Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Being Mrs. Dracula
This topic is about Being Mrs. Dracula
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Cover Help > New Cover uploaded by author

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by W.H. (new) - added it

W.H. (lovetiggi) | 98 comments OK I am at a crossroads here.. The existing cover is not the correct one. How is an alternate edition made if the cover has been already been added by the author?

It is being re-released by a new publisher on December 4, 2013 with the cover below.

https://www.goodreads.com/photo/work/...

Thank You

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments As this is being re-released by a new publisher, does that mean that it also has a new ISBN? In which case it makes this much easier!

If the re-release reuses the old ISBN, then an alternate-cover edition can be added.

message 3: by W.H. (new) - added it

W.H. (lovetiggi) | 98 comments Will verify with the author on the ISBN issue. I believe they are going to use a new one, however not 100% sure. Be back when I have an answer.
Thank You!

message 4: by W.H. (new) - added it

W.H. (lovetiggi) | 98 comments One question. The author does not want to lose all her existing reviews... If they decide to obtain a new ISBN, in creating a new edition of the book, will that cause her to lose all her reviews?

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments W.H. wrote: "One question. The author does not want to lose all her existing reviews... If they decide to obtain a new ISBN, in creating a new edition of the book, will that cause her to lose all her reviews?"

No, it will not. The editions will be combined, so then all reviews and ratings will count for all editions. For an example, just look at one of the author's other works, where there are two editions.

message 6: by W.H. (new) - added it

W.H. (lovetiggi) | 98 comments OK Thanks.

message 7: by W.H. (new) - added it

W.H. (lovetiggi) | 98 comments Will have new ISBN and ASIN. I verified directly with the Publisher.

message 8: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments W.H. wrote: "Will have new ISBN and ASIN. I verified directly with the Publisher."

OK then, so it can be added normally! Once it's been added (or if you'd like us to added, that's OK, too!), just let us know so we can combine.

message 9: by W.H. (new) - added it

W.H. (lovetiggi) | 98 comments Thank You so much for your offer to add it, please do. Do you need the new publisher's info? Same synopsis will be used

message 10: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments I will need:
Title (if changed)
ISBN / ASIN
Publisher
No. Pages (for each edition (Kindle & Paperback are considered separate))
Format

message 11: by W.H. (new) - added it

W.H. (lovetiggi) | 98 comments Title: Being Mrs. Dracula
ISBN/ASIN: I do not have it yet - will ask for it
Publisher: Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing
Official URL: http://www.crushingheartsandblackbutt...
# of pages: Same as previous edition
Format: Kindle Edition- Paperback to come when done being formatted.

message 12: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments re 12, since it was very obviously a placeholder cover, i deleted it. you should be able to upload another one now.

message 13: by Banjomike (last edited Nov 22, 2013 06:21AM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments re 12,
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

M., you see what I mean by 'confusing'?

message 14: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments W.H. wrote: "Title: Being Mrs. Dracula
ISBN/ASIN: I do not have it yet - will ask for it
Publisher: Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing
Official URL: http://www.crushingheartsandblackbutt...
# of pages: Same as previous edition
Format: Kindle Edition- Paperback to come when done being formatted."

The new edition is here. Just let us know as soon as you know the other information. :)

message 15: by W.H. (new) - added it

W.H. (lovetiggi) | 98 comments As soon as I get the ASIN I will edit the file and add it because the Publisher does not have it quite yet. Thanks for adding it.

message 16: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments W.H. wrote: "As soon as I get the ASIN I will edit the file and add it because the Publisher does not have it quite yet. Thanks for adding it."

Unfortunately GR Authors can only edit their own works, so either the author herself will need to edit it or you will need to ask us. We don't mind though. :)

message 17: by W.H. (new) - added it

W.H. (lovetiggi) | 98 comments Oh OK! I am still learning all this stuff... Thanks for the help.

message 18: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments W.H. wrote: "Oh OK! I am still learning all this stuff... Thanks for the help."

Your welcome! :)

message 19: by Frank (new)

Frank Freudberg (frankfreudberg) | 12 comments Ooops. Forgive me, but I think I made the following request in the wrong discussion category, so I'm repeating it here: I have a new cover for "Find Virgil." The new cover appears on "Find Virgil"'s Amazon Kindle page (the new cover did not yet migrate to the Amazon paperback page, so please don't use that one). I will gladly upload the new cover for your needs, but I can't find an upload button here. Please fix this for me or let me know what I should do. Thank you.

message 20: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments Frank wrote: "Ooops. Forgive me, but I think I made the following request in the wrong discussion category, so I'm repeating it here: I have a new cover for "Find Virgil." The new cover appears on "Find Virgil"'..."

You made it on the right thread (adding cover images to books) and it's all done. See my reply here.

It is better to stick with that thread as this thread pertains to a specific book (the thread is linked to a book in the OP).

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.