Mr. Kovach 4th and 5th period reading group discussion

reading questions of the week due 11-22-13

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mr. Kovach (last edited Nov 22, 2013 04:10AM) (new)

Mr. Kovach (ckovachfranklinboeorg) | 25 comments Mod
1) Because of the work you did with your book club project group, what is the most important thing you learned about your book? Explain your answer.

2) What is the most important thing you learned about working in a team?

3) Whatever team you'll be working with next time we do a project, what does the team need to do better than your current team did?

4) When we write or draw about our books, why do we use thinking prompts?

5) Look at another student's bookshelves. What is one book you found that you would like to read? Why did you select this book?

6) Write a short story about something that happened at school, but add a fantasy element. Your story should be about as long as what would look like a page on lined paper. BE SURE TO INCLUDE:
- correctly punctuated dialogue
- setting description
- sound
- action
- emotion
- a fantasy element

message 2: by Aaron (last edited Nov 21, 2013 03:56PM) (new)

Aaron | 23 comments 1) I learned that my book teaches you patience and to be who you are. My book helps you learn to wait and sometimes things will come to you. As was the case for Fabrizio waiting for his wand. It helps you learn the importance of being a good person.
2) The most important thing I learned about working in a team is to give a hundred percent and put in a lot of effort to help everyone in the team.
3) The next team I work with could do better at working as a group and communicating with each other so we all can help each other as a team.
4) We use thinking prompts to help us expand our thoughts and to help find connections. We also use them to help us think on a deeper level.
5) The book I found on Michael's bookshelf that I would like to read is Shattered Peace. I selected this book because it looks like it could be filled with a lot of action and mystery which are two things I really like in a book.
6) "Come on Michael! Let's go out for recess, "yelled Aaron. Bang! The doors flew open as we ran out to the playground. It was a cold day and the grass was high as we reached the playground. We were all bundled up in our coats to go outside to play. Michael was feeling sad that day because he got a bad grade in school. I thought I could cheer Michael up by playing with him at recess.

We decided to go to the football field and when we stepped on the field the first thing we both said is, "What is that!" Then we ran over and saw a bright and shiny golden key. We knew that the key was not for the school because it didn't look like a key for any lock in our school. It almost looked like a key to a magic castle.

We looked everywhere until we both saw a big house at the edge of the field that looked like the key would fit. So we walked up to the door and put the key in the lock and it fit. When we opened the door of the house Michael and I both said, "OH my gosh!" We could not believe what was before our eyes.

The house was set up like they were having an amazing party. There was cake and ice cream and all the candy you could want. The decorations of balloons and streamers were everywhere. In the middle of the room there was a big sign that said, "Congratulations you are a great kid!" Michael realized even though this party was not for him that he was meant to find the key so that he would not feel so bad anymore. Both Michael and I promised to try harder next time and not let this bad grade stop us from both being great kids.

message 3: by Bryanna (last edited Nov 22, 2013 07:53AM) (new)

Bryanna marie  vazquez | 17 comments 1.) I Learned that in my book it teaches you that you can't always trust everyone that you meet because there always not what they seem.It helps you realize even though stuff happen in life that life still goes go so never forget that.
2.) The most important thing i learned while working in my groups was you have to give 100% and not to complain about how much work you have.
3.) The next team i work with could do better at not complaining about there work and doing their work and keeping up with there time.
4.) We use thinking prompts to push our thinking and to write longer about our books.
5.) I looked at Tatiana's book shelve and i would like to read Alice In Zombieland because it looks intesting and its a mystery book.
6.) "Come on tata we have to go to the store" said Bryanna. "It's raining and storming i'm not going ANYWERE"
"It's fine"tatiana said. It was a rainy stormy afternoon sunday night and everyone was in there houses. Tatiana and i were heading outside and she had a really scaring face on her face like she was gonna die

message 4: by chris (new)

chris | 19 comments 1.i learned that in my book they are stranded
2.i learned to give and put a lot of work
3.i cold do better at drawing better
4.we used the books to help us
5.i found the hunger games which i really like
6.sound of the forest was quiet the setting was a mysterious forest the emotion was sad and the fantasy element is because there are monsters and people that can fly

message 5: by Jocelyn (last edited Nov 24, 2013 08:33AM) (new)

Jocelyn Galindo | 18 comments 1.) One of the most important thing i learned was how to be patient. I had a problem with that back then. I learned that if people are calmer that I don't have any reason to yell.
2.) The most important thing i learned about working in a group is that people can work together if they work hard and do what they are suppose to do. Everyone did their job in my group and I am happy I got to work with them.
3.) My next group will have to work hard just like my group did this time. I loved my group and i don't want to get split up from them. My group did everything they were suppose to do.
4.) We use thinking prompts on writing and drawings about our book because we need to explain our thinking or why we draw or wrote this.
5.) Sarah lived in a small town in California. She was the girl that was different, the girl that didn't care anymore about anything. She was different because she had magical powers that only she knew about. Know one knew ever understood why. She one day opened her gym locker and she found a guider.
"WHO ARE YOU!" She yelled in fear. One thing she didn't know is that she didn't know was that she was the only one that could see that magical creature.
"Don't be scared my darling come with me and i will show you all the answers to your questions.
The little magical green floating magical creature grabbed Sarah by the hand and pulled her in the gym locker. Everyone stayed in shock. That was the last anyone has seen Sarah.

message 6: by Kyana (new)

Kyana | 20 comments 1. the most imporant thing i learned in my book and my book club was that Morwenna went in battle and i never knew that because as on of my partners drew a drawing of her doing some spells and her making all the people she's fighting into her slaves as they did with her.

2.The most imporant thing i learned from working in a group was that you have to work as a team and have effort and make sure you finsh on time and how you do that is you have to work together and thats how you finsh faster.

3.what my team next time we do a project, is to work togather and no distractions when we work in a group and also what we need to do next time is put in more effort then we had last time in my old group.

4. We use thinking prompts because it helps us remember what the book was talking about and also it helps us when we talk to people in are group when we are talking about are books. We also use thinking prompts when we write long about are books by using the prompts to put in are writing.

5.I went on jocelyn's book shelf and i saw the book names "Some One Like You" i would like to read this book because it talk about romance and i love books that have romantic things in it. And it talks abot how a married girl and her husband dye on the same day as Jocelyn had told me

6. "OMG there is a fight in the lunch room"
Lissete had told Kyana. Kyana was shocked when Lissete told her who the girls were. Kyana never would ever think they would fight. when kyana got out of class she rushed down the stairs to see what had happed. By the time she got down stairs the girls all ready left the lunch room and went to the main office. Kyana was mad because she wanted to see if her friends were okay.
Kyana spent the whole day wondering why here friends were fighting and who started it ?. She felt bad because she was not there stop the fight. And then Kyana kept on hearing people talking about

message 7: by Ayessa14 (last edited Nov 27, 2013 01:44PM) (new)

Ayessa14 | 16 comments 1.)After i read my book,i learned that never give up on something you've believed in..,and even you'd suffered in many obstacles,there will be a great reward for you because of keeping your faith strong..
2.)While working in a group try to opened up with your group members,set aside your differences in order to finish the job,and even you had very short time you can finish the job as long there are cooperation from your members
3.)Finish your job in time
4.)to make us,to more analyze the story,to reflect,relate,and to question.
5.)LUNCH TIME
The cafeteria filled with kids laughing and chattering,but this kids are not just ordinary kids,kids that has their own different powers,today was their exam were the teachers judge their students powers,to see if they had already know how to control or mastered it over the years..mean while in the end cafeteria were a table near the window,6 students were talking
"Hey guys!today's the exam right?!aren't you guys excited?"said the girl that has slanted eyes,the girl with the glasses that has dark skin looked at her,that was about to eat her sandwich"are you kidding me?you should be nervous!the principal,teachers,the student council and even the whole flipping school are gonna be observing our powers cindy!"she exclaimed almost out a breath..
"why would you be nervous?"cindy asked,gabriel face-palmed because of her ignorance,as she was about to explained,a girl who has dark brown hair with the skin as the same as gariel,slammed the table infront of her"you should be nervous because if you make mistake,it would be your first and final destination of your life!"she said "what you're trying to say is.."said cindy,"what i'm trying to say is that you might FAIL!and when you fail you have to go the 2nd level of their education!and you know what type...of education it is right?.."the dark haired girl puts her face closer to cindy looking at her seriously..cindy gulped"o-of course!everybody knows that kaziya"cindy said nervously,kaziya backed away and finally sat down"good.."mumbled kaziya,"man..thinking about it give shivers down my spine "said gabriel while holding her right shoulders,"i haven't seen that reaction for months now kaziya,you're really scary sometimes and thanks for explainig"gabriel said while looking at kaziya"it was nothing.."she said shyly.."hmph!seriously not one of you are excited!?"cindy said,"well,Iam~"said the girl with a short puffy hair,"i mean you shouldn't worry on those i'm sure all of you be just fine,just don't over think about it~"she said,"high five sis!~said cindy,"high-five!~"then they slap the flat of their palm,"did you guys practice last night"asked the girl with the puffy hair,"of course,tee"gabriel and zakiya both said in a unison,"if that so~you shouldn't worry!can you guys show some few tricks?~"asked tee,"oh,oh,oh!~ me first"said cindy,cindy got up from the table and held her right hand on the side,she looked at the others then a flare came out on cindy's hand,amusement came to there reactions still look ing at her right hand,cindy laughed from their reaction but then she notice the flame on her right had was getting bigger,cindy stop it but she couldn't"umm...a little help here!"said cindy,"wait,i got this"said kaziya,she opened her water bottle,and put her hand on top of it and water started flowing out of the bottle the kaziya started to manipulate it,"don't move!""Quick!"said cindy,
..........UNDER CONSTRUCTION.....

message 8: by Fefeta (last edited Nov 27, 2013 07:28AM) (new)

Fefeta Lalonde (RougeofHeart) | 20 comments 1)The most important thing I learned in this book is that even in the darkest moments, there my be a pinprick of light which you must have faith in.
2)The most important thing I learned while I was in my group was that you must work together to achieve your goal.
3)I think my group needs to have better sense of time (including me) XD, because we rushed on pasting the pictures.
4) So we can relate to the book and look deeper into the book and see differently about it.
5) Voice Rangers, because my "friend" talk about it a lot and I really want to know what its about. Sounds interesting.
6) Teerana-Sama was in the lunch line at school, today they were selling hotdogs. Chaos surrounded her, which made her question herself "if she was the only sane person here". 10 kids already got trampled, and the lunch ladies really didn't care. Her friends all left her and moved to Texas, for some ransom reason. "Can I help you sir?" she turned her head to a voice that called to her, it was a boy where the lunch lady should have been. He had dark shaggy hair and shades on, "um Im a girl..." she said softly. "And Im blind!" the boy declared removing his shades which revealed dark empty sockets where his eyes should have been, Tee blinked "uh..." pausing before she spoke "I don't think someone who's blind should be here, yo-" she began "Heres the hot dogs and buns the buns" he interrupted her "You cant see whats going on but is a-" she was interrupted again "gonna warm up the hotdog now" he smiled "YOu cant see whats going on here, but its a disaster" she finished. "Im not so sure that blind people can make hotdogs..." she closed her eyes for a moment. "finished the hotdog" he shoved a hotdog into the young girls hand, her eyes widened "t-thankyou" she stammered.

message 9: by Michael (new)

Michael | 25 comments 1.i learned to have patience.i learned to wait sometimes and i will get what i want.also i learned to sometime to not trust people.like when my brother ask's for one of my game.he might break it.
2.that people can help you when you need help.also i leaned that working in a group can be good for people to make new friends.
3.my team needs to be on task and should be working on the project.also they should stay quit so other people can concentrate so people wont mess up and ruin the project.
4.we can use thinking prompts to help us imagine the book and to expand our thoughts about the book.
5.i would like to read diary of a wimpy kid bad luck.because it is the newest diary of a wimpy kid and it seems good.
6."come on Aaron lets go!"Mike said to Aaron as they where running across the gym to the other side.As Aaron was racing to the other side,a giant portal opened to a laboratory.When Aron and mike walled through the portal,a voice said "Hello and welcome to apeture laboratories.you will have to complete 5 test to escape".then the portal closed and they started to begin the 5 test.The first test was easy but the second test was hard.They got these devices called the portal gun.After completing the 5 test the voice said again"good job now you will be set free."Then they got transported back to the school.

message 10: by Taj (new)

Taj (UhTaj) | 21 comments 1} I had learned more about the book and more vocabulary that i did not know.
2} I learned that you cant do everything by yourself.
3} My team talked to much but we got our work done
4}

message 11: by Yusef (new)

Yusef Cole | 8 comments 1. Because of the work I did in my the most important thing that i learned was the teamwork because without teamwork you dont acomplish any thing.

2. the most important thing that i learned about teamwork is that there is a lot of personalitys and you wont get along with everyone but you can try
3. the next time im in a group one thing i can work on is less talking

4. when i write or draw i use writing prompts is so i can have a main idea

5.one thing that i want like someone else's is to have as manny books as them.

message 12: by Barkisu (new)

Barkisu | 20 comments 1.)I learned while working as a team is that we should never give up on things because you will not only accomplish .
2.)The importance I learned about teamwork is that you get more things done faster and more efficiently.
3.)In my group next time we need to work on finishing are pieces of the work faster and planning.
4.)We use thinking prompts to expand are thinking and the way we see are characters in our books.
5.)I like "Some One Like You" because it seems unique and thats something I would read.
6.) "Hurry up " yelled Sam
" It would go faster if you help me" Rachael yelled back.
"I just dont wanna get caught" He said as he took the bags from her hands.
" We'll be find Im pretty sure this school cant afford cameras for the night or sercurity guards if they cant afford two-ply toilet paper in this school."
" Okay but how will we even get into the classroom ?"
"I stole all the classroom key"
" Cant you get trouble for that ?"
"I'll return it tommorrow."
" Why have to do this for ? "
" Your Asking TOO MANY QUESTIONS!!!"
" I just dont wanna get in trouble."
" You know Im doing this for you"
" Okay."
. . . .
" Hello class today we will be talking about Asian Trade Routes. As we all know" said Mrs. Jewels( she puts down the map)
All the children laugh as a picture of Sam is dropped instead of a map of the united states.
" Sam to the office NOW"

message 13: by Taj (new)

Taj (UhTaj) | 21 comments Taj wrote: "1} I had learned more about the book and more vocabulary that i did not know.
2} I learned that you cant do everything by yourself.
3} My team talked to much but we got our work done
4} We use thinking prompts to describe our story more in depth.
5}The book Twilight I saw on Jocelyn's shelf. Its seems like a good book and a lot of people have rated it 5 stars.
6} " Time for lunch " said Tommy
" I cant wait for the pizza today "
" Are you sure Tom " said Jay
" The pizza here seems a little over cooked "
"Hey food is food you should appreciate it " said Tommy
" Well you can eat it "

message 14: by Janally1220 (new)

Janally1220 | 21 comments .)I learned while working as a team is that we should never give up on things because you will not only accomplish .
2.)The importance I learned about teamwork is that you get more things done faster and more efficiently.
3.)In my group next time we need to work on finishing are pieces of the work faster and planning.
4.)We use thinking prompts to expand are thinking and the way we see are characters in our books.
5.)I like "Some One Like You" because it seems unique and thats something I would read.
6.) "Hurry up " yelled Sam
" It would go faster if you help me" Rachael yelled back.
"I just dont wanna get caught" He said as he took the bags from her hands.
" We'll be find Im pretty sure this school cant afford cameras for the night or sercurity guards if they cant afford two-ply toilet paper in this school."
" Okay but how will we even get into the classroom ?"
"I stole all the classroom key"
" Cant you get trouble for that ?"
"I'll return it tommorrow."
" Why have to do this for ? "
" Your Asking TOO MANY QUESTIONS!!!"
" I just dont wanna get in trouble."
" You know Im doing this for you"
" Okay."
. . . .
" Hello class today we will be talking about Asian Trade Routes. As we all know" said Mrs. Jewels( she puts down the map)
All the children laugh as a picture of Sam is dropped instead of a map of the united states.
" Sam to the office NOW"