Victorian Era England(roleplay) discussion

The city > Hyde Park

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The rich and wealthy come here.

message 2: by Terra (new)

Terra Joey rode Thomson into Hyde Park. "Never actually been inside the park before." He told Cambria as the sound of the horse's hooves clip-clopped on the cobblestone street. "I never really had the time to, since I've been taking care of my mother and little brother and sister."

message 3: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

Hennessy (Angel_of_Wyrd) (goodreadscomangelofwyrd) | 102 comments Mod
Cambria listened as he spoke. "My older brother used to come here with me when we were younger." She said. "Not so much no though due to his growing responsibilites." She sighed. Sometimes she truly missed the company of the elder brother she had only a few years ago.

message 4: by Terra (new)

Terra "Maybe when he has the time, you can ask him to come to the park with you." Joey suggested. "It might be a good chance for him to escape his responsibilities, if only for a little bit."

message 5: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

"Escape is something we all need sometimes I suppose." Cabria sighed. "I will do that sometime Joey." She spurred her horse a bit faster with a laugh.

message 6: by Terra (new)

Terra Joey smiled, and urged Thomson into a trot, catching up with Snow and her rider. "What's your favorite part about the park?" He asked, looking around at the beautiful scenery. He felt out of place here; everyone here was wealthy and dressed in expensive clothes. He was far from wealthy, and his clothes were worn and covered in stains.

message 7: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

Camria thought on the question for a bit before answering. "The park is a place that is big enough for everyone to have their own space. You can be alone without having someone looking over your shoulder. You can feel free if only for a short time." Yes, that was what she loved best about the park.

message 8: by Terra (new)

Terra "Sounds nice." Joey commented, and spotted a robin in the tree he just passed. "Maybe I'll come here again sometime, if I have the time."

message 9: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

"I'm sure that would be lovely." Cambria commented with a gently smile. She admired the peace in the park as the rode. "If you ever care for company let me know."

message 10: by Terra (new)

Terra "Thank you, Miss St. Aubyn." Joey replied, giving Cambria a sad smile. "I would appreciate that." Secretly, he worried about all the wealthy standing around them. He could see them staring at him, and although everybody had a right to come to Hyde Park, he had a feeling that poor citizens rarely went here. What if having Cambria being seen with me puts a bad light on her reputation? He wondered. He wouldn't want that to happen. He already had glares thrown his way just by being who he was; he didn't want Cambria to receive those kinds of looks from people. She had enough pressure on her shoulders already from her responsibilities.

message 11: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

Cambria saw the nervous way he was casting his eyes about. "Relax. They have to get used to this sort of thing. Change happens a little at a time. Someone just has to be bold enough to initiate it." Cambria believed that there were flaws in society but as a woman there wasn't much she could do. That was one of the flaws. But someone like Joey, someone young, could possibly change things one day.

message 12: by Terra (new)

Terra Joey sighed. "You're right." He said, his smile brightening at Cambria's words. "They just have to get used to it." He flicked the reins and Thomson walked a bit faster, pulling ahead of Snow and Cambria.

message 13: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

Cambria watched him go ahead of her: head held high, smile on his face. She felt something close to pride. He gave her hope, hope for a better time to come. "Of course I'm right." She said with a smile.

message 14: by Terra (new)

Terra Joey looked back at Cambria. "So, can you show me your favorite spot?" He asked her.

message 15: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

"Over there." Cambria pointed to the spread of trees that edged one side of the park. "I like to walk throught there. It's very peaceful because others tend not to pay it any mind."

message 16: by Terra (new)

Terra "Ah.." Joey replied, steering Thomson towards the trees she had mentioned. "Do you mind if we ride through there, my Lady?"

message 17: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

"Of course not!" Cambria said excitedly. "I'd love to." She steered Snow towards the trees. The horse whinnied as if she was just as excited as her mistress. Maybe she was.

message 18: by Terra (new)

Terra Joey laughed, and urged Thomson a bit faster as the old horse fell behind. Thomson nickered and flicked his ears, falling into step beside the younger horse.

message 19: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

Snow threw her head a bit and Cambria brought her back under control. She couldn'g make too big of a scene here in Hyde Park. She was still Cambria St. Aubyn.

message 20: by Terra (new)

Terra "Do you need help with your horse, Miss St. Aubyn?" Joey asked, noticing the movement Snow had made. Thomson neighed nervously, and the boy patted the horse's neck. "Easy boy." Joey said, and Thomson calmed down.

message 21: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

"Oh, no thank you." Cambria relpied. "She was simply feeding off of my energy." Cambria brought the horse back under control but her own joy and feelings of freedom had been passed on to the horse. They were free spirits for the moment.

message 22: by Terra (new)

Terra Joey nodded. "Horses are very sensitive when it comes to their rider's emotions. They're very intelligent, almost as smart as dogs, or so my father used to say." He scratched an area behind Thomson's ear that he knew the horse liked. "Although..." He started, smiling down at the horse. "This one here is a bit loopy if you ask me." Thomson snorted and purposefully walked into some low-hanging tree branches, causing a few of them to whack Joey in the face. "I was just kiddin' with ya." Joey remarked, rubbing his now sore cheek. The horse whinnied, and it sounded like a laugh.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Delilah and Shoshone rode into Hyde Park. She looked around from her horses back spotting a St. Auybn crew, she cast them a glare.

message 24: by Terra (new)

Terra Joey noticed Delilah and looked over at Cambria. "Who's she?" He asked, gesturing to Delilah.