Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Bulletin Board > Exchange Reviews on kindle amazon

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pam (new)

Pam Kesterson (pkesters) | 17 comments Hello, I'll review 104 Funny Thanksgiving Knock Knock Jokes.

It will be listed for free on 11/27 and 11/28. You can either grab it then or let me know which form you'd like me to send you a review copy.

Please see my Amazon book link below:
http://www.amazon.com/Eternal-Infinit...

Thanks,

Pam Kesterson
]Eternal Infinite

message 2: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Keefer | 20 comments Hey! I'm game...author of Blood Vengeance and Coming Home...send me a PM...!

TinaNicole ☠ Le Book Nikita ☠ (tinanicole) | 121 comments Mahala wrote: "Hi! I'm Mahala and doing a review exchange especially one where one author promises only 4 and 5 star reviews is frowned on at Amazon.

So I'll just make a ss of this convo and keep an eye out for ..."

:snort

message 4: by Ryan (new)

Ryan O Williams | 8 comments I do read and download books I review, if book is not worth 3 star rating I will message the author.And let them work on items before I review give a higher rating.
I'm not going to give a 5 star rating when I know a eBook has not earned it yet. So if I buy read then review and all i ask is for you do to the same. what wrong with that.

TinaNicole ☠ Le Book Nikita ☠ (tinanicole) | 121 comments Ryan wrote: "I do read and download books I review, if book is not worth 3 star rating I will message the author.And let them work on items before I review give a higher rating.
I'm not going to give a 5 star r..."

Reviews at Amazon are supposed to be customer reviews, Ryan. Regardless of TOS, you can't see why any reviews given this way would seem dishonest and biased? Especially since the more authors you write 4-5 star reviews for, the more you get in return?

Do you put a disclaimer on the review? Explain that you are an author yourself and read it in exchange for a review on your own work?

message 6: by Ryan (new)

Ryan O Williams | 8 comments OK your right, Mahala,you win! maybe I should just stop writing, altogether then. I tried to come here and ask for help.

TinaNicole ☠ Le Book Nikita ☠ (tinanicole) | 121 comments Ryan wrote: "OK your right, Mahala,you win! maybe I should just stop writing, altogether then. I tried to come here and ask for help."

Oh, don't be a baby.

TinaNicole ☠ Le Book Nikita ☠ (tinanicole) | 121 comments This has also already been brought to your attention, Ryan.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 9: by Ryan (new)

Ryan O Williams | 8 comments Hey I'm new here, and most authors are just buying, reviews. Most people go to sites like fiverr and just buy verified reviews, they also have web sites that offer this as well.(Black Hat methods)Which I am not willing to do!
I don't like giving poor reviews to someone who has spent so much time in creating their work. I rather message them. Until they reach 4-5 star rating.I understand now that this was wrong. Mahala thank you for your criticism, and I don't want to violate any rules. This has been a learning experience,I'm just going to have to let my works grow naturally.

message 10: by TinaNicole ☠ Le Book Nikita ☠ (last edited Nov 24, 2013 01:30PM) (new)

TinaNicole ☠ Le Book Nikita ☠ (tinanicole) | 121 comments Ryan wrote: "Hey I'm new here, and most authors are just buying, reviews. Most people go to sites like fiverr and just buy verified reviews, they also have web sites that offer this as well.(Black Hat methods)W..."

It's usually a pretty good idea to at least browse through a sites TOS and FAQ's before you start posting. If not that, just browse the site in general to try and get a feel for the way things are done.

Especially on a site like Amazon where you're selling a product and here where you're soliciting that product. This is a great place to get yourself and your writing noticed. It's up to you to make sure what you put out there is what you want noticed.

Oh, and review swapping is often just as bad as buying them in a lot of people's eyes. Don't be afraid of negative reviews. They often sell books and having a wide range looks better all around. Nobody loves everything so any books with all 4-5 star reviews look suspicious to buyers.

You seem like a decent person, Ryan, and we all make mistakes. Where we go from those mistakes is what's really important. Best of luck to you.

eta: sorry, Mahala. Should've refreshed sooner. Though, GMTA, eh? ;-)

TinaNicole ☠ Le Book Nikita ☠ (tinanicole) | 121 comments Mahala wrote: "TinaNicole (Le Book Nikita) wrote: "Ryan wrote: "Hey I'm new here, and most authors are just buying, reviews. Most people go to sites like fiverr and just buy verified reviews, they also have web s..."

He doesn't, no.

Ryan, this is the link to the Author Program. It tells you step by step how to claim your profile and a lot of other helpful things.

message 12: by Ryan (new)

Ryan O Williams | 8 comments Thanks, a lot ill start reading up. I only been here about a week or so! didn't know anything about a Author Program.