Helping Hands discussion

'40 Chances: Finding Hope in a Hungry World' by Howard G. Buffet

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Thibeault (thebookreporter) | 2 comments Just finished reading the new book by Howard G. Buffet called 40 Chances: Finding Hope in a Hungry World. Buffet draws on his 25+ years of humanitarian and philanthropy work (and 30+ years in farming) to detail what does and does not work in the effort to fight global poverty and hunger. This is a very enlightening look at the fight against hunger, and a must read for anyone interested in making the world a better place for everyone. I've written a full executive summary of the book available here: http://newbooksinbrief.com/2013/11/19...

message 2: by Melinda (new)

Melinda | 1 comments Thanks for sharing. I plan to suggest the title to the book club at Prairie UU church here in Madison. It sounds perfect for what they read.

message 3: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Thibeault (thebookreporter) | 2 comments Melinda wrote: "Thanks for sharing. I plan to suggest the title to the book club at Prairie UU church here in Madison. It sounds perfect for what they read."

That sounds great Melinda. It's really a fantastic book on many levels, and I think your church group will really enjoy it.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 281 comments Mod
Wow, that does sound good! I'm always open to ways to make the world even just a little bit better. And on a huge scale like fighting hunger...even better!

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (bkbsmiles) | 50 comments Thanks for sharing. I will check out the link.