American Fork Library discussion

Reading Challenges > December 2013

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Coral (last edited Nov 26, 2013 08:31AM) (new)

Coral | 70 comments Mod
Curl up in front of the fire, or with a cup of hot chocolate and read your favorite Christmas book, or discover a new holiday story. Comment below and share what you read!

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Davis (hotsurferdavis) | 1 comments I finally decided to brave the book Little Women, and surprisingly have enjoyed it so far!

message 3: by AnneMarie (new)

AnneMarie | 3 comments Mod
I reread Jan Karon's "The Mitford Snowmen" the other night. It's a quick read, less than 10 minutes. If you are a fan of Jan Karon's Mitford series, then be sure to include this sweet little snippet of everyday Mitford life in your collection.

message 4: by Coral (new)

Coral | 70 comments Mod
I recently read A Christmas Snow by Jim Stovall. When Kathleen gets snowed in with a stranger and her fiance's daughter, she is reminded of the true meaning of Christmas. It was a fun, fast read, and a good reminder to slow down and enjoy the simple things of the holiday season.

message 5: by Coral (new)

Coral | 70 comments Mod
A book I read every Christmas is Gathering Christmas by Larry R. Laycock. An elderly couple observe people throughout the year and come up with creative schemes to give to others anonymously. Sometimes they give food or presents, other times, they give experiences to remind others of what Christmas is all about. It's a quick read, and an inspiring 'pay it forward' story.