Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

MOVIE!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Kenna Have you seen the movie yet? I'm seeing it tomorrow! If you've seen it how was it?

message 2: by Max (new) - rated it 5 stars

Max England it comes out at midnight tonight

message 3: by Nurlely (last edited Nov 21, 2013 08:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nurlely The movie is awesome! I watched it yesterday. JLaw acted out Katniss's fear, anger and devastation awesomely. Josh is awesome too. Liam is okay. Woody and Elizabeth are as wonderful as ever. I love Sam as Finnick!

Amber I will be seeing it this Sunday! It doesn't release here until tomorrow. I am so excited

Hannah I just got back from seeing it and it was incredible, I'm so happy with how it turned out. much better than the first movie.

Pratita  Kusuma I am still high from watching the movie. It was briliant! Definitely the best book to movie adaptation, many ways above the first movie.

message 7: by Max (new) - rated it 5 stars

Max England did they leave in the part in the elevator?

Nikita Seeing it Sunday with my sisters. So excited I can't contain myself.

Rosa Max wrote: "did they leave in the part in the elevator?"

Are you talking about the part where Katniss and Peeta, first meet Johanna? Cause yes its in the movie, and that was by far the funniest scene in the whole movie. The face Katniss makes when Johanna is taking her clothes off is hysterical! Everyone in the theater was laughing.

message 10: by Rosa (last edited Nov 22, 2013 09:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rosa Kenna wrote: "Have you seen the movie yet? I'm seeing it tomorrow! If you've seen it how was it?"

It was really good, I enjoyed it very much, but there where some scenes that I wished would had been included. And in others they changed the way the scene is from the book. For Example, the part with Katniss and Peeta where they get scored right before they go into the arena. I felt like they should have left that scene in its original state. But overall I enjoyed it very much.

By the way, Jena Malone as Johanna, it was just a perfect casting. She completely made that character her own.

message 11: by Mar (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mar Johanna was definitely my favorite new character! She was so unpredictable and wasn't afraid to tell the Capitol what she thought of the Quell.

message 12: by Drew (new) - rated it 4 stars

Drew The movie was really good! So much better than the first one! I loved Johanna and Effie.
I got so excited when the Divergent trailer played. Everyone in the theater was cheering! Now I have to wait for that along with Mockingjay.

Temple Rose Such a good film, awesome cast everything was perfect!!

Kenna I just saw the movie, and it was way better than the first movie. It stuck almost exactly to the book/plot. The only things that I disagreed with were...
1. Mag's death was way too fast.
2. The movie in general was very fast pace.
3. In the elevator scene they did not include the fact that Katniss was modest, which was the point of the whole scene.
4. The new gameprogramer didn't show Katniss his mockingjay watch.

But other than those 4, the movie was terrific! And for me, I usually complain a lot, so 4 minor complaints is nothing. The movie was fantabulus!

Leslie It's sooooooooo goooooooood! One of my favorite movies ever!

Crystal Kenna wrote: "I just saw the movie, and it was way better than the first movie. It stuck almost exactly to the book/plot. The only things that I disagreed with were...
1. Mag's death was way too fast.
2. The mov..."

It's been a while since I read the books, probably like everyone else, and I had forgotten about the watch part, I think that would have definitely been helpful in th movie. I think if you haven't read the books the movie can be a little confusing because they have to leave so much out with time constraints. I did think the movie was good! They did an awesome job with the "games" staying true to the book. Casting was great! The end left you longing for more! Come on Mockingjay!

Maddie Caroline The movie was amazing I saw it with my best friend at midnight. He said he absolutely loved it. I thought it was almost as good as the book, and better than the first movie. I really liked how they stuck to the story and didn't change everything up. Jena and Sam ohmygod they were perfect. I loved how Jena played Johanna it made me love Johanna even more.

Rjushka I've seem it today! Great movie! Liked it very much!

Davey Kirk I am so glad they followed many parts of the book! Fans of the book should love this movie, I did. One scene I wish they would have kept was when Katniss and Peeta work on the family book but, I am okay that it wasn't included. This is a great movie. I can't wait for the Mockingjay!

Davey Kirk I loved Johanna!!!!

Sierra Franklin I would say the movie brought Johanna to another level and I loved it.

I wish they had enough time to show the scene where Katniss and Peeta watch old games how to tributes won their games.

Also, its been awhile since I read catching fire but didn't Gale get lashed because he got caught hunting???? Im not sure...

message 22: by Owaiz (last edited Nov 23, 2013 12:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Owaiz I liked the movie but like others said, it was fast paced. A bit too fast paced, like playing it on fast-forward. I mean, there were scenes that should've been on screen for 5-10 seconds longer. For instance, Katniss in her wedding dress and the victors holding hands was a big deal. But they wound it up within a minute or two. I'm just going to get the movie when it's available and pause it every now and then to get a good look at the characters. And Johanna was amazing.

Surprisingly, Finnick did an awesome job. I watched his interviews when he was cast and I was like This guy? Finnick? No way. He can never be Finnick.

In the movie? What a marvellous job. Finnick acted so well.

And Effie was amazing but I think her make-up was awful. Like real cheap stuff.

message 23: by Kary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kary IT WAS SO GOOD OH MY GOD
I loved it so much, all the scenes were spot on and they just did such an amazing job

They did this book justice, it was so much better than the first one movie

Finnick. Sam Claflin is so hot. Like seriously he is perfect for Finnick.

message 24: by Book (new) - rated it 5 stars

Book Lover The movie is suppose to be amazing and almost exactly like the book itself or so I've heard. I can't wait to see it!

Matilda Rose Absolutely incredible. Scenes were spot on to the book and that didn't feel clunky, it worked incredibly well. I can't express how good it was! Take away the clunky awkwardness and twisted facial expressions in long periods of silence of the first book, and replace it with pure genius... :) Amazing.

message 26: by Gigi (last edited Nov 23, 2013 10:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi The movie was AWESOME I saw it yesterday, I live in a place were kissing is inappropriate so they cut out one kiss from Gale. But they skipped some stuff like that girl who brings Gale the medicine witch was seriously annoying. At the begging Finnick looked a little creepy (when he offered Katness sugar) but he still is soooo hansom. (Faint)

Osana Fonseca The movie was awesome. It was actully acurrate to the book and that is what made the movie pretty awesome. I love the movie and book, of course. Its like no words to explain it.
Here is a tip when you do go watch it try to make sure you don't sit by anyone who whoops and whistles any time someone kisses. It is going to get annoying.

Owaiz Gigi wrote: "The movie was AWESOME I saw it yesterday, I live in a place were kissing is inappropriate so they cut out one kiss from Gale. But they skipped some stuff like that girl who brings Gale the medicin..."

Same here. They cut all the kissing scenes so it looked weird. Instead of every kiss, it showed Katniss leaning close to someone, as to kiss, but suddenly move back. Sent an entirely opposite message like she was unsure or something, ughhh!

message 29: by John (new) - rated it 5 stars

John THE MOVIE HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST MOVIE ADAPTIONS EVER! IT JUST HAS TO BE.

Normally, if producers were to make a movie based from a book, they usually mess it up leaving the fans of the book disappointed. But well, not this adaption.

*Just realized that they weren't able to show the part wherein the tributes get to know their scores.
*My imagination sucked. Everything in the movie is just better, to the bridal gown/mockingjay dress down to the looks of the (monkey/gorilla) mutants. Just amazing. Hands down.

message 30: by John (new) - rated it 5 stars

John And Johanna Mason <3 Gotta love her <3

Jacqueline They did not show anyone's score for the training. Katniss and Peeta were supposed to get twelves, but they did not show it. Also, after the cornucopia was spun, they were not confused at all. They just kept going, knowing exactly where the right tree was. Other than that, though, the movie was perfect!

message 32: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara It was AWESOME!!! I normally complain about movies based on books because they never seem to live up to my imagination but this one was perfect. They did skip some scenes but it didn't effect the movie at all and everything else was amazing. The characters were legit perfect. I loved Johanna<3 And oh my god, Finnick… *swoon*

message 33: by S.K. (new) - rated it 4 stars

S.K. Gregory I LOVED the movie. It was just how I imagined the book. Really well done. Can't believe we have to wait a year for the next one tho:(

Amber The movie was amazing! I can't wait to see it again!

I love all the actors/actresses and it was an Outstanding book to movie adaptation. I can't wait for "Mockingjay" to be released into theaters (Nov. 21, 2014)

Noelle VanVleet Owaiz wrote: "Gigi wrote: "The movie was AWESOME I saw it yesterday, I live in a place were kissing is inappropriate so they cut out one kiss from Gale. But they skipped some stuff like that girl who brings Gal..."

Where is kissing considered inappropriate? I didn't know they edited films for content in theaters.

I love the movie. I thought it was fantastic. But I was disappointed that they focused more on the Gale relationship so we're left with the impression that Katniss isn't into Peeta at all and is faking everything about their relationship. Which is sad. But other than that, I really think the movie is perfect. I liked that they left out the Game-maker's watch so anyone who hasn't read the book is left in suspense thinking he's evil till the surprise at the end. So great.

Tiffany Gallant I haven't seen Catching fire yet, but do you think it is appropriate for a ten year old?

Owaiz Noelle wrote: "Where is kissing considered inappropriate? I didn't know they edited films for content in theaters."

In Pakistan! They didn't, our sensor board did, I think.

Tiffany wrote: "I haven't seen Catching fire yet, but do you think it is appropriate for a ten year old?"

I don't think so. It's emotionally charged. I was on the verge of crying.

Angel Shears Tiffany wrote: "I haven't seen Catching fire yet, but do you think it is appropriate for a ten year old?"

I took my 12 year old and he also saw the first movie. This one is about the same as the first, so depending on your child there is some violence and of course death, but it is not gory or anything.

Angel Shears The movie was awesome, just got done watching it. They included all the important parts and for once the characters in the movie lived up to the characters in the book. I have to agree that the elevator scene was funny. Can't wait till next year for the third book.

Nikita Just came home after watching Catching Fire and it was awesome. A perfect sequel to the first. Francis Lawrence is no Gary Ross but he did a very good job. They got a lot of the book and what was left out was acceptable and what was changed didn't ruin the movie. There were some scenes that I cried at and if you have seen it then you can guess which ones. Everyone involved did an amazing job bringing the characters to life.

I will be seeing this again in the near future. So looking forward to Mockingjay.

message 41: by Drew (last edited Nov 24, 2013 03:14PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Drew @Tiffany, I don't think so, but it depends on what other movies they've seen and their maturity level. I think a ten-year-old could maybe have watched the first movie, but this one had a lot more stuff in it. If they've read the book Catching Fire and that was okay, they could probably watch it. There was a lot of violence and language and a few mature scenes and references. I'd say 13+ at the youngest. The first movie was probably 11+. I would recommend they wait until they're older to watch it, maybe thirteen or fourteen. They'd probably enjoy it more too. :)

message 42: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma OMG I ALMOST BROKE DOWN CRYING!!!!*FANGIRLING*
Throughout the whole movie I knew what was going to happen next but just the idea of my favorite book made into a movie just makes me freak out. Plus, the movie was just amazing! Amazing cast! Amazing acting! This is my all time favorite movie by far! Can't wait till Mockingjay!

Oh yeah about Mockingjay, how are they going to split that movie in two when most of the book is just political stuff? The ending is where all the action is and death........

message 43: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Johanna's my favorite by the way!

Donna Excllent. Very true to the book. Though the actual Games felt a bit rushed. Loved Joanna.
I hope it won't suffer from middle film syndrome (like The Two Towers or Empire Strikes Back) and annoy those who have not read the books and don't understand wny Catching Fire ended where it did.

Amber Emma wrote: "OMG I ALMOST BROKE DOWN CRYING!!!!*FANGIRLING*
Throughout the whole movie I knew what was going to happen next but just the idea of my favorite book made into a movie just makes me freak out. Plus..."

In reference to your question about splitting the book,(I get what you are saying though about the last part of the book containing all the action.) I think they will probably stop the movie right after they save Peeta. This of course is a complete guess, but it seems like one of the better places for them to stop filming in my opinion. Its about half way through the book when they rescue Peeta and it is right before all the action starts taking place.

It annoys me that all these movies now a days are being split into two parts. But I also understand that Mockingjay is jam packed with things going on.

It stinks that we have to wait an entire year for part one to be released.

Shaye Max wrote: "did they leave in the part in the elevator?"

Yes. The Johanna scene made the cut. :)

Begüm BEST MOVİE EVER! I love Finnick!!!!! Gale and Peeta. I didn't like Peeta much in the book, but at the film OMG. You must watch it!!! The elevator part. Katniss's face vs. Peeta's and haymitch's. LOL

Shaye Noelle wrote: "Owaiz wrote: "Gigi wrote: "The movie was AWESOME I saw it yesterday, I live in a place were kissing is inappropriate so they cut out one kiss from Gale. But they skipped some stuff like that girl ..."

I thought the same thing about how they portrayed Katniss and Gale. In the second book, Katniss and Peeta's relationship really grows and I didn't see the progression of their relationship in the movie. She didn't seem conflicted at all in the movie but there is a definite triangle in the book. I wish some of the bonding scenes with Peeta had been shown. They didn't even really get their scene on the beach during the games. That was very powerful in the book.

Shaye Owaiz wrote: "Noelle wrote: "Where is kissing considered inappropriate? I didn't know they edited films for content in theaters."

In Pakistan! They didn't, our sensor board did, I think.

Tiffany wrote: "I have..."

Yes, the movie is G-rated. I think Johanna showed a shoulder in the movie. Oh and Finnick has no shirt on in a scene. Practically a cartoon as far as rating goes. IMO.

Owaiz Shaye wrote: "Yes, the movie is G-rated. I think Johanna showed a shoulder in the movie. Oh and Finnick has no shirt on in a scene. Practically a cartoon as far as rating goes. IMO. ."

I'm waiting for the movie to release so I can watch the entire movie again. It makes me uneasy watching a movie with scenes removed. It's not about the kisses; I can't help it. If any scene is removed it bugs me. There was nothing to sensor in the movie. It's just too emotional, I think; for those who've read the books especially.

Like the scene where Quarter Quell is announced. I'm looking at Katniss and I know how she feels and what she's thinking. "I'm going back to the arena."

« previous 1