Dactyl Review discussion

In Process > Showcase your current work

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Henry (new)

Henry Martin (henrymartin) | 51 comments Mod
As authors, we are constantly working on the 'next' project. It may be a short story, a new novel, or just pages filled with random thoughts.

If you care to share what you are currently working on, this is the place. Feedback and comments make for interesting discussions.

message 2: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) In one of my flash fiction collections I wrote a story called "How one of them remembers their conversation" - that thing where you replay a conversation over and over in your head trying to reconstruct it (in this case about a relationship break-up) and of course you can never recreate it entirely. So I started with a 10 line exchange and then broke up the sentences and formed new ones solely from those 5 sentences spoken by each partner.

Anyway, now I'm collaborating with a video maker to render it in kinetic typography on a video, to bring out even more the mutability and misinterpretability of words that the piece is about.

For me the letters spelling words are the very DNA of the words themselves and I like drilling down to that level and mutating them in some of the work I do.

message 3: by Henry (new)

Henry Martin (henrymartin) | 51 comments Mod
Marc,

if you care to share the flash story, post it in a separate topic within this thread. I would love to see it.

message 4: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) Henry wrote: "Marc,

if you care to share the flash story, post it in a separate topic within this thread. I would love to see it."

I don't think the formatting would work in a comment box. You'll have to wait for the video! :-)

But to give you an idea, in my introduction to the group I posted a link to the first kinetic typography video of one of my pieces. You could try that for an introduction to some of my ideas about letters and mutability of words.

m x