Victorian Era England(roleplay) discussion

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

Hennessy (Angel_of_Wyrd) (goodreadscomangelofwyrd) | 102 comments Mod
This is where the St. Aubyn family keeps their impressive stable of horses.

message 2: by Terra (new)

Terra Joey stood inside a stall, brushing a cream-colored horse with a black mane, black socks, and intelligent brown eyes. He brushed the animal with long, slow strokes, talking gently to it. "That's a good girl, Bailey. I'll give you a nice bucket of oats after I'm done brushing you." Bailey nickered and bobbed her head in response.

message 3: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

Cambria walked into the stables and heard the young stable hand talking to the horsed again. She smiled to herself. He was a sweet boy and it was a shame that he had lost his father. "Hello Joey." she said quietly.

message 4: by Terra (new)

Terra Joey whirled around at the sound of her voice, not having heard her come into the stables. "Miss St. Aubyn! I'm sorry, I didn't hear you come in. Um.. did you come for a horse? Bailey here isn't ready to ride at the moment, but I could get another horse ready for you."

message 5: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

"No, Joey, I just came to think." Cambria assured him. She hated the way he stuttered in her presence. She didn't feel that she was cruel to the servants but they feared her just as they did Gabriel. "I don't know all of their names?" She said.

message 6: by Terra (new)

Terra "Well, this here's Bailey." Joey said, patting the mare. "She's the nicest mare I've ever met. Then there's Auden over there, the big black one. He has quite a temper and doesn't like hay, but he listens to me. Thomson is the small gray horse over there with the white mark on his forehead. He's old and not very fast, but can canter for a long time. He also loves apples."

Joey walked over to the third stall. "This here is Snow." He said, pointing to a white mare who nuzzled him with her nose. "She's the youngest one here, but she's also the fastest as well." He walked over to the last stall, gesturing for Cambria to follow. "And this one is Jester." Joey stated, petting a brown horse with a black mane and tail. "He's a spirited horse, and loves to be ridden. You can pet him if you want."

message 7: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

Cambria smiled and stroked the horse. She also smiled at Joey, the boy came alive when he spoke about the horses. "Do you have a favorite?" She asked him.

message 8: by Terra (new)

Terra "Hmm... Tough question, that is." Joey said, looking at the five horses. "I care for all of them, so they're like my family. Kind of hard to choose favorites in a family." He scratched his head, looking over at Cambria. "Which one do you like, Miss St. Aubyn?"

message 9: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

Cambria rubbed her jaw in thought. She stepped up the the white mare. "I think Snow would be my favorite. She has so much spirit and her color makes her look so pure." She smiled as the horse nickered.

message 10: by Terra (last edited Nov 22, 2013 06:55PM) (new)

Terra Joey smiled. "A good choice Miss St. Aubyn. It seems like Snow likes you too." He petted the mare's nose. He hesitated for a moment, then said, "If I may be so bold, Miss. You said earlier that you came here to think. Is something troubling you?"

message 11: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

"You may." She assured him. "I came to think about my future. It is certain to everyone but myself it seems." She sighed. "Sometimes I envy those of you who are given a choice Joey." she smiled sadly at him.

message 12: by Terra (new)

Terra "Why would you not be given a choice?" Joey asked. "You are a Lady of the St. Aubyn family. You have wealth, and enough power to do what you please, whenever you please. If anybody has a choice of their future, it is you."

message 13: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

"That is where you are wrong. As a lady there are things that are expected of me. Things I mightn't be able to escape." She sighed. "I am far from free to choose."

message 14: by Terra (new)

Terra "Hmmm..." Joey said. He didn't quite know what to say, as he had never been in the kind of situation that Cambria was in. So instead, he said. "Would you... like to go for a ride? My father always said that horse riding makes the rider's fears disappear. Not sure if it'll work, but would you like to give it a try?" Who knows, maybe what his father said was true.

message 15: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

"I'd like that." She smiled. "Would you like to come with me?" She knew it wasn't normal but there were other stable hands and she would make sure he didn't get into any trouble.

message 16: by Terra (new)

Terra "It'd be an honor, Miss St. Aubyn." Joey said, smiling. Then he turned and called to another stable hand. "Oy! I need you to finish brushing Bailey, and after you're done with that, give her a bucket of oats." The other boy nodded, and hurried off to do as ordered. "Alright, let's get Snow saddled up." Joey said, and put on the riding gear. He then placed down a stool for Cambria to step on so she could easily swing herself up onto the saddle.

message 17: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

Cambria accepted his help. "Which one will you ride?" She asked him happily. It felt good to just be herself with someone. To just be happy.

message 18: by Terra (new)

Terra "I'll ride Thomson. He hasn't been out of the stables in a while, so this would be a good chance for him to stretch his legs." Joey said, walking over to the gray horse. "You want to go for a ride, old boy?" He asked the horse, who pricked his ears up and walked towards him. "I'll take that as a yes." A couple minutes later, Thomson was saddled up and ridden out of the stall. "Where would you like to go, Miss St. Aubyn?"

message 19: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

"You pick." she said happily. "I just want to ride and it's been awhile." She didn't care where they went this just made her feel more free than she had in a very, very long time.

message 20: by Terra (new)

Terra ((Gtg))

"Okay. Let's go to Hyde Park." Joey said, then flicked the reigns and both the boy and horse led the way at a steady trot out of the stables.

message 21: by Hennessy, The wonderful Head Mod! A St. Aubyn at heart. (new)

((Okay. See ya tomorrow))

message 22: by Terra (new)

Terra ((I'm back! :) I'm going to RP at the Hyde Park discussion thread))