What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

A Door Near Here
This topic is about A Door Near Here
SOLVED: Children's/YA > YA book about a teen girl raising her siblings [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't remember for the life of me what the book is titled. It has the word "door" or "window" in it. Or both. All I can remember is that it's about a teen girl who raises her siblings. I think they might live in like an old cabin? Not attached to that fact, I may be conflating it with another book. But I read it when I was in middle school (from 2001-2004), so it had to be published before then. I'd say it was published probably mid-to-late-90s/early 2000s.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4839 comments Hmmm,A Door Near Here A Door Near Here by Heather Quarles fits the criteria.

If not, do you remember why the girl was raising the siblings? Where were the parents/guardians?

message 3: by Yue (new)

Yue | 137 comments Flowers in the Attic, the girl + her older brother raise their 2 younger siblings.

message 4: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments Dicey's Song is a series about an oldest sister trying to take care of siblings after their mom leaves them. I think they stay in various places temporarily, maybe including a cabin.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Tab wrote: "Hmmm,A Door Near HereA Door Near Here by Heather Quarles fits the criteria.

If not, do you remember why the girl was raising the siblings? Where were the parents/guardians?"

That's it! Thank you so much!