Mr. Kovach 1st and 2nd period reading group discussion

reading questions of the week due 11-22-13

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mr. Kovach (last edited Nov 22, 2013 04:09AM) (new)

Mr. Kovach (ckovachfranklinboeorg) | 28 comments Mod
1) Because of the work you did with your book club project group, what is the most important thing you learned about your book? Explain your answer.

2) What is the most important thing you learned about working in a team?

3) Whatever team you'll be working with next time we do a project, what does the team need to do better than your current team did?

4) When we write or draw about our books, why do we use thinking prompts?

5) Look at another student's bookshelves. What is one book you found that you would like to read? Why did you select this book?

6) Write a short story about something that happened at school, but add a fantasy element. Your story should be about as long as what would look like a page on lined paper. BE SURE TO INCLUDE:
- correctly punctuated dialogue
- setting description
- sound
- action
- emotion
- a fantasy element

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam | 46 comments 1)One thing I learned about my book was that there were different point of views on events in the story which made is think deeper about what we read.

message 3: by Sam (new)

Sam | 46 comments 2)the most important thing I learned was one good idea can be made a better one with more.

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam | 46 comments 3) in the next team we need to work in assigning tasks.

message 5: by Sam (new)

Sam | 46 comments 4)we use thinking prompts to make us think deeper about what we read.

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam | 46 comments 5) I would like to read Devils Wear Pravda because I have seen the movie and want to know if there is a difference between the two.

message 7: by Sam (new)

Sam | 46 comments 6) The last period bell rang.
" Almost done!" I thought to my self. It was the last day of school. I couldn't wait to be free. I walked down the hallway and saw a slight glow coming from the vent near by. I knelt down and took a look inside.
"Freddy! What are you doing?" I asked.
" we'll, as you can see I'm glowing. That's what I do when I'm nervous."
" Nervous about what?" I asked.
"Paige," Freddy said." It's the last day of school and people go crazy!"
"Whatever happens you'll be fine, now come on we'll be late for science class." Freddy and I hurried along. When we walked in the door Paige was standing there.
"Hi Freddy" she said in a manly voice. Uh oh, he stArted to glow again. Once he sat down Velma stepped in front of him, " hold on I got that for ya" she sat down and turned in to a big pile of gew. Freddy stood there traumatized holding his books in his hand.
"Freddy'" the teacher said"please sit down."
"Ya Freddy." Repeated Paige. So Freddy did. SQUISH! Ew! Then the bell rung and we all ran out of class. Freddy walked behind all of the others.
" I can't believe I put up with them!" He said
"It's ok, you were the bigger person. They just gave you a hard time. Don't worry, what goes around comes around!" And we both walked out of that school never to return.

message 8: by Sak786 (new)

Sak786 | 20 comments 1) What I learned from my book is that you van never trust any one because you never no what they can do ,like the inn keeper in Bright Shadow he told the king that Swen is the wizard.

message 9: by Ziare (last edited Nov 22, 2013 05:32AM) (new)

Ziare | 15 comments 1)I learned that katniss actually save her sister from going into the hunger games. that proves how strong hearted she is because most people wouldn't had done that.
2)that more heads make a better group with more thinking.
3)yes the next group will be way better.
4)to expand your thinking.
5)no
6)the girl in school was goth she was always depressed someone liked her but felt on confident of himself and he was scarred and then he asked her out to prom and she said yes. "will you go to prom with me" ,"yes i will".when they went to prom everyone made fun of them but they were a good couple .Through many years they lived there life with passion and love.then they lived happily ever after.

message 10: by Deibi (new)

Deibi Tejada | 27 comments 1.the most important thing i learned about my book is that people care about each other when they're in danger.
2.that to pass you have to work together.
3.work hard,stay focused,and stop arguing.
4.we use it because it helps us on what we're drawing.
5.maze runner i want to read it because it sounds intresting.

message 11: by Kerrifox12 (new)

Kerrifox12 | 20 comments 1) The most important thing i learned about my book is that to never be scared to leave your comfort zone
2) One thing i learned about working together is to compromise with each other
3) My team was a good team
4) Because you want know what we think about the book
5) no
6) hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi i hi hi hi hi hi hi hi

message 12: by Melina (new)

Melina Garcia (Garcia_x3) | 42 comments 1) The most important part of the book from the project that i did is that how the main charecters make it more interseting .it was boring ant not really interesting . but most important is the main lesson . in every book their is a lesson at the end . this time i really didnt find any lesson . the end of the book was boring .

message 13: by George (new)

George | 21 comments 1) i learned in my book club that i learned a lot about my book one thing that will stay with me is that friends stay together.

2) everyone has a thought that matters.

3)follow direction and stay on track.

message 14: by Melina (new)

Melina Garcia (Garcia_x3) | 42 comments 2) the most important thing i learned from working in a team is to WORK ALONE or WORK WITH SOMONE WHO YOU KNOW WILL DO THEIR JOB . To be responsible for THEIR OWN PART .

message 15: by Lashauana (new)

Lashauana | 8 comments 1)Well to be honest i didn't really like the book but what learned was that don't believe the first thing someone tells you.
2)Team work can make the best work effort.
3)Read the book more and discuss what we found interesting in the book.
4)To make it easier to draw or write the prompt
5)No not really

message 16: by Sak786 (last edited Nov 22, 2013 05:45AM) (new)

Sak786 | 20 comments 2) The most important thing I learned by working as a team is that by working as a team you can get more done and have more ideas and make something better.
3) The next team I have we will need to have everything organized so we can get right down to work.
4) The reason that we use thinking prompts is to push our thinking and make our writing better and longer.
5) The book I want to read is Prefect because I want to know why it is called Prefect.

message 17: by Andry (new)

Andry (CaptAndry) | 20 comments 1.I learned from my book is that you should never leave a friend behind try to do your best to save them .
2.I learned that is you work together that you can accomplish anything with your team.
3.I will deinitly not work with george he didn't do most of his work.
4.so we can know what to think about and memorize about the book.
5.I will love to read about a chapter book thats about a pilot in world war 3.
6.A short story is that happen in school is i was in gym and my friend and I played hockey.We both like aircraft and both want to be a pilot it will be great to have him as my co pilot.We always fly planes in games today I will play with him in my xbox.We men't when he started to talk a 747 thats a big plane it has 4 engines.It was a friday morning dark and cool outside i was focusing on my work .Then a friend came by and said ''hay dude have you seen that new game that came out."I was like what game it was a game called DCS.Its a simulator game it sound cool he said'' it was awsome you had to turn on then engine apply the flaps to rise look for the elevator.The game was cool so I couldn't wait to get out of school so i was in math doing my work so exited I just fly through so quick then before i knew it was 10 period i just wanted to burst with excitement .

message 18: by Zyhonna (new)

Zyhonna | 23 comments 1 i think this drop wasnt really working as hard as we can but the important thing is that frabrizio can really do his job
2)just worrie about what you have to do
3)we were thinking deep and strong
4)somtimes we can
5)no

message 19: by Melina (new)

Melina Garcia (Garcia_x3) | 42 comments 3) whatever team i'will be working in next time, i want them to be be responsible and do their own work . finish on time and to put effort in whatever we're working on .

message 20: by Drew (new)

Drew | 18 comments 1) one thing i learned is that all the characters all had different points of views.
2) That you should always compromise with your team.
3) they need too learn how too not be lazy and do their work.
4) so we can reflect on what we do and also so we can push our thinking.
5) a book i would like to read is bright shadows because it seems like a good book.
6)Once upon a time there were two little babies named Lyla and Nathan. They have had a secret ever since they met each other at the park and their secret is… they are super babies! Here’s how it started. One day, while they were going to the park with their moms, they settled near a bush. When Lyla looked at the bush she saw something purple. She told Nathan what she saw and they crawled off their strollers and headed behind the bush. They saw a purple spiral and underneath it was a piece of paper that said “Hello Lyla and Nathan, if you step in this portal you will be transported to a place called goodvill. It is a place where chosen people turn into super heros, in your case a super baby”. Lyla and Nathan had never been chosen to be a super baby before, so they crawled into the portal and soon saw a place filled with lots of babies that were crawling about with capes. They saw a place called get a free cape, so they crawled with excitement and got a blue and pink cape. Pink for Lyla and blue for Nathan. Then they saw a flashing green light on their wrist, it’s a watch! They touched the green light and told them to report to mission room and press the right button so, they pressed the button on the right and immediately they were at the mission room. Then right in front of them appeared a man and led them to the commander. The commander said “Hello, Lyla and Nathan your mission today is to help your moms because the bad guys knew that we sent new super babies in and created a robot to make your moms disappear in thin air. So stop that machine and fly”. At once Lyla and Nathan took off and headed to the exit and found themselves where they began and the portal closed. Then they saw the robot in front of their moms and they flew as fast as they could to knock out the robot but instead, when the robot saw them charging at him he accidentally hit a tree and bounced back and hit the robot and the robot had disappeared in thin air! Then Lyla and Nathan flew to their moms and gave them a nice snuggle and the portal opened up again and they flew up to the portal and were back in Goodville. Then the green light appeared on the watch and they pressed the right button and again they were back at the mission room. Then they went to the commander's room and the commander said, “Lyla and Nathan, I have given you this medal to appreciate you for being brave and confident from fighting the robot”. So Lyla and Nathan took the medal and headed to the exit but before they could leave the commander said to keep their capes in case they come back to the park and go back by the bush and see the portal. Then Lyla and Nathan left Goodville and returned home with their moms and lived happily ever after.
The End.

message 21: by Owami (new)

Owami | 57 comments 1. I learned that Morwenna didn't want to get the last wish used so she goes into hiding because she if she does happen to use the last wish she will die .

2. The most important thing i learned is that when you work as a team you need to work together not against each other.

3. We use thinking prompts to push our thinking and deepen our thinking.

message 22: by Amir (new)

Amir Lewis | 16 comments 1) is to always be loyalty to friends
2) is not to work with dhruv and not to let dhruv be the leader of the group.
3) we need to work more and to stop arguing with each other
4) so we can have something to think about.
5) i would like to read the catching fire because i saw the hunger games.

message 23: by Ebonique (new)

Ebonique Felix | 14 comments I learned to never give up and fight for the ones u love

Is to help others but still do your work

Focus

to have deeper thinking
perfect isad this because i connect with the book

6) Write a short story about something that happened at school, but add a fantasy element. Your story should be about as long as what would look like a page on lined paper. BE SURE TO INCLUDE:
- setting description
- sound
- action
- emotion
- a fantasy element

message 24: by Ahmad (new)

Ahmad Mayfield | 18 comments 1. my book is a good book
2. you have to work hard to get good grades
3. my teams needs to not throw eachother under the bus -___-
4. to help our thinking

message 25: by Destiny (new)

Destiny | 7 comments 1) Because of the work you did with your book club project group, what is the most important thing you learned about your book? Well Nothing really because we didnt finish the project

2) What is the most important thing you learned about working in a team? theres no i in team

3) Whatever team you'll be working with next time we do a project, what does the team need to do better than your current team did? hand their work in on time

4) When we write or draw about our books, why do we use thinking prompts? because they are about the book thats why we write them

5) Look at another student's bookshelves. What is one book you found that you would like to read? Why did you select this book? i didnt have time to

- setting description
- sound
- action
- emotion
- a fantasy element

message 26: by Ahmad (new)

Ahmad Mayfield | 18 comments 5.maze runner i'd like to read that book

message 27: by Cbranscomb (new)

Cbranscomb | 18 comments 1)The most important thing that I learned from this book is that it has multiple theme's or lessons.

2)That I should be able to choose my partners not you and to choose them wisely.

3)To do more than usual cause our group was small so instead of doing one part do 3 or 2 to get the job done.

4)So people know what the image means or what it is suppose to represent.

5)I would like to read the Hunger games cause it looks like it has a lot of action and suspense I liked the movie even though it made me mad my dad and I said that it wouldn't be kids out there fighting it would be parents if anything because they would fight for there kids.

6) Hey my name is Chris and I am at a super hero school I have multiple powers and my friends and I are in our study class to build awareness and intelligence but our teacher keeps dropping our grade it's annoying we aren't talking or anything just doing work. "Um Mr. Inferno why do you keep dropping our do now grade if we are dong our work and not talking," no reply, I asked asks again but he ignores me like usual but my friends say forget about our parents will handle it.
The next day after our parents talked to him he didn't bring down our grade he just was mean to us, but soon right after my friends and I got a little to angry, "Why are you acting like a ***** for the past few days its annoying the **** out of us," he replies, "Why are you yelling at me you better know your place a matter of fact I challenge all of you to a teacher against student duel. If i win you listen to me and don't care what I do but if you win I will leave you alone," "We except." we replied
We got ready for the battle BBBBBaaaaaaannnnngggggg we fought Mr.Inferno is strong but he couldn't handle our strength we one and he left us alone and gave us the proper grades we diserved the end.

message 28: by Rushi (last edited Dec 05, 2013 03:02PM) (new)

Rushi Patel | 33 comments 1) The most important thing that I learned from my book was that you can't trust anyone no matter what if your secret is too rare to be told to anyone.
2) The most important thing that I learned as working as a team was that you can't give up on what have started and another one is that no matter how far you are for your project to completed you can't stop there you must work through to get it done.
3) We need to have a better organization on what people are doing and how fast but good they do it.
4) When we write or talk we use thinking prompts because we could show our thinking about the book and can show we understand the book.
5) The book that I liked on another's bookshelf was The Titans Curse. I chose this book because I wanted to read this book too.
6) "Hey Mr. Boss, can we have a extra credit if you make a strong spell on the mouse and have the formulas written down on the goblin skeleton" a student said.
"Yes" replied Mr. Boss.
Mr. Boss was very happy that his students were wanting to learn.(I mean who doesn't want want to learn about magic and all that other stuff.)Well there was one boy who hated to even learn about magic and his name was Harry Einstein. His ancestor Albert Einstein was the man who invented magic and was a story behind magic in his hidden library where no ordinary person could find. He hide five keys somewhere in the world and gave it to people that he trusted the most because the magic in that book is very strong and risky if you don't have a proper will. But one day people fought over the book, the humans and the wizards/witches. The humans lost and than hated magic because the magic they did wasn't as powerful as the wizards. "BANG BANG POW POW AHH AHH!" They all were satisfied after the war was over. From that day humans hated magic because of what crisis had came to them when they had this enormous war. The End.

message 29: by Melina (new)

Melina Garcia (Garcia_x3) | 42 comments 4) when we read we use our reading prompts because it's important and it will give us more to write about . Like, to be more creative with our writing .

message 30: by Melina (new)

Melina Garcia (Garcia_x3) | 42 comments 5) I looked at another's students shelf, and I didn't find a book that I would like to read .

message 31: by Sak786 (new)

Sak786 | 20 comments It was 5:00 am in the morning I was getting ready for school, my mom told me to get something from her purse. On my way to her purse I felt something happening to me. I didn't know what had happened but I what my mom wanted .
After 10 minutes my bus came, I started to wonder what had happened to me. All of a sudden my hands started shaking.
" Now I'm scared !" "What's happening.