The Challenge Factory discussion

The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6)
2013 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Pat & Debbie - Highland Pleasures Series

Comments Showing 1-50 of 151 (151 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16365 comments Mod
Pat and Debbie will be reading the Highland Pleasure Series starting on December 4.

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (Highland Pleasures, #2) by Jennifer Ashley The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (Highland Pleasures, #3) by Jennifer Ashley The Duke's Perfect Wife (Highland Pleasures, #4) by Jennifer Ashley A Mackenzie Family Christmas The Perfect Gift (Highland Pleasures, #4.5) by Jennifer Ashley The Seduction of Elliot McBride (Highland Pleasures, #5) by Jennifer Ashley The Untamed Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #5.5) by Jennifer Ashley The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #6) by Jennifer Ashley

PepperP0t Thanks Ezi -- we'll share with anyone else that wants to join

message 3: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pat wrote: "Thanks Ezi -- we'll share with anyone else that wants to join"

I'll be reading book 6 soon, but I will answer any questions or chip in opinions as you guys read the series

PepperP0t you know we read too fast for questions

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I'm here! I need to see which ones that I am missing because when we start reading we don't tend to stop!

message 6: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Debbie wrote: "I'm here! I need to see which ones that I am missing because when we start reading we don't tend to stop!"

You got a couple of weeks.

LOL at Pat. You sure do read FAST

PepperP0t ready for this Debbie?

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments Pat wrote: "ready for this Debbie?"

Yep, and I will try to keep up with you. Try is the key word of the day....!!

PepperP0t smarty sandals.

I started and am on chapter 4

seems odd, but I like it I think

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I am about to start chapter 4. So far so good and it's going fast.

message 11: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

I don't want to ruin anything for you but after you read the book, read this and it will help you understand about Ian better

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger...

(view spoiler)

PepperP0t this book is so fast!

what do you think of Ian? Beth?

message 13: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Dec 04, 2013 01:35PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pat wrote: "this book is so fast!

what do you think of Ian? Beth?"

Umm, Ian was too weird and Beth was too patient. sometimes it felt like...wait, are you talking to me or Debbie...or both? (LOL)

message 14: by PepperP0t (last edited Dec 04, 2013 01:40PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

PepperP0t Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "I don't want to ruin anything for you but after you read the book, read this and it will help you understand about Ian better

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger...

[spoilers removed]"

familiar -- a nephew. it took forever to diagnose, my sister was going nuts cuz nothing worked

PepperP0t Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "Pat wrote: "this book is so fast!

what do you think of Ian? Beth?"

Umm, Ian was too weird and Beth was too patient. sometimes it felt like...wait, are you talking to me or Debbie...or both? (LOL)"

either actually your message didn't come up until I had written and neither had Debbie's

message 16: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pat wrote: "Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "I don't want to ruin anything for you but after you read the book, read this and it will help you understand about Ian better

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperge..."

Ok. Then you are set. I hope you like the book as much as I did

PepperP0t she's met Fellows for the 2nd time

PepperP0t she's met Fellows for the 2nd time

PepperP0t i'm about 60% Deb, how are you doing?

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I'm about 40 percent. Had 3 classes tonight so I read between classes. I'll have more time to read tomorrow.

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 355 comments Hey ladies I will jump in with you all when you hit book 3.

I just finished book 2 last week.

PepperP0t Hey Dawn, we'd be glad to have ya! I remember you joking about book 2 not getting read as scheduled.

Which book are you on Ezi?

Its likely I'll be done tonite Debbie if not I'll be very close.

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I am hoping to be done by tomorrow, but this is finals week so I'm busy with last minute grades and admin stuff. U can go ahead and start 2 if you want to.

message 24: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pat wrote: "Hey Dawn, we'd be glad to have ya! I remember you joking about book 2 not getting read as scheduled.

Which book are you on Ezi?

Its likely I'll be done tonite Debbie if not I'll be very close."

The most current book, the one released a couple weeks or so ago: Book 6: The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #6) by Jennifer Ashley

I have also read the 2 novellas

message 25: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

how do you like it so far?

PepperP0t I like it. I had to stop and take my bath but I'm back in London at Mrs. Palmer's place. I have about 40pages left.

PepperP0t Debbie wrote: "I am hoping to be done by tomorrow, but this is finals week so I'm busy with last minute grades and admin stuff. U can go ahead and start 2 if you want to."

I don't wanna get too far ahead of you. I have plenty to keep me busy til you're ready to start book 2

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments Pat wrote: "Debbie wrote: "I am hoping to be done by tomorrow, but this is finals week so I'm busy with last minute grades and admin stuff. U can go ahead and start 2 if you want to."

I don't wanna get too fa..."

After my students present their final presentations today, I am free to read. I am now about 60% complete and really enjoy it so far.

PepperP0t I finished before bed and really liked it.

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments Finished! I really liked it. Wasn't sure about Beth at first! I hope all of the series goes this quickly.

PepperP0t me too. hart was a little difficult to take and what about mrs. palmer?

PepperP0t do you wanna start book 2 Saturday? I want to finish this one and tomorrow's really busy for me.

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I'm not sure what to think of Mrs. Palmer - jury is still out on her!! Sat is good for me also.

PepperP0t they may as well come back in now, but Saturday it is.

PepperP0t I can finally start on Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (Highland Pleasures, #2) by Jennifer Ashley

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I have had a very busy day and just got home. My husband now wants to watch a movie. I may not get much reading done tonight. Oh well tomorrow is another day.

PepperP0t we have a movie date at 8:00 so I know how that works, I didn't get a chance to start either. he's popping the corn and I've got to get the drinks. we'll get it done. i'm starting this tomorrow as well.

PepperP0t I read about an hour or so before bed and some this morning, I only have about 10pages to go - I think this book is reading itself, but I really like it.

mac is just devastatingly wicked!

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I'm only on chapter 8. I was exhausted from marching with the band in the parade. This 48 year old can't keep up with these teenagers!! After movie night, I stretched out and fell asleep! I plan to read some later today after errands. It is good and I can't wait to find out what happens to Mac and Isabella!! He is lustful!!!

PepperP0t and she's definitely not far behind.

all that fresh air will knock you out! you know fresh air is for kids (*snicker)

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments It was freezing and not to mention walking a mile smiling and throwing candy. Of course then we had to walk back in the rain no less. If I hear jingle bells melody anytime soon I am going to throw something! Fresh air wore my kid out - she came home and took a 2 hour nap!!

PepperP0t it got really ugly by us about 6pm with heavy cold rain and I don't envy you being in it. we've got pretty much the same right now but it does seem to be intermittent

I'm done by the way! so, so loved it! we can still chat about it what's happening where you are?

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 355 comments You gals are reading fast looks like I ought to get a copy of three soon.

message 44: by Debbie (Doc) (last edited Dec 08, 2013 02:42PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I'm only at 35%. I'm at (view spoiler)

I should be finished tomorrow and ready to start book 3 on Tuesday. Pat and Dawn - will you be ready? I can easily read something else if you want to wait.

PepperP0t i'm fine for book 3 on Tuesday
yea Dawn time to get book 3

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments Loved this book!!! Pat, what did you think of the situation with Aimee?

message 47: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dang, you all are really going to catch up to me. I had planned on reading book 6 in Jan...but if you get to it this month, I will join you

PepperP0t so did I Debbie -- it looks like it's gonna be Lady Aimee! but that she was the other guys. talk about envy! wow, he truly had a case of it.

i'll be ready to start tomorrow Debbie. I'm finishing off a lucky harbor book.

Oh! Ezi you were "anxious" about Logan coming back he was in book 2.5, so his ending was before Chloe's.

Dawn obviously forgot how we inhaled The League (we read all 5 books in less than a week and a couple of them were hefty!) She thought we were still on book one and we were done and ready to close the thread.

as long as we both like it Ezi we'll probably keep zipping thru them.

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 355 comments I ordered it from the library. It's ready to pick up. I'll try to make it and get it tonight.

I may not be able to keep up with you ladies on this one. But I'll chime in when I can.

It is my week to teach art classes this week. I've got a big Girl Scout event this Friday night, and I've got a sick kid on top o it all.

Should probably order book 4 from the library now too.

PepperP0t sorry Nurse Dawn and yes you should pick up the next one

« previous 1 3 4