Justice League Advanced RP discussion

Creation > Create A Superhero

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Avril of Themyscira (last edited Nov 21, 2013 11:58AM) (new)

Avril of Themyscira | 130 comments Mod
***REMOVE ALL DOTS TO MAKE IT PRETTY!! NEEDS MY APPROVAL!! :)***

<.i><.b>"Quote by your character here"<./b><./i>
------------------------------------------------

<.b>Basics<./b>
<.i>Name:<./i>
<.i>Aliase(s):<./i>
<.i>Status of Identity:<./i> (i.e. Secret or public)

<.i>Age:<./i>
<.i>Date of Birth:<./i>
<.i>Place of Birth:<./i>
<.i>Race:<./i>

<.i>Gender:<./i>
<.i>Sexuality:<./i> (Please try and keep this mostly canonical, as far as whether or not they were straight in the comics if you are claiming an original character)
<.i>Relationship Status:<./i>
<.i>Crush:<./i>

<.b>Appearance<./b>
<.i>Physical appearance:<./i> (Must be face claimed and be a real person)
<.img src="http://www.goodreads.com/image..." width="40" height="100" alt="description"./>
<.img src="http://www.goodreads.com/image..." width="40" height="100" alt="description"./>
<.i>Costume:<./i> (If claiming an original character, who has had different costumes, please choose your favorite)
<.img src="http://www.goodreads.com/image..." width="40" height="100" alt="description"/.>
<.i>Hair Color:<./i>
<.i>Eye Color:<./i>
<.i>Height:<./i>
<.i>Weight:<./i>
<.i>Bodily Structure:<./i>

<.b>Into The Mind<./b>
<.i>History:<./i> (At least one paragraph)

<.i>Personality:<./i>

<.i>Abilities:<./i>

<.i>Powers:<./i>

<.i>Family/Friends:<./i>

<.i>Pets:<./i>

message 2: by Avril of Themyscira (last edited Nov 23, 2013 05:39PM) (new)

"Heroes always make a difference."

Basics
Name: Carter Hall
Aliase(s): Hawkman
Status of Identity: Secret

Age: Born during the reign of Ramasses II in the 19th dynasty of Ancient Egypt, reincarnated into new life each time he dies
Date of Birth: See above.
Place of Birth: New York
Race: Egyptian, German, (see other past lives) Thangarian

Sexuality: straight
Relationship Status: married to Shiera Sanders (Hawkgirl)
Crush: married, though it would be his wife

Appearance
Physical appearance: (Must be face claimed and be a real person)

Costume:

Hair Color: brown
Eye Color: blue
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 195 lbs
Bodily Structure: As crime fighting dominates his life, he spends his every opportunity, and thus is perfectly and overly muscular

Into The Mind
History: Originally Prince Khufu of ancient Egypt, the hero who would become known as Hawkman discovered an alien spacecraft from the planet Thanagar, powered by a mysterious anti-gravity element called Nth Metal. The unearthly energies of the metal transformed his soul, and he and his love Princess Chay-Ara were reincarnated over and over for centuries. Currently he is Carter Hall, archaeologist and adventurer.[1]
Ancient Egyptian Origins

Prince Khufu lived during the reign of Ramesses II in the 19th dynasty of ancient Egypt. Khufu believed that his ka, or soul, would not journey on to the land of the afterlife. Rather, his soul and that of his betrothed, Chay-Ara, were fated to remain in the mortal world.
Thanagarian Connection

As prophesied by the wizard Nabu, a space ship landed in Egypt. Prince Khufu, Nabu, and the champion Teth Adam searched the desert, finally coming across the remains of a Thanagarian ship styled with a hawk-like motif. Nabu cast a spell translating the strange language of the female space traveler. Just before dying, she whispered the words, "Nth Metal", the name of the substance that powered the downed ship.

Teth-Adam lifted the ship back to Khufu's palace, where it was studied inside the Temple of Horus at Erdu. The remaining Nth metal was examined, and its most obvious property proves to be its ability to negate gravity. The remaining sample from the ship was melted and used to create several remarkable devices, including a scarab which allowed Khufu to fly, a deadly knife, and a battle glove referred to as the Claw of Horus. However, the metal also strengthened the souls of Khufu and Chay-Ara, binding them together in their love and imprinting them with the collective knowledge of Thanagar. Although the villainous priest Hath-Set murdered the two with the knife of Nth metal, their souls lived on in the mortal plane. They were reincarnated over many lifetimes, always finding true love in each other. However, they were cursed to be repeatedly killed at the hands of a reincarnated Hath-Set.
From Khufu to Carter Hall

After his death, Khufu's soul was reincarnated countless times in markedly different eras and locations. Some of his known reincarnated identities have included:

Brian Kent (also known as the Silent Knight), alive during 5th century Britain, lover of Lady Celia Penbrook;
Koenrad Von Grimm, the son of a blacksmith in 14th century Germany;
Captain John Smith of the 16th century English colony in Virginia;
Hannibal Hawkes, the Nighthawk, a gun-fighter in the American Old West, lover of Cinnamon;
Detective James Wright, a Pinkerton detective in the early 20th century, lover of Sheila Carr.

Eventually, the soul of Prince Khufu was reborn as Carter Hall, an archaeologist active during the 1940s. After regaining the memories of his first and early life in Egypt, Hall used the hawk motif of the Egyptian God Horus to inspire his role as the original Hawkman.

During the same period, his love Chay-Ara was reborn as archaeologist Shiera Sanders. After the two met and married, she became Hawkgirl, fighting at Carter's side. They became founding members of the Justice Society of America, and Hawkman took the role of chairman. The pair reduced their activities in the early 1950s but became fully active again decades later when first Carter and then Sheira joined the Justice League of America (while continuing to also work with the revived JSA). The two had a son, Hector Hall, who eventually became a founding member of Infinity Inc. as the Silver Scarab, and later adopted the identity of the Sandman before becoming an incarnation of Doctor Fate. Following the event known as the Crisis on Infinite Earths, Hawkman and the JSA became trapped in a battle in an ever-repeating Ragnarok. The Norse god Odin tried unsuccessfully to give a crystal sphere containing this repeating Ragnarok to Dream, lord of the Dreaming as a trade, knowing that Dream had by this time selected Carter's grandson, Daniel Hall, as his successor. Back on Earth meanwhile, others took up the mantles of Hawkman and Hawkwoman, first Thanagarian spy Fel Andar and his human wife, and then a more benevolent pair of Thanagarians.
The Hawks Return

Years after they vanished, Hawkman and the JSA returned to the modern day when a primitive but super powered tribe volunteered to substitute themselves in the Ragnarok cycle. Soon after, however, death seemingly found Carter once again during the events of Zero Hour. He and his wife Shiera seemingly merged with Katar Hol, a Thanagarian police officer who had succeeded Carter as Hawkman in his absence, as a new incarnation of Hawkman who briefly acted as host to the mysterious "hawk god" creature. This individual was active for a short time but soon lost his sanity and was banished to Limbo (it was eventually revealed that Shiera's soul had actually migrated to the body of her great-niece, Kendra Saunders, who had committed suicide).
Alive again

Years later, JSA member Hawkgirl (Kendra Saunders) was transported to a ravaged Thanagar by the High Priests of the Downsiders. Seeking a champion to stop the evil Onimar Synn from enslaving the planet, the priests used Kendra's centuries-old connection to Carter to bring him back to the mortal plain. Following this unorthodox resurrection, Hall retained all the memories of his past lives, as well as those of Katar Hol, the Thanagarian Hawkman. It has since been stated that the soul of Katar Hol has passed on from Limbo and that Carter no longer retains his memories, though his current form still retains some of Hol's physical characteristics (notably his dark hair).

After defeating Onimar Synn, Hall once again became a member of the JSA. Operating both with the JSA and with Hawkgirl, Hall embarked on a wide variety of exotic adventures. His quest as a hero took him from the streets of St. Roch to exotic dimensions and even into outer space as he fought in the Rann-Thanagar War. Following this event, Carter stayed in space for some months in order to help mediate the truce on Rann and avenge the murder of Shayera Thal, who as Hawkwoman had been the partner of the late Katar Hol.

As a result, Hawkgirl was left by herself to patrol and protect St. Roch.

Returning to space to help during the Rann-Thanagar Holy War, Carter was approached by the Demiurge, a nameless god who inspired Plato into describing his namesake. The Demiurge denounced the cycle of incarnation and rebirths of Khufu and Chay-Ara as lies, simple grafts of the alternate versions of Carter and Shiera residing in the different worlds of the multiverse that existed before the Crisis on Infinite Earths. He informed Carter that there were "Six Aberrations" in total, including Hawkman, whose origins were muddled and damaged by the the destruction and recreation of the universe. Carter was moderately impressed, until the Demiurge inexplicably began addressing him as Katar Hol. Nothing appears to have come of this though, and it has since been stated that these events were not as they seemed.
Blackest Night

Main article: Blackest Night

Carter and Kendra were reunited, only to be attacked by Black Lanterns Ralph and Sue Dibny, who were recently resurrected by Black Power Rings, before having their hearts torn out from their bodies, and becoming undead Black Lanterns themselves.

However, by the end of the horrific crisis, Carter and Shiera Hall (no longer looking like or believing herself to be the deceased Kendra), along with ten other people, were reanimated by the power of the White Lantern.

Personality:
If there is one things multiple lives teaches you, it is to have an open mind and to never take things for granted. With a resounding ability to see the bigger picture in many situations, his morals are firm and sound. Yet no one is as important to him as his wife Shiera, and his judgement is often faulty and easily manipulated by her. He is good natured and kind yet firm, and often does not feel a need to waste words.

Abilities:
Weaponry: Due to his multiple incarnations and having memories of all of his past lives, Khufu/Hall has become proficient in many types of weaponry. As a result, he is an expert with a wide array of archaic weapons from his past lives, including battle axes, maces, swords, spears and shields. As Nighthawk, he was a marksman with a pistol. In addition, Carter Hall is sometimes depicted handling futuristic technology. He has used a Thanagarian ship called "The Brontadon", and during the Rann-Thanagar War used Rannian hard-light armor. Hawkman is even depicted using technologically advanced laser weaponry in a possible future.

Reincarnated Knowledge: Due to his many lives and vast amount of experience, Hall is a brilliant tactician, fierce warrior, and strong leader. At the same time, however, he is extremely intelligent (considered a leader in his field of history and archaeology) and expresses a deeply romantic side in relation to his beloved soul-mate. Often, Carter finds it difficult to balance between the "barbarian" of his past lives and the "gentleman" of his current incarnation.
Tactical Analysis
Leadership
Archaeology
Historiography
Multilingualism

Powers:
Flight: given by his large, bird-like wings

Blessing: Carter Hall was a priest in a past life, and still possesses the ability to bless mundane objects. For example, by muttering a prayer in front of a building's sprinkler system, he was once able to convert the water into Holy Water in order to destroy a vampire.

Family/Friends:
Shiera Sanders Hall (wife)
Hector Hall (son, deceased)
Hippolyta Trevor-Hall (daughter-in-law, deceased) Daniel Hall (grandson)
Norda Cantrell (Northwind) (god-son)

message 3: by \*E!*z|e|r|0*/ (new)

\*E!*z|e|r|0*/ (zero0nea) | 2 comments Hey Avril thanks for adding me to the group. Im having a little trouble finding were to post for a hero i'd like to be. Superman is definitely my choice if not already taken.

Make your character here! Head to face claims first to claim whichever actor you would like for his appearance then come here and make his profile :)

message 5: by \*E!*z|e|r|0*/ (new)

\*E!*z|e|r|0*/ (zero0nea) | 2 comments aah ok. Ill make a superman profile for face and details tonight, and hopefully give him more detail tomorrow night.

message 6: by Avril of Themyscira (last edited Nov 25, 2013 09:24PM) (new)

"Why? Why did I let him go? Because I was him, once. Lost, confused, hopeless."

Basics
Name: Alice Conner Connaway
Aliase(s): Shockwave
Status of Identity: secret

Date of Birth: January 1st, 12:00 a.m. (As she doesn't know, this is the date she decided upon)
Place of Birth: Somewhere near Metropolis
Race: human, of Northern European ancestry and descent

Relationship Status: single
Crush: Barry Allen

Appearance
Physical appearance:

Costume:
https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...
Hair Color: dirty blonde
Eye Color: electric green
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 143 lbs
Bodily Structure: As a mentally and physically advanced human, trained for fighting since birth, she is rock hard muscle.

Into The Mind
History:
The following is contained only in top secret Lexcorp files, as Alice knows nearly nothing about her birth. She was fathered and carried by two LexCorp scientists, who did so for the express reason of the advancement of science.

<.i>Personality:<./i>

<.i>Abilities:<./i>

<.i>Powers:<./i>

<.i>Family/Friends:<./i>

<.i>Pets:<./i>

**WORK IN PROGRESS**

Great!

Sure! Watchtower?

Wait where? Can you post first?

Made it!

message 11: by Alex (new)

Alex (alice-andwendy) Hey Avril, so I have a couple things, one, i've replied on all our rps, two, I finished my character on Autumn Falls, and three, you said you wanted to make a girlfriend for Nanuk, would you still be willing to?

Approved, I replied, and yes thank you for reminding me!

message 13: by Avril of Themyscira (last edited Nov 26, 2013 11:41AM) (new)

"Why? Why did I let him go? Because I was him, once. Lost, confused, hopeless."

Basics
Name: Alice Conner Connaway
Aliase(s): Shockwave
Status of Identity: secret

Date of Birth: January 1st, 12:00 a.m. (As she doesn't know, this is the date she decided upon)
Place of Birth: Somewhere near Metropolis
Race: human, of Northern European ancestry and descent

Relationship Status: single
Crush: Barry Allen

Appearance
Physical appearance:

Costume:
https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...
Hair Color: dirty blonde
Eye Color: electric green
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 143 lbs
Bodily Structure: As a mentally and physically advanced human, trained for fighting since birth, she is rock hard muscle.

Into The Mind
History:
The following is contained only in top secret Lexcorp files, as Alice knows nearly nothing about her birth. She was fathered and carried by two LexCorp scientists, who did so for the express reason of the advancement of science. She was experimented on and advanced so her body became a sort of superhuman, physically more advanced than other humans. She was then trained, from childhood on, to be a sort of super soldier for Lex Luthor. Her training served her well, and she often was capable of bringing fully grown members of the Justice League close to death. At the age of twenty, however, everything changed. She had begun to question her supervisors', and, eventually, Luthor's methods and morals. So she ran away. Ran away from the compound she had always lived in. From everything she had ever known. With Luthor's men hunting her. One day, as she was trying to steal food for survival, the police caught her. So she did what anyone would do and used her powers. The Justice League were immediately dispatched, or rather a small group of Flash, Green Arrow and Superman. She dodged most of the arrows, and burned the Flash in fear, yet was ultimately held back by Superman, and taken to the watchtower. After much reconditioning and unsure months, she is now a respected and trustworthy member of the team.

Personality:
Raised in a lab facility with little contact to others, and no children to play with, she is often socially awkward and emotionally reserved. Yet she enjoys laughing more than anything, and likes to use her wit. She is extremely hard-headed and determined in her beliefs, and is extremely hard headed at times.

Abilities:
Expert in hand to hand combat, the only other person who can pull off the quadruple somersalt, which was indeed taught to her by Nightwing.

Powers:
Supernatural Condition- She is, in sense, a superhuman, bred for battle. She has increased stamina, endurance and durability. Additionally, hand to hand combat is her expertise and she has strength more powerful than Wonderwoman's, but not even comparable to Superman's power. She has double the flexibility and agility of an average person, enabling her to fight like a pro.
Molecular Manipulation- This enables her to control someone or something's molecules. The main use of this power is that she can heat up or freeze things, or create a falsely gaseous state to make someone fly back when hit or kick, but she can also create a powerful shock wave by either hitting the ground or clapping her hands together.

Family/Friends:
no family
Closest friends are the justice league

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) Can I claim Batman?

message 15: by QUEEN (new)

QUEEN | 2 comments Can I claim any original characters, If so I'd wish to claim Starfire and Raven

message 16: by QUEEN (new)

QUEEN | 2 comments ???