.

Pratita  Kusuma Im so high from the movie, watched it last night and this morning i woke up to find my self still thingking about it, remembering every scene...

Was i the only one who acted like im gonna sick when gale kissed katniss in the beginning of the movie?

I was like, "eww, gross! Keep your hand out of her gale, she's peeta's! :D

And they even manage to make snow's granddaughter scenes..

They did so well with the movie, i love every second of it soo much,

message 23: by Drew (new) - rated it 4 stars

Drew @Pratita, me too!! And no, you weren't the only one. When Gale kissed Katniss at my theater, he got booed, and I was like, "Bleh!" I'm not sure why they focused on him so much. There was technically only one kiss scene with them in the book, and there were a LOT in the movie.

Cherie I agree, it was perfect! :) One of the best adaptations i've ever seen.

Aline Amazing it was. I loved.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome movie, the best to the series so far :-). CINNA...*cries*

message 27: by Nance (last edited Nov 23, 2013 10:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nance Wow! The movie was just so awesome! Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Haymitch, Effie, Cinna, and Snow.....so fantastic! Finnick and Joanna too!!! Shed some tears...but was just so into the entire movie! And the actors that portrayed the characters were even more brilliant than in "The Hunger Games".....such perfect casting!!!!!

Zhanaestilinski That was...well the trailers certainly didn't do it justice. I was completely blown away even though my friend was unfazed. So I teared up a little too much, shoot me. Actually I'm not going to say that because there were alot of people that faced a gun in this movie. Yikes.

Did any one catch Effie's mahogany reference at the President's ball? Not sure if that was in the book but thank you to who ever threw that into the script. Ireally appreciated her this time around. She is Capitol through and through and suddenly here are these kids who come in and redefine her job and break her heart :(
There was alot of stuff that was left out or switched around like the "peacekeepers" from District 8,Darius etc. But I wished they had included the footage of Haymitch's victory, it would have added more depth to his character.
Everyone in this movie was great, they each got a moment to shine. But Snow and Plutarch were sick and intimidating but MY GOD Thread made me pee a little bit when he started shouting. I was half expecting him to burst out and say "I'm Batman",his voice was so deep and raspy.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO going to see this a dozen more times

message 29: by Glaiza (last edited Nov 25, 2013 02:20AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Glaiza Sue I just cannot wait for the Mockingjay anymore! Wanna watch the movie again and again... urg. it was amazingly painful-as expected..

Jennifer I agree completely about being very impressed that the movie followed the book pretty well! I loved the movie! Can't wait for the next one!

sarah foster I agree! the movie was briliant and was exactly like the book i was so chuffed!

Parbhdeep Catching fire was amazing! It was made brilliantly and they were very true to the book as far as I can tell! Now we have to wait for Mockingjay!

Lucia Benvenaste THE MOVIE WAS SO PERFECT!!!! I LOVED IT SO MUCH! AND HOPEFULLY IM SEEING IT AGAIN :) IM SO HAPPY

Emilyx The movie was awesome.

Better than the first, better than all the movies I've watched this year.

It followed the book nearly word-for-image and added more explanations and made the arena much more haunting! Plus--Gale & Peeta scenes! *squeals of joy*