The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2) The Two Towers discussion

Review

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucas (new)

Lucas The book “The Two Towers” has left me wanting more leaving my mind in an adventure and vace imagery has made me feel as if I was in the book itself. The book starts off when Frodo and Sam start a long journey to mordor in hops in destroying the ring although this journey seems impossible for only two small hobbits from the shire they still proceed with the task in hands. This carats a journey of its own as a character named Aragorn and accompanied by a Elf and Dwarf whose names are Legolas the Elf and Gimli the Dwarf. Aragorn is determined to meet up with the two hobbits to protect and guide the to safely to Mordor this is not easy for either the hobbits nower Aragorn for both will encounter obstacles and a few roadblocks along the way as Saruman is in the process of creating an army so large almost unthinkable to imagine full of Orcs and men who Saruman has convinced to a “Evil” calling. the hope of humanity dwindles as Saruman Forces move throughout Middle earth destroying what ever get in the way its now to Frodo and Sam to save all of humanity.

This book deals with the theme of good and overcoming evil and also how important teamwork is to meeting your goals. If it was not for the teamwork shown throughout book they would not have overcome the problems that they faced and the journey would be impossible. After reading this book I would like to this book 5 stars because when reading the book came alive I felt as if I was in the book itself. I am completely convinced that everyone will feel the same way after reading The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien.

Brian I like turtles

Mandy Doesn't make much sense if you skip Fellowship of the Ring and don't conclude w/The Return of the King- this is the middle of that trilogy which is set after the Hobbit.

Feliks I think its the best part of the trilogy, though. Its action packed and very direct. Its not saddled with any extra tasks which weigh down the other two installments. Unlike the first book, here all the primary characters have already been introduced... and unlike the final book it doesn't have to go all-out spectacular and strain to wrap everything up in grand fashion. The middle part of any story is usually the best!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli made a great team. Sam was loyal and lovable, and Gandolf was awesome. All these characters were my equal favorites. I love the entire Lord of the Rings series, and I am loving the Hobbit books as well as LOTR. I am also enjoying the movies as well. Being a writer, I find J.R.R. Tolkien to be an outstanding legend to study and learn from. He inspires me like no other writer. He was a master at the art of storytelling.