Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > The Irony of Two Wes Moores

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (jactar) | 12 comments There is a book called "The Other Wes Moore." There happen to be two unrelated authors, both named "Wes Moore." There are two copies of "The Other Wes Moore" listed, one under each of the Wes Moores. I am trying to combine them under the correct Wes Moore (the Rhodes Scholar, not the founder of Evidence America), but I'm not sure how to do it.

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments You can find a list of all known Wes Moores here:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/simi...

(You get to it via edit author profile -> similar names.)

Note the "X spaces" in each description. This tells you how the authors are separated ("disambiguated"). To move a book from one author to another, edit all editions of the book and put the correct number of spaces before the author's last name in the author field. You can double-check this by opening the edit page for the author or one of their books; otherwise all of the spaces just look like one.

Or, if you'd rather not dive down that rabbit hole, just post links to the book and the authors and let someone else deal with it. Thank you for sharing the laugh on this one! :) I'll leave it for you to fix unless you'd rather not.