Amazingness and Reading discussion

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
This topic is about Catching Fire
Movies and Entertainment > Movie-Talk - CATCHING FIRE

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Alva (new)

Alva | 219 comments Have you already seen the movie?
What are your thoughts on it?

( If you haven't, here's a special treat from me to you. To get in the Hunger Games mood! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNqX31...)

message 2: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) I'm seeing it tonight!!! In about 8 hours!!!

message 3: by Alva (new)

Alva | 219 comments Arrghh!!! COOL!!!
I can't see it until next weeek!

message 4: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) My theater is doing a double feature tonight so I'm watching both movies back to back

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 93 comments I'm going to see it eventually :)

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 305 comments Just saw it!!!! ITS AMAZING!!! So much better than the last one!!!

Izzy (izzybookholics) *whimpers* I wanna!!!

Lve2read | 3 comments I watched it Yesterday!! It Was EPIC!!
yes It wasn't as good as the book, but still amazing! and SO sad at the end :( OHH can't wait for Mocking Jay next year!!

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 305 comments I don't think Mockingjay will be as good as Catching Fire because the material isn't as good as in Catching fire

message 10: by Izzy (last edited Nov 22, 2013 05:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Izzy (izzybookholics) WATCHED IT!!!!!! SOO GOOD!!!!!! CHECK OUT WHAT I SAID IN RANDOM STUFF RYANN!!!!!!! XPP

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 305 comments Mockingjay is the weakest book of the series. They are going to have to add things in to part 1 because there just isn't enough material to make a 2 hour movie

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 1303 comments Hm yes. Agreed. Mockingjay was just so....bad.

readeraz (zoethereader) | 493 comments What I don't get is why they are splitting it up. Harry potter did it because the last book was a 500+ pages! With so many different things happening at once! But Mockingjay was only like 300 :p

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 305 comments Exactly a majority of the book is made up of Katniss moping around and crying in closets. Not exactly good movie material

readeraz (zoethereader) | 493 comments I feel like they are going to add unnecessary action scenes in part 1 of the movie, just to make it more interesting :(

message 16: by Izzy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Izzy (izzybookholics) LittleMissFangirl {Zoe} wrote: "I feel like they are going to add unnecessary action scenes in part 1 of the movie, just to make it more interesting :("

You're prob right!

message 17: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) Catching fire stick really close to the book! I was kinda surprised!! But it was amazing!!

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 305 comments I was really surprised when it turned out to be pretty awesome!!! It stuck so close to the book!! I personally liked what Francis Lawrence did with it instead of Gary Ross

message 19: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) Yeah me too! I hope that they make mockingjay this good!!

message 20: by Alva (new)

Alva | 219 comments Yeah! So its really good?! I'm so looking forward to seeing Catching Fire. I'll watch it next week!
I find it incredible stupid that the producers of such series feel like they always have to divude the last book into two parts. Hate it. (Harry Potter was great!)

message 21: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) Yes it's very good!!!

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) I'm excited!! I'll see it tmrrw I think...

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 22, 2013 08:55AM) (new)

I Got my Ticket To See Catching Fire Tonight

I LOVED Mockingjay.and I for One am Glad That They are Making it into a two-part finale. :)

you never know,with the SAME director From Catching Fire
Mockingjay is Going to be ABSOLUTELY Epic.!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

XD
Ginny did you watch it?

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Miss Amazingness wrote: "XD
Ginny did you watch it?"

I Have Not Seen Catching Fire Yet,Still Have a Few Hours to go.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Oooh okay. I was gonna ask how it was :)

message 27: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) AMAZING!! That's how it was!!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

*glances at my name* Are you sure its worth the title of Amazingness? :P

message 29: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) Uh yeah I'm sure XD it stayed so close to the book! And I'm a tough movie critic. If I liked it then you know it's good:) I always complain about movies but this one was so good that you didn't notice the stuff that wasn't in it.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Ohh of cooourse. If Tia says its good, it HAS to be ;)
Sigh. I wonder when it'll be online

message 31: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) Of course it has to be good XD

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 305 comments I'm incredibly critical when it comes to movies and overall I gave it a B+, by my grading scale that= AWESOMNESS, but there are a couple of things that need fixing.
While they Did succeed in staying really close to the book, it did leave out a kind of important scene, when Katniss finds Bonnie and Twill. This is kind of important because that's when we find out about district 13. If I had not read the books I would be terribly confused about what district 13 is and how it actually survived.
Also at some parts it seemed a bit rushed. It was BAM BAM BAM all the way through to the end. While that's a good suspense factor, it begins to become overwhelming after awhile.
Aside from those little things it was great!!!

Jen Lawrence as usual was amazing!!! Her performance was riveting to say the least. Josh hutcherson this time around did a pretty decent job. He was able to hold his ground with Jen. I also loved all the new characters introduced, particularly Finnick and Johanna. Sam Claflin is one of my new celebrity crushes. Omg he is sooooo hot!!!!!!

Anyways, this movie was brilliant!

readeraz (zoethereader) | 493 comments Great review! I can't wait to see the movie!! <3

message 34: by Alva (new)

Alva | 219 comments Thanks Stormy!!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Miss Amazingness wrote: "Oooh okay. I was gonna ask how it was :)"

it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh you watched it? :DDD
I have a feeling that imma be the last person to see it -_-'
I'm really excited to tho!

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) I'll see CATCHING FIRE in 1 hour and 38 minutes :)

message 38: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) Whoop!! Go Rachel!!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool!
How's Cali???

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) It's great XD

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

:D
I went there in like 2007

message 42: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) I live there!!! So it's great all the time XD

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Can you believe that we only get Thursday and Friday off for thanksgiving?!

message 44: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) Seriously?? I get a whole week off

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Miss Amazingness wrote: "Oh you watched it? :DDD
I have a feeling that imma be the last person to see it -_-'
I'm really excited to tho!"

Yes I Did :)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) I'm gonna see it now!!

message 47: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) Have fun!!!!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Miss Perfection™ (Rachel) wrote: "I'm gonna see it now!!"

Yay!

Have Fun!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I want to watch itttt
If someone finds a link to watch online, you BETTER give me it!! ;P

message 50: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) Of course Lya;) what kind of friends would we b if we didn't? XD

« previous 1