Women's Fiction Lovers discussion

Favorite WF Author?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kellie (new)

Kellie Gilbert (kelliecoatesgilbert) | 24 comments Mod
So….who is YOUR favorite women's fiction author?

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) Adrianna Trigiani is first, and about 10 or 12 others are close seconds.

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andreakapp) | 4 comments Karen White :)

message 4: by Kellie (new)

Andrea wrote: "Karen White :)"

I love Karen's books too. I got a chance to meet her when we were authors on a panel at Pulpwood Queen's Girlfriend Weekend a few years back. Lovely gal.

message 5: by Kellie (new)

Carol wrote: "Adrianna Trigiani is first, and about 10 or 12 others are close seconds."

I think the cover of Adrianna's new release is stunning!

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andreakapp) | 4 comments Kellie- she is wonderful! I met her at a book signing a year ago. She was awfully nice and signed all 12 of my books :)

message 7: by Kellie (new)

Yup - that's the Karen I met as well. Her new one RETURN TO TRADD STREET releases soon I think.

Please feel free to add your favorite traditionally published novels to the group's bookshelf.

message 8: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andreakapp) | 4 comments Kellie- Yes, I know. I absolutely can't wait! The Tradd series is my favorite of hers! I am counting down the days until it is released!

message 9: by Kellie (new)

Andrea - Let me know what you think. I just got my edit letter from my publisher fifteen minutes ago, so I'll be nose in the computer for a few days. But, I want to know how you like the new Tradd.

message 10: by Natalia (new)

Natalia Sylvester (nataliasylvester) | 1 comments I love Elizabeth Berg. The Year of Pleasures is still one of my favorites!

message 11: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andreakapp) | 4 comments Kellie- will do :) have fun! :)

message 12: by Carol (new)

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) Natalia wrote: "I love Elizabeth Berg. The Year of Pleasures is still one of my favorites!"

Elizabeth Berg is one of my go-to authors too. Can always rely on a realistic story and characters I related with on some level

message 13: by Kellie (new)

Oh my…we are in the right group! I adore Ms. Berg's books. Talk Before Sleep moved me to tears. And her books on writing are so freeing…she recommends putting all rules aside and letting your heart narrate the story. Her books show the success of THAT!

message 14: by Carol (new)

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) I haven't read her books on writing. Will have to check out

message 15: by Kellie (last edited Dec 07, 2013 08:25PM) (new)

Anyone read Cassandra King's new Moonrise ? I just bought it because I'm going to meet her next month. SAME SWEET GIRLS was one of my all time favorites. I closed the last page…and two days later realized I was depressed because I missed the characters. That's the sign of a great book!

message 16: by Carol (new)

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) Kellie wrote: "Anyone read Cassandra King's new Moonrise ? I just bought it because I'm going to meet her next month. SAME SWEET GIRLS was one of my all time favorites. I closed the last page…and two days later ..." I really like Same Sweet Girls too. Haven't read Moonrise. Another add for my ever-growing list :) carol

message 17: by Kellie (new)

Carol….if you love stories about girlfriends who gather annually, you will love Same Sweet Girls….lots of surprises and layers….delicious read!

message 18: by Carol (new)

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) Hi Kellie, read and liked that one, it's the new one I haven't read. :)